Author Topic: Poutfest 09  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Poutfest 09
« Reply #30 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Ok so who won this year ?
Hard Ice

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 23, 2009, 08:48 AM »
It was good to meet you Friday.  I unfortunately got SKUNKED!  So didnt show up for the awards to see who won and how many caught.  All we caught were roughfish ( Jumbo perch and walleyes).  Had found a nice school of Jumbos Sunday am and couldnt leave for the awards.  Fishwiz said he was going hopefully he will report in.  Did your friends at Templar point do any good?

Offline carper34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I only angle through ice
« Reply #32 on: Feb 23, 2009, 11:02 AM »
had trouble keeping trash fish off my line as well (damn walleyes) but i was still able to be dissapointed when they drew names. landed a 5.17 lb pout that won me nothing but dinner

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2009, 04:41 PM »
so.... we had a great time, but got skunked too.  i got a pout on thursday night tho.

i dont remember the name of the winner (im sure it is posted on the poutfest site or will be soon).  there were over 500 fish caught, and as expected, Floyd's barber shop team won it again (I think this was their 20th time).  does anyone know where they fish?

I told my team, and a few others that i though crayfish were the bait of choice after disecting a couple hundred pout in one of my classes (from the past few years of poutfest), but they did not work for me.  we disected another 75 fish that were collected from this year's tourny and only a few of them had crayfish in them.  actually most of their bellies were empty.  the only thing that was common, was ALOT of HUGE tapeworms.  that was interesting.

hope everyone there had a fun time.

fishwiz
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Results are posted on the Eelpout page.  Looks like Im not the only one with NO POUT! Only 371 pout caught. 1987 and 2004 they caught almost 1400 pout each year.
Winner Jody Smith 10.52lbs

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2009, 08:39 PM »
hmmmm.  I dont remember the exact # they said at the award ceremony but i know it was in the 500's.  I wonder who made that mistake.  anyways....i knwo that almost everyone that i talked to didnt catch a single pout, so i am not surprised to see the number of pout caught come in so low.  i hope next year is a little better.

eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Fishwiz, got the Walker Pilot newspaper today... they confirmed your number of 558 Eelpout caught...... I liked the lower number on [url][http://www.eelpoutfestival.com/results09.html/url]
Made me feel better about getting Skunked!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.