Author Topic: Pickeral Question  (Read 1054 times)

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
Pickeral Question
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Ive been ice fishing for pickeral for awhile now need some input because my last outing was weird i went out on a pond where i usual slay pickeral 20-24 inch all day long i placed my tip ups from 6-20 feet of water where in the summer is a pretty thick weed bed and only came out with 4 ranging from 10-16 inches am i fishing them wrong this early in the season placed minnow in the usual 1-2 feet beneith ice it was very disapointing none the less.

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
Re: Pickeral Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Cant help w/ your question, just nice to see someone else who enjoys fishin pickerel! Good luck!  :tipup:
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 03:42 PM »
yup wicked fun fish and there really good fighters :tipup:

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Some types of weeds die off a little at the end of the summer season, most likely resulting in decreased O2 levels. The fish may have moved out of this area if thats the case.

On the other hand, there are other weeds that thirve in winter, and attact fish. I have a similar spot that low quality weeds, and the fish are rarely there this time of year. Try setting up on the outsides of the beds and see if that helps.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:05 PM »
will do thanks for the advice  :tipup:

Offline orange pants

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:00 PM »
I catch many pickerel while tip up fishing for bass with the minnow about 12 to 16 inches off the bottom or off the top of the weeds.In the lake I fish most of the bigger ones are in 8 to 14 feet of water.Catch them this way all ice season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.