The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: wrights fishing derby  (Read 6846 times)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: wrights fishing derby
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:48 AM »
Fished the NEK last year and thought the story of that fish coming in sunday night was awfully suspicious.  I mean if I caught a fish I would want it weighed sooner rather than later to get the maximum weight on the scale.  This years derby winner has probably already come through the ice if it is anything like last year.
      VERY SAD IF TRUE !

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:05 AM »
I am reading from the Story, of last years Derby, that was in our local Newspaper.  It states in it that Mr. Creaser and Mr. Williams, along with ice fishing partner Dan Darling, all of St. Johnsbury, wrangled the big trout on Saturday after a half-hour-long battle. 

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:42 PM »
This Individual could of put this laker in the Laker Category, but wouldn't make the $1,000.00.  He could of either put it into the Laker Category, or the Lunker pool.  Not both.  You had to pay, a extra $5.00, before the Tournament to be eligible for the Lunker pool.  If he had, put this fish in the Laker Category,  he would of only got, $300.00, plus, if he reported it in on Thursday or Friday, during the tournament, he also could of won another $75.00, for his Fish Category, on those two days.  2nd Place Winners in each Category of fish, would win a 25.00 gift certificate to Wrights Enterprises, during Thursday and Friday.  So, a large difference ;D in payout, for this fish.  Hope this helps.
I think landshark  understands, what he's trying to say is cut out the declare part. If you paid the $5 lunker fee and you have biggest fish you win.Then you can weigh your fish in the day you catch it and don't have to hang around and play games late sunday after 4 hard days of fishing and possibly a long ride home. Then the next 3 fish in that category move up a rung. Simple solution. Most people probably don't care about the final weigh in theater.

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:31 PM »
 first off there is walleye in ip .. second of all the wrights tourney is  awesome  and 3rd of all aint we all just out trying to have fun its a dang tournament who ever wins it wins it but for me its the enjoyment i get from being out on the lakes........ and if all pple think of is money i feel sorry for u!
aka halfrack23 willoughby lake

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Ty Creaser used to be a marine bioligst so he knos how to catch alot of fish i have seen it on seymore multiple times so it isnt like it was a fluke thing he normally puts decent fish on the ice year after year

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I knew Ty when he worked for Vt F+G-honest enough to win any tourney fair and square.

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:03 PM »
I knew Ty when he worked for Vt F+G-honest enough to win any tourney fair and square.
x2

Offline Weedmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Ty Creaser used to be a marine bioligst so he knos how to catch alot of fish i have seen it on seymore multiple times so it isnt like it was a fluke thing he normally puts decent fish on the ice year after year
So if it is set up like I said he gets to weigh it in on the day he caught it and wouldn't have to play the "waiting game" (his own words) and neither would anyone else. Just looks better that way. Pretty simple.

Offline TroutKiller99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:51 PM »
this is very bad news. i was going to try for a very large waterwolf in the nek.

Offline Magog Landshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:24 PM »
That was my point weedmaster.  Having to pick one or the other category contributes to guys sitting on fish they caught on Thursday or Friday and the eleventh hour line out the door " making a decision/waiting game".  Though I imagine if you've got a good fish your hanging out late on Sunday anyway.

And I agree with Trout Slayer.  This tourney is an excellent event for the NEK and I'm glad Ron and his family take the time to put it on.  Not able to go this year as I will be in Florida but I'm already planning for next year.
Farewell and adieu, to you fair spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've just received orders, for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore, shall we see you again.
-Quint

Offline Percheye101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:36 PM »
So, you say Island Pond has Walleye in it?  Uh, as it doesn't state that in the Vermont Fish and Game law and guide book?

I was told that Island Pond was a sleeper lake for HUGE walleye!! :o

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2011, 04:22 AM »
I was told that Island Pond was a sleeper lake for HUGE walleye!! :o
  it has some dandys in it along with some beautiful browns

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.