The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pewaukee ice???  (Read 753 times)

Offline drewthehoosier

• IceShanty Rookie
Pewaukee ice???
« on: Dec 27, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Curious is to if anyone knows the ice conditions?

Offline Flat Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pewaukee ice???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Heard reports of someone going in yesterday.
Lets go get em

Offline ChadLeton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2018, 05:09 PM »
As of today 12/27 I would simply avoid accessing on the west end/public launch as the heave at the bottom of the launch and along the docking sea walls is junk. That's where two guys went in to their waists simply by stepping on the ice there. Misleading as there were guys fishing yesterday afternoon near the condos but they had access from north shore homestead.

East side last night had 3-5" everywhere. Mike Koepp was out scouting on ATV and there were two other quads on the ice just north west of Wilson's Island. There are a few pressure cracks branching off the island and one in particular that runs Northeast off Wilson's where one hit with my spud in the crack went through. Avoided that area slightly and was still able to get where I needed too. Between AM and PM trips I noticed ice boat tracks had gone over this exact spud area and he did so just fine BUT with rain and wind I think these cracks will spread and perhaps even open. The wind during last nights trip ate all the snow and black ice made creepers necessary to get off the ice. The rain today will certainly make travel difficult on foot (slippery).

I'm personally waiting to go back out until next Wednesday/Thursday after the single digits firm everything back up.

In my opinion any ice access before the New Year is always a bonus so it's never worth pushing it especially if you're not on (or at the very least) keeping track of changes daily.

Stay safe and good luck. FYI there's fish to be had but you're not missing too much out there. Had a kid out there and we got on a window of perch and walleye but was short lived.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:53 AM »
I talked to guys while fishing Vilas last week that said they were fishing the east end by Smokies on Christmas eve, the west end was a death trap.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.