Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Tight Lines Maquoketa river  (Read 1705 times)

Offline mzellner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Zeeman1
Tight Lines Maquoketa river
« on: Jan 21, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Been fishing the Maquoketa the last few days and let me tell you except for monday tight lines are the order of the day.  No gills plenty striper and crappie.  Good size also.  Almost a foot of ice in the Delhi area. This cold weather should help some southernm areas.  If anyone has fished McBride appreciate a report.  Luck to you all.

Zeeman

djs

Re:Tight Lines Maquoketa river
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:44 AM »
I have been fishing McBride a few times this winter. Many small bluegills and only a few crappies. I mostly fish area south of the powerlines - to the boat landing and south of the boat landing. You have to fish the brush piles to get any bites. Where are you fishing on the Maquoketa? I have never fished it before, I would like to try something new.
Been fishing the Maquoketa the last few days and let me tell you except for monday tight lines are the order of the day.  No gills plenty striper and crappie.  Good size also.  Almost a foot of ice in the Delhi area. This cold weather should help some southernm areas.  If anyone has fished McBride appreciate a report.  Luck to you all.

Zeeman

Offline mzellner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Zeeman1
Re:Tight Lines Maquoketa river
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2004, 08:53 AM »
Fished the cave area around Lake Delhi and the Campo area.  Was great this last weekend.  Sorry no response net has been  down.  Last Sunday had Crappies and Stripers.  Both decent size fish not a whole lot but enough to fill a bag.  Zeeman  :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.