The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: north pond in smithfield  (Read 927 times)

Offline jigmaster22

• IceShanty Rookie
north pond in smithfield
« on: Jan 28, 2008, 02:01 PM »
hi new to the site, and am going up to north pond for the weekend to fish north pond in smithfield for northerns.  Does anyone have any information about the pond or how the fishing has been?

Offline bbpinecone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: north pond in smithfield
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I've only fished it once so far this winter and took a skunk.  :-\  Pretty slow day!  Talked to someone else who's had some success and he told me the pike seem to be taking smaller shiners over all the big stuff (suckers, big shiners, river smelts, etc.).  Beats me - maybe someone else that has fished there recently can offer you better advice.  Good luck this weekend!    :tipup:

North Pond Info: http://www.pearl.maine.edu/Lake2.asp?Watercode=5344

PS - Welcome to the shanty!

rude the dude

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:52 PM »
My advice would be go some where else. :D

Offline Cool Blue

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Winter Time, Good times!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:06 PM »
I fish out there. No luck yet, but my friend has caught a few good ones so far. What part of the lake you fishing?

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:32 PM »
thinking about the north end out from the stream

I've fished North Pond extensively for many years. Very slow fishing most everywhere on the lake.
Your best bet is the south end of the lake in front of the stream and Pine Tree Camp. The other spot I would strongly suggest is fishing Little North ( just west of Pine Tree Camp, a couple hundred yards or so). The action is much faster and there are many more species to catch, white perch, crappie, bass, and pike. Good luck
                                                                                                                                           Dennis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.