Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

After your catch.. Fish recipes

<< < (2/7) > >>

FG Steve:
Basic Grilled Trout

Rules

1. No guts make it home.  Clean fish and put on ice ASAP.  Easy in the Winter!  Entrails are good for the ecosystem.  Just don't clean 'em in shallow water or by the boat dock (unsightly).
2. No heads or tails make it to the pan (or grill).
3. No bones make it to the pan or the table (that includes pin bones come on don't be lazy).

Recipe

2 Large Boneless Trout Fillets (3+ lbs original fish weight), cool from the fridge.
3 TBSP Melted Butter
1 Lemon
Kosher Salt
Lawry's Lemon Pepper
Olive Oil Spray

Clean grill grates are imperative.
Preheat the grill to 500 deg F
While the grill is preheating prepare the fillets:

1. Spray the skin side with olive oil and place flesh side up.  Continue on the flesh side:
2. Apply kosher salt to taste.
3. Apply lemon pepper to taste.
4. Brush with melted butter
5. Spray with olive oil.

Once the grill is preheated, set for medium direct cooking.
Spray the grates with Weber Grill Spray.
Place the fillets at a 45 deg angle flesh side down.  Cook 4 minutes.
Carefully rotate the fillets 90 degrees.  Cook 4 more minutes.
Turn the fillets skin side down.  Cook 4-6 more minutes.  This is the side to adjust timing for your doneness preference.
Serve hot with lemon wedges.

With some practice and clean grates, this makes a beautiful presentation and beats foil or a fish basket.

Mom's favorite!

IDbasser:
I grew up in the south and all fish was breaded in seasoned cornmeal and deepfried, I didn't know there was any other way of eating fish.  I caught a mess of perch the other day and was doing some messing around cooking them different ways to find a different way of cooking them.  I really liked one of the ways, I did not measure anything, because I rarely do, so here goes.

Ritz crackers smashed up really well
lemon pepper seasoning to taste
granulated garlic powder to taste
mix well

beaten eggs for an eggwash

flour seasoned with some creole seasoning, not much, just some.

dip fillets in flour, then into eggwash, then into crackers
I pan fried them with some olive oil and a little butter turning them once and letting them get browned on both sides.

You can taste a little lemon from the lemon pepper, I really enjoyed those perch cooked this way.

Whopper Stopper:

--- Quote from: FG Steve on Jan 08, 2013, 01:58 PM ---Basic Grilled Trout

Rules

1. No guts make it home.  Clean fish and put on ice ASAP.  Easy in the Winter!  Entrails are good for the ecosystem.  Just don't clean 'em in shallow water or by the boat dock (unsightly).
2. No heads or tails make it to the pan (or grill).
3. No bones make it to the pan or the table (that includes pin bones come on don't be lazy).

Recipe

1 Large Boneless Trout Fillet (3+ lbs original fish weight), cool from the fridge.
3 TBSP Melted Butter
1 Lemon
Kosher Salt
Lawry's Lemon Pepper
Olive Oil Spray

Clean grill grates are imperative.
Preheat the grill to 500 deg F
While the grill is preheating prepare the fillet:

1. Spray the skin side with olive oil and place flesh side up.  Continue on the flesh side:
2. Apply kosher salt to taste.
3. Apply lemon pepper to taste.
4. Brush with melted butter
5. Spray with olive oil.

Once the grill is preheated, set for medium direct cooking.
Spray the grates with Weber Grill Spray.
Place the fillet at a 45 deg angle flesh side down.  Cook 4 minutes.
Carefully rotate the fillet 90 degrees.  Cook 4 more minutes.
Turn the fillet skin side down.  Cook 4-6 more minutes.  This is the side to adjust timing for your doneness preference.
Serve hot with lemon wedges.

With some practice and clean grates, this makes a beautiful presentation and beats foil or a fish basket.

I'll see if I can't get some pics next time we do this.  Mom's favorite!

--- End quote ---

That sounds pretty good !

WS

clearwaterice:
Hello fellow spudheads. I just found this site. I enjoy all of your recipes. I usually swing flies for steelies all winter but I've got a great urge to get back on the ice. Winchester is the target next week. It's a trout tourney but I would not mind being a successful perchjerker and bring home a mess of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

badger132:
We make fish tacos:

Filet and deep fry your perch as you like.

Warm up your favorite tortillas in the microwave (Fresh corn is the best if you ask me)

Prepare Chiptle mayo with Mayo,canned  chipotle (If you don't know how hot a chipotle is, use part of 1 pepper to start. A can is enough to kill a guy)

Dress angel hair shredded cabbage with chipotle mayo.

Make a taco with 1-2 filets, chiptotle cabbage, and a squeeze of lime  lime, Add salsa, hot sauce etc. to taste.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version