Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Crystal Cove-Sioux City  (Read 819 times)

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crystal Cove-Sioux City
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Wifey wants to do bit of shopping in the near future in SC.  I can usually fit the auger and a couple poles and a bait puck in the vehicle somewhere so the Wee One and I can sneak out to fish for an hour or two.

Anyone fished metro Sioux City area lately?

Was thinking Crystal Cove for ease of access and to get the Wee One a bite or two even if we toss them back.

Thanks ahead of time and good luck this weekend!

Offline tysontia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crystal Cove-Sioux City
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2013, 08:24 AM »
Crystal is in Nebraska, so you will need a NE lis.

They stock 4500 trout twice per year in there, so they are everywhere.

Bacon Creek is very easy to get into as well, many trout, 1500 twice per year, but a bigger stock than the NE DNR puts in Crystal.

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, I hit the IA board because I figured I would hit the odds of more folks from IA fishing it than NE.

Haven't known the fact of needing a NE license to stop anyone from fishing it in the past.  Lots of IA plates in the parking lot.  Have never been checked there either, not that I have fished it more than a couple times.

Didn't get there today anyway, but thanks for responding.

I do appreciate it.

Offline CC U

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:27 AM »
We have been catching our limit with every outing on Bacon Creek.  We not even ventured to the other side of the river yet this year.  For small kids, it is hard to not catch dink blue gill on Crystal Cove, which will make them happy.  One of my buddies, confirms that the Dink Blue Gills, are still in the same spot that you and I fished 2 years ago.

Good Luck

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Thanks, CC U.  Wifey isn't picky at all, but said in passing that if she had her choice bluegill taste better in the pan than the stocked trout so I have been examining other options so far.

The Wee One really enjoys catching those trout, and we might do some catch and release at CC yet.  They are fun.

A guy told me that last Sunday there must have been 100 people on the ice at CC.  Must have been a tourney or something?  Glad I missed that!

Good fishing!!

Offline CC U

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:57 PM »
The boys and I are tired of catching trout.  We have been going to bacon creek, and the fishing is best on the South End, 20 yards in front of the spill way.  The perch and crappies have been spotty.  We were thinking about Browns Lake or Snyder's bend on Sunday, or possibly Storm Lake.  Good luck to you as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.