Author Topic: Anyone own a Magnetic HT Polar tip up? Questions...  (Read 1300 times)

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone own a Magnetic HT Polar tip up? Questions...
« on: Dec 20, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Hello,

I just ordered a Magnum Magnetic tip up thru Fish USA.  I received it this morning, and it apparently is not working.  When aligning the magnet with the body, it will not hold down the flag.  I spent about 30 minutes, re-reading the instructions and realigning the spool -- still will not hold it down.

They are sending out a replacement, but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen?  There are only a few adjustments that can be made, so I am a bit perplexed.

In all honesty, in looking at it, I would not have bought it if I had been able to handle it prior to purchase..

Input appreciated.

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone own a Magnetic HT Polar tip up? Questions...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2013, 12:57 PM »
make sure both the reel and flag metal is clean. I got one that had glue on flag end.

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:18 PM »
The spool stud is in a slot. Loosen the knurled hand nut on the back side (not the front drag nut) and slide the whole spool up so the magnet is very close to the tube end.
It should now work. Adjust accordingly.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2013, 07:24 PM »
 i have three and love them.  seem a little gimmicky but they're cheap so if you break one just replace it.  super adjustable to suit any sort of bait or bite.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2013, 12:47 AM »
Did the up/down adjustment this morning, prior to calling Fishusa.   It didn't make a difference....

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:55 AM »
 there really isn't anything to these things...pull the pop tube out, should be a magnet on the bottom of that.  look at the spool, there will be a magnet on that.  line em up and presto.  if magnets are missing then just glue some in and you've got yourself two tipups for the price of one.  good luck.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Yes, I realize there isn't much to them.  It has nothing to do with the magnet, or the alignment of the spool.

I think I solved the problem.  I started yanking the flag up/down relatively forcibly.  I am thinking there might have been some 'crud' on the bottom of the flag, that was knocked loose while doing so.  After a dozen yanks, it now seems to be working fine.

Now the conundrum.  Fishusa already shipped out a free replacement yesterday.  I am wondering how to handle this.  Obviously the right thing to do is just ship it back to them, when it arrives.  I wonder if I can get them to ship me a mailing label...

there really isn't anything to these things...pull the pop tube out, should be a magnet on the bottom of that.  look at the spool, there will be a magnet on that.  line em up and presto.  if magnets are missing then just glue some in and you've got yourself two tipups for the price of one.  good luck.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2013, 07:37 PM »
do they want the broken one back if they do they will most likely cover the shipping cost,if not keep it after all it didnt work like it was suposed to out of the box and you had to fix it,I would keep it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.