Author Topic: alarm or buzzer for tipup  (Read 2903 times)

Offline snotsickles08

• IceShanty Rookie
alarm or buzzer for tipup
« on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:02 PM »
I do have a window alarm rigged up for my ht square style tipup. when the flag goes up the magnet release from the buzzer and it goes off. I was just curious if someone had rigged something up that alerts them to a flag inside there hut without having to look out the window every 10 seconds? something you could stick in your pocket that buzzes or in your hut that will alert you as soon as the flag goes up? I appreciate any info or pics.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: alarm or buzzer for tipup
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2016, 03:51 PM »
check out strike sensor.its an alarm that hooks to the flag on the trap and has a pager that goes in your pocket that beeps  when you have a flag up.great at night or in your shack / cottage and and I it works up to 600 ft away. expensive though.i had 2 of them in my drinking days when I didnt check my tipups very often but now I keep an eagle eye out for a flag up now that I put the bottle away.haha

Offline DEEP FREEZE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Hey there, this is Brad Zdroik from Deep Freeze.  We make exactly what you're looking for; BlueTipz.  It's a tip-up alarm that is sent to your smartphone, or to the optional BlueTipz Receiver.  You can learn more at www.DeepFreezeFishing. com.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2016, 10:16 AM »
I have an old Strike Sensor that still works, I think it's about 10 years old.  I did pick up one of the BlueTipz this year, with the receiver.  I tested it out this last weekend and I couldn't get the alarm to play on my smartphone. Whenever I went into settings and tested the alarm tone, I'd receive an error that the application stopped working.  I cold booted my smartphone and it still wouldn't work.  But it had worked fine when I picked up the unit 3 weeks ago.  I got an update for the app yesterday and the audible alarm is working again.

I didn't get any flags while I was fishing to test out the range.  I was sitting in my truck and wondering how the signal would be.  I had the receiver sitting on my dash as well.  I'll be using it again in the next few weeks and if it works to my satisfaction I'll probably pick up a second one.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline DEEP FREEZE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2016, 12:47 PM »
I have an old Strike Sensor that still works, I think it's about 10 years old.  I did pick up one of the BlueTipz this year, with the receiver.  I tested it out this last weekend and I couldn't get the alarm to play on my smartphone. Whenever I went into settings and tested the alarm tone, I'd receive an error that the application stopped working.  I cold booted my smartphone and it still wouldn't work.  But it had worked fine when I picked up the unit 3 weeks ago.  I got an update for the app yesterday and the audible alarm is working again.

I didn't get any flags while I was fishing to test out the range.  I was sitting in my truck and wondering how the signal would be.  I had the receiver sitting on my dash as well.  I'll be using it again in the next few weeks and if it works to my satisfaction I'll probably pick up a second one.
Let me know if you have any questions.  You might want to check out the following videos:

Offline snotsickles08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2016, 01:34 PM »
the deep freeze works off of Bluetooth right? I was just curious because sometimes the cell phone signal is non existant

Offline DEEP FREEZE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2016, 03:24 PM »
the deep freeze works off of Bluetooth right? I was just curious because sometimes the cell phone signal is non existant
Correct, it works off Bluetooth, so you don't need any Network reception.  You can actually use it in Airplane Mode if you'd like.

Offline snotsickles08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2016, 01:39 PM »
ok thanks!! I may have to look into getting one!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.