Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Navionics Hot Maps Premium '07- Accuracy??  (Read 2216 times)

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Navionics Hot Maps Premium '07- Accuracy??
« on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:46 PM »
 I have a Lowrance iFinder H2O with the Navionics Hot Maps Premium '07 North Region. Having trouble with it's accuracy, for example: will be at boat ramp and it is showing  my position 1" into lake map or 50-75 yds. from shore and shows my position as being on shoreline. Also unable to locate structure marked on map. Map Datum is set on WGS84. Just wondering if anybody out there uses Navionics Maps with better success or any suggestions?

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Navionics Hot Maps Premium '07- Accuracy??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Depends where you are I have had some issues here in Iowa on the mississippi not happy with mine I will be changing to a different source real soon. I am getting Lake master it has better detail I was told its about 3 or 4 times better detail but if you fish several states its not worth it lake master runs about $75.00 but only covers 1 state I am buying chips for Iowa Wisconsin and Illinois because accuracy is worth it for me I didn't spend $300 on the ifinder expedition for it to be 20 feet off at times. check out a forum I found here http://wi.lake-link.com/boards/forums/viewposts.cfm?Thread_ID=60969

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:03 PM »
I just seen there is no chips for Iowa or illinois so cant help on Iowa unless they have the chip for a lake in Iowa with lake master I think in my opinion lake master is the only accurate one out there that I know of.

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Thanks for the web site it was helpful. Looks like I'll be waiting for Lakemaster to come up with an Iowa chip. Contacted Lowrance so you might find the following of interest:When the unit has acquired satellite positioning, this will appear on the Satellite Status page. If there is a 2D lock only, the inaccuracy will be about 200-300 feet. With a 3D acquistion, that will improve and with the addition of WAAS, the inaccuracy may be reduced to an average of 20 feet. This accuracy level can change with each satellite update (defaults to 1 every 3 seconds), as civilian GPS signals are variable and will not be "right on".
 That is from Lowrance Customer Service. I agree with you for the money spent on GPS and map chip you should be more accurate. I can look at paper lake map and get just as close to a location. Guess I'll be marking more ice fishing spots this year from boat.

Offline coketeck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:34 PM »
I also have the H2O in color. Love the handheld so bought the same chip. Got it home and it was blank! Cost me $10 to send to manufac and they in turn sent me new one. The accuracy is off when in 2D but much improves when in 3D. Have a friend that has 06 chip that is even futher off. Maybe the 08 will be better.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:51 PM »
I have an 06 and 07 Chip from Navionics and for my waters and those I have used the chips on find them highly accurate. For Iowa Navionics is the only choice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.