Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Hole wont freeze up! I hope

(1/6) > >>

Mainehazmt:
Has anybody used the item called hot ring? supposed to keep your hole from freezing ?

If not Ill be the first one to give a  review of them this year   I bought a set of 8" ones

archbishop:

--- Quote from: Mainehazmt on Sep 05, 2006, 12:40 PM ---Has anybody used the item called hot ring? supposed to keep your hole from freezing ?

If not Ill be the first one to give a  review of them this year   I bought a set of 8" ones

--- End quote ---

how do they work? its kind of a weird shap, do you set them over or under your tip ups, and how long do they last?i personally wouldnt use them, i like getting up and walking around when the bite is slow and cleaning my holes and checking my bait :tipup:

Mainehazmt:
I take it you hook them to a 12 vt battery and put them in the hole with the tip up   I usually dont mind checking the tip ups    but  mostly insurance  for night time when ya might fall asleep lol after partaking in a day of festivities in the shack  Lost 2 laker traps last year to freezing in and 2 to an idiot driver at 2 in the am that saw a light on in my shack (not far from a bar on long lake)

archbishop:
thats a good point, i guess i have just never fished over night, that would be a good ideaq, but it seems like alot of weight to be carying those, extra batteries ??? plus, do you have to leave them conected to the battery, or just charge them ??? and do you have to be careful they dont melt right down into the water ???

perchnut:
those look like some of the 'items' i get spam emailed to me from some of those 'adult toy sites'... ;)

Im hoping to get into some heavy night time fishing this year....let us know how they work....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version