• Swamp Yankee
Re: F&W Dept. still looking for pike age information
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:30 AM »
I will try and get you a few this year

Offline sethab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:54 AM »
i like what your trying to do Shawn but i have a hard time helping out when i haven't ever got any info back from the f&w. example i never get any info back when i take the time to send teeth from my deer in for ageing. and also my son caught a 25 + pound er in 2007 the fish went to Eric Erickson for taxidermy he cut the bone out and sent it in. I asked to make sure if he did i got some info back, if i allowed it, and he said he would make sure you knew i would like to know about it and i never heard anything. makes it very dis-courageing to help the state out.

sorry but that's how it is

Offline VTPikeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Wow ! I remember seeing the pics of that monster fish,what a Hog ! ! It's pretty impressive when you think about how small Emerald lake is. Although I haven't had the chance to icefish it personally,I have seen plenty of big pike photo's from Emerald. It produces as many 15+lb pike as lakes 5 times it size!! The trout stocking must be the perfect feed ! Have they opened the state park or do you still park in that giant rest area right off rt.7 ? It's about as easy access as you could ask for that's for sure.Being only a 20-25minute drive from rutland,it's well worth a try.

Offline VTtrophychaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Like Big Fish
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:14 PM »
i have heard about this emerald lake, is it worth a try? can a true monster come out of there? if so maybe ill give it a try...
My dream is clear, it involves fishin' n beer

Offline sethab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2010, 11:46 PM »
hey shawn thanks for the info it's nice to atleast know whats going on with it. all that info of the fish can be found on the vermont record fish page it was caught on Glen lake and i believe it was march 10th 2007. But i have also had people tell me that it was caught on emerald lake , and lake st. catherine, and hortonia, and bomo, but you know how that goes. If my son wasn't the one that had caught it, then it would have went back in the hole anyway. I still have a guilty feeling about keeping it. for a fish that size to live that many years is amazing in a time when everyone out there that catches a 15 lbs + pike think they need to keep and bring it to the bait shop to have there pic posted with the 100s of others that are allready there. Trophychaser can relate when i say the next one i KEEP WILL be over 30. I wish we had a scale with us this last saturday on champlain because my buddy caught the longest pike i have ever seen in person 49" if i can get the pic from him i will post it soon. it wasn't very fat but it was long i am guessing it was a male i assume the females eggs are not all the way developed yet but i figured they still would show a little.

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:35 PM »
id like to see that pic

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Google it rich. It was in the paper. The kid had a huge smile. It was a gator. But the next one I keep will be the state record. We sit for hours with zero flags for that one moment.get ready its coming kid.

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:45 PM »
But I wud like to see a pic of one 49 inch. That's huge

Offline sethab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2010, 12:21 AM »
the only pics he has we took with his cell phone when he figure out how to put the pic on his computer then i will post. like i said very long but not real fat

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2010, 06:47 AM »
go down to the cell phone place and get a usb adapter cord. plug that sob right into the computer and were good to go my friend.

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:51 AM »
bump
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:00 AM »
the only pics he has we took with his cell phone when he figure out how to put the pic on his computer then i will post. like i said very long but not real fat

He should be able to "text" pics to anyone's email address...and Wa-laaa
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline iceman55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Who cares about pike I can catch them all day a lot of us want walleyes. As far as pike catching alot of 2 to 3 lbers on champlain, I waste more tackel on them, some times 10 to 15 a day   >:( PS I bet I get some comments on this one LOL!!!

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:54 AM »
What is all the interest in catching Walleye?  I've never caught one, so I am clueless.  I've caught a few pike, and have enjoyed the fight.  I think my husband caught a walleye but that was way before I got into fishing with him. 

The Hortonia, Bomo, Glen are seem to produce some big pike.  I lost more that I cought this past summer...although I did catch my first salmon.  It weighed 4 lbs, and I caught it from the shore.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:56 AM »
What is all the interest in catching Walleye? 
Eat one and get back to me

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Okey doke, I will try! 

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:11 PM »
hey bio thats pretty cool but we don't kill are pike! any game fish is worth catching more than once. an old bass proverb but it works! we caught a 19lb 10oz monster 2 years ago and she was really pregnant, so a couple of pics and back down the hole she went. we harvest walleye,perch and gills for the table, we let all are pike go and we do catch a lot of them. webster2 walleye is by far the finest eating freshwater fish there is!!!!!!!!

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:47 PM »
are you looking for any size in particular or just all pike

Offline iceman55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:46 PM »
hey bio thats pretty cool but we don't kill are pike! any game fish is worth catching more than once. an old bass proverb but it works! we caught a 19lb 10oz monster 2 years ago and she was really pregnant, so a couple of pics and back down the hole she went. we harvest walleye,perch and gills for the table, we let all are pike go and we do catch a lot of them. webster2 walleye is by far the finest eating freshwater fish there is!!!!!!!!
;D

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Iceman 55, I wouldn't know!  Hopefully that will change very soon!  Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.