Author Topic: Eskimo Quick fish 3 issues  (Read 476 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Quick fish 3 issues
« on: Jan 20, 2019, 10:52 PM »
Anyone have issues with the hubs on the Eskimo QF3 not sewn in the middle? I have returned 2 new ones already? I want it for spearing I have the Otter cabin but not sure it's dark enough? Has Eskimo's quality slipped? The hubs should be bolted to the middle of the tent they are not, one is not even sewn on the reflective center. It will rub into the fabric fast and the poles are all twisted in the inside? I can return it but 2 of them the same already? I like the otter seems dark enough but don't want to loose fish and not know it. Really bummed thanks I almost almost that is almost thought of a Clam ;D but I want the velcro windows.

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Eskimo Quick fish 3 issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:39 PM »
The qf 3 has lasted us ok.  We are happy with it.   Yes we now have the poles occasional setting in a curved pattern. We also tore 6 inches 
of one zipper free.  The sprayed on black lining on the inside cracked after about 3 years so not even close to woaterproof now.  The clear plastic windows are not clear anymore.   

It took me twenty  minutes to resew the zipper portion that failed.   If we need to look out the window , we just open the window and re shut it. 

Even with these issues , I am happy with the product.   It is 12 years old.  It has been set well over 100 times.   It was on the lower end of price compared to other manufactures when we got it. 

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo Quick fish 3 issues
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:58 PM »
I got ahold of Eskimo they are going to send me another. I just cant believe out of 2 houses they were the same and no one else has this issue? it was very obvious I have the insulated version.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.