The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hartland area  (Read 3498 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Hartland area
« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2018, 07:05 PM »
Esox-Will be in contact when the ice starts, hoping it's sooner than later.

Awesome Dale! I'm heading up for the deer hunt Sunday. Layover @ Three Lakes and head up to the Island early Tuesday. Coming back Wednesday but have to go back to Three Lakes for the 27th. If there's ice there I'll probably hang a few days, just because.

I plan on doing plenty of fishing down here this year. Haven't been able to do that for a number of years so really looking forward to it!

C'mon iiiiiiiiiiiice!  :icefish:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline markrazzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2018, 04:55 AM »
Esox, we may have crossed paths a little bit, although I tend to fish from Pike Lake and north into the Kettle Moraine lakes. Although, I'm primarily gills or eyes during the winter. I live in Jackson.

There are actually a few pretty big pike in the harbor... And by big, I mean FAT! (See pic). I caught this guy on my brown setup (either 6 or 8 lb fluoro leader, can't remember). I snapped off a really nice one on an auto after a long fight so all I've got of that one is a pic of me fighting it with Milwaukee in the background. There's some really big ones pulled in every year, but not a ton around.

Washington Co. is just across the road from me. Lessee, Pike, Freiss, Keesus, Lake Five, Druid, the Cedars plus all the "potholes". Big Cedar has always drawn me but I like pike. Just don't know enough to go prospect thru the ice. I should go now in the boat and have a looksee.

Speaking of pike, any good in the Harbor or is that a different time or place?

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Dale! Welcome to God's Country! I really don't care if you're a Bears fan that, at least, would be tolerable. ViQueens? Sorry, that becomes a deal breaker right there.  :P

Seriously. PM me let's go when the water gets hard. Good stuff around town. Bay 5 on Okauchee early ice for keeper/eater pike and gills till late season, Fowler for hammer handle pike with a few better ones mixed in plus nice average size gills. LaBelle? Pretty much C&R but still lots of fun if you want to just do some catching.

Some sleepers in the area but not here and not now...  @)

C'mon iiiiiiiiice!
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. I'd love to fish with you "natives". I'd even consider driving out to do that.
GO PACK GO
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.