Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers
New Jiffy engines: Why no reviews?
<< < (7/13) > >>
Skipper:
It does not look any more difficult to start than your garden variety piece of power equipment to me...

They do warn you about being gentile with the recoil though, I guess some things remain the same from the Tecumseh engine. ::)

My Echo Kioritz chainsaw sounds like a toy too, but it will really rip stuff up!
TIBS:

--- Quote from: Skipper on Nov 14, 2009, 03:41 PM ---My Echo Kioritz chainsaw sounds like a toy too, but it will really rip stuff up!

--- End quote ---

As will the echo kioritz in any of their equipment.  I have a echo weed trimmer, it's unreal how much torque that little engine has, it wants to spin out of my hand when I hit the throttle.
WYIfish:

--- Quote from: Byron/PA on Nov 14, 2009, 08:31 AM ---What he said. I got a new STX PROII, still in the box so I can't leave an honest review, BUT I know that in the unlikely event of a problem, Jiffy will take care of it.

--- End quote ---
Yes, what he said two....I will have my own STX PRO II in seven days in a box of my own.  It wasn't even in the store yet here in WY.  Special order. Same price as last years STX PRO, liked that.
I am excited to see how it performs at 6,000 foot elevation and against the 20 year old jiffy that still runs very well.
With the new clutch and cutting blades, it will be a fun comparison. The promo notes "more horsepower" and 15% faster hole cutting.   We shall see.  Vroom~vroom~
Skipper:
I was wrong about the gear cases. The 2500 models are still metal, only the 3500 models are the plastic.
dkfry:
The gearbox cases are probably filled plastic with a fairly thick wall so I don't think they are anything to worry about. If Jiffy found a good engine maker over in China the motor should be no problem. Some companies started out in say Japan and built a new factory over in China just for the labor costs. This is OK if they set up the factory and have the same quality control as the Japan plants. Zenoah, Yamaha, Onan and many others have done this. I would prefer they stay in Japan and I think going to China is going to be a big mistake in the future as China grows but we will see.

Kioritz/Echo has always had a very good cylinder plating and rotating assembly. I have some newer Echos and older Echos. Only issues with the new echos is with the carburation, but thats with all the manufacturers nowdays. A little 2 stroke motor can make a lot of power, its all in the porting, carburation and exhaust. I have 2 - 30cc Homelites that make over 2 1/4hp at 13k rpm and retains the stock torque numbers. Stock it made a hair over 1hp and didn't spin over 9k rpm. There are 26cc motors out there making over 7hp and spinning over 20krpm under load.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version