Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Yesterdays Rain and 40 degrees  (Read 1212 times)

Offline DustBorne

• IceShanty Rookie
Yesterdays Rain and 40 degrees
« on: Dec 28, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Can anyone give me some insight on how much the rain and 40 degree weather would have affected ice in Northern Iowa. We had 6-11 inches of ice on several lakes, but am worried to go out this weekend. Could that one day deteriorate the ice significantly, or since it cooled back down, would one day not affect much?

Thanks in advance.

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Yesterdays Rain and 40 degrees
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2018, 07:13 AM »
If you go out treat  it like last ice and just beware were you will be going. Go out with a friend and take all your safety equipment. :tipup:

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2018, 03:32 PM »
Can anyone give me some insight on how much the rain and 40 degree weather would have affected ice in Northern Iowa. We had 6-11 inches of ice on several lakes, but am worried to go out this weekend. Could that one day deteriorate the ice significantly, or since it cooled back down, would one day not affect much?

Thanks in advance.
Not much changed up here. The thing everyone needs to watch for is current areas and fresh froze over areas. 1.3" at least of rain here and barely any soaked in. Lots of open areas on lakes around me before the rain. My opinion only.

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2019, 10:13 AM »
cold today and then warm again, this is not good for the area

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.