Author Topic: .  (Read 1817 times)

Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:37 PM »

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 I fish them in about 30-40 fow with a big  piece of cut sucker or smelt on the bottom. Bottom is mostly sand and gravel from what i can guess, and i catch most of them at mouths of  deep coves/harbors and off a big island in the middle of the lake. Night is the best time. Hope this helps
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline zack64

• IceShanty Rookie
The best method i've found is to fish them around midnight in 30' of water that is close to deeper water.  For bait my favorite is clear rubber fish jigs(the kind with the jig inside them) with a small glowstick shoved into them jigged right on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
river ice is never safe, i broke through in march, just be extra careful when looking for new spots...I got to hit the tanana thanksgiving weekend, there was about 3 feet of ice where i went that day. anyhow...target burbot at night.  lakes: in basins and off underwater points...i'd recomend 20' when they are feeding at night.  rivers: deepest holes that you can find with no frazil ice and minimal current.  good luck finding that! for safety and success it helps to check the ice in the fall and know the river pattern...the river water level falls in the winter so it doesn't shift much after freeze up.  there are always open spots on the tanana and chena don't let them scare you but be careful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.