Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Idiot in the F150 on 12 Mile today!?!?!?!?!  (Read 2404 times)

Offline vexNclam

• IceShanty Rookie
Idiot in the F150 on 12 Mile today!?!?!?!?!
« on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Anyone else on 12 Mile today see the idiot in the charcoal F150 crew cab? We had two shacks set up north of the middle boat ramp on the west side and this idiot come flying by (and i mean 30-40mph within 10ft of us) and ran over 2 tip ups that were set and my brand new minnow bucket. The lid has never been flipped on my shack so fast! Scared my 10 year old to death!! Did not get a licence plate number but there can't be that many F150's running around with that same Harley sticker in the window. I called the sheriff but that was like pissing in the wind. I really hope to come across them again so I can get my $130 worth of gear back out of them!! Sorry for the rant but some people are just plain STUPID!! Hope it was none of you guys. Oh and on a side note. The crappies were on it today and 3 smaller eyes.
Ice em and slice em!

Offline sparkee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Idiot in the F150 on 12 Mile today!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:27 AM »
Sorry to hear that,figured the miles would be busy with the forcast.I've been saving some ponds for just such an occasion! Bite there was good but fish were moving, Vex would light up for about a minute or two & they would bite & then on to another hole. I think my public water fishing will be during the week & private waters on the weekend from here on out---stay safe & good luck

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Always nice to have brainiacs doing things like that. Last year on the Pentenwell flowage we had a guy drive in between us and an ice heave (30' between my shack and the heave) doing about 50 the water shot up our holes and scared the living bejesus out of us.Sometimes I guess it just takes a big accident or mishap to get them to actually use their brain. Sorry for your loss and hope you find the turd and get to confront him.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Man that's unbelievable !  Lucky for you it was only your tip ups and not you and your kid. 
Glad you made it out alive.  Take care hope you find the guy so you can give him a pcs of your mind. 

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Sounds like a Ford pickup owner:-D

Hope u catch em!

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Yeah a tin can dodge or Chevy never could gave reached those kind of speeds lol. Glad your safe .
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Hope the Dip gets whats coming to him.

Offline sir slabby sides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:37 PM »
glad your okay, i was down there friday (in my blue crew cab f150) and sat with my buddy, we didnt do so hot sat glad someone did all we caught were some decent perch, what part of the lake and what time did this happen, if i see the truck ill confront him as well

Offline vexNclam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Sounds like a Ford pickup owner:-D

Hope u catch em!

That is hilarious!! It was around 9:15. I was north of the Townline boat ramp. Im sure someone that ignorant will not be able to stay away this weekend. This time I will keep one eye on the vehicles. I was telling my wife when I got home, all it takes is one idiot like this to start ruining things for the rest of us. Probably one of those guys that leaves all their trash on the ice and in the parking lot.
Ice em and slice em!

Offline Bobber_Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Takes all kinds! ALL KINDS I just wrote a very similar post from Spirit Lake Saturday night. I DID get a plate number and look forward to talking to this guy in the future. Glad your both okay!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.