The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Tom's Bait And Tackle  (Read 68188 times)

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
Re: Tom's Bait And Tackle
« Reply #60 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Bill, thank you for everything this season!!

Offline Mosdad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Belated Thanks to Bill and Tom for chisel, bait, and a lot of advice about Westford ponds last season!  Hope to see you again this year.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 04, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Hi All, the season coming quick. Will have 3or4 sizes this year with the new tank, plus all the normal gear. Soon as we get good ice the hours will be  Monday thur Thursday 6-4  Friday 6-5  Saturday and Sunday 6-12 Can call 978-692-3424 or 978-935-8013.
Proudly A Member of G.O.D.S.   More Meds Please

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:06 PM »
With bait in our tanks the shop will be ready for the coming cold spell, hopefully the trend will last till march. The lakes and ponds are iced over but I'm not sure on the thickness.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 31, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Toms Bait will be open New Years Day 6-12, Happy New Years

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 01, 2018, 03:52 PM »
thanks for sponcering  @)

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:46 PM »

Hi all, even with the cold and snow the show goes on . If by chance you come to the shop and I'm not there call 978-935-8013, go next door get a coffee and I'll be there. Thanks to all and stay warm.  Bill

Offline fishingbum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Great bait! So many shops don't know how or simply don't take care of their bait well. Nice find. Worth the trip!

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:32 PM »
  Tom's Bait and  Tackle have the bait tanks stocked with heavy med and med shiners, along with meal worms and mouses .
  Weekend hours 6-12  Sat and Sun. Also a good line of jigs.

Offline largemouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Any suckers or BIG pike shiners available?

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Largemouth ,sent you a pm

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Bill, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago.
                            BJ

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Tom's Bait is well stocked  with shiners and all your needs for ice fishing . Ice has been a little thin around here , but it's coming now. For anyone headed to the west or north were one mile from rt 3 off exit 33 toward Westford. Monday -Thursday 6-4  Friday 6-5  Saturday & Sunday 6-12.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 18, 2019, 07:00 AM »
Sent you a PM Bill. I will see you next Thursday around 3:00 for the 10 dozen we need for the weekend.
                                                       BJ

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #74 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Bill is down to Disney this week playing with Mickey and Minnie, so anybody that comes in tomorrow from noon to 5 will have the privilege of seeng me. ;D ;D
I do autographs on occasions like this. ;D ;D   Hope to see you tomorrow.
 They will also be open on Saturday and Sunday normal hours 
MA

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 01, 2019, 07:58 PM »
Thank you everybody that came in today He appreciates your support.  Good luck tomorrow. :tipup: :tipup:
MA

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Like to thank Jigger for the stand in last Friday. Didn't hear of him running anyone off  :), he's a great guy,
The shop is open 6-4 Monday - Thursday  6-5 Friday  6-12 Sat& Sun. Plenty of Bait small, medium, and heavy medium. The heavy's are just that. Get though this couple days of heat and will be good for a while. hope to see you.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Any one know what the winning fish were for the Longsoughtfor Derby. It was a very busy day and didn't make it down there. Did hear a catfish won odd spieces. Thanks Bill

Offline Robobvious

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 21, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Thanks for sponsoring! Any idea of ice conditions for this coming weekend in your area?I was thinking of trying to get on ice in the Arlington/Medford area this Saturday.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 22, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Thanks for sponsoring! Any idea of ice conditions for this coming weekend in your area?I was thinking of trying to get on ice in the Arlington/Medford area this Saturday.

The ice has been good in the Westford area.
I don't know about the Medford or Arlington area but always check the ice with a spud when venturing out.
MA

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 23, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Toms Bait in Westford will be offering shiners 7 days a week going into the summer months. Regular hours Monday-Thursday 6=4 and Friday 6-12. Now Friday afternoon and Saturday, Sunday there will be shiners, They will be in a cooler right by the door into the shop. These shiners will be changed out every day'.  There will be one size (Med $6 a doz) to start, must have correct bills. This is the honor system people, not a lot of money, but a chance to have live bait for you people. This will be starting March 29. So anyway were going to give this a try. Any one got any ideas feel free to voice it
Like to thank all the new and old faces that came in during this ice season, we had ups and downs this year, ice was in and out. Everyone made it safe I hope.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 18, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Hi to all, ice should be getting better in the next week after this little cold spell. The shop will be open on winter hours now . That being Monday - Thursday 6-4  Friday 6-5  Saturday and Sunday 6-12. We will continue with the honor system which will be out Friday night, Saturday and Sunday afternoons and night. That's medium shiners only outside. $6.00 doz , put in the red box by the office door. This worked really well this summer, thanks to the ones that took advantage.  In the bait room will have 3 sizes shiners, meal worms, spikes , trout worms, dillies,  ect.  We are pretty well stocked up with all your small hardware, all kinds hooks ,jigs ,scoops, ice cleats, traps ,line, you name it it's there or can be gotten.   Also Hand augers, Strike Master Mora Hand 2pc. 8 inch,  Nils Arctic Trekker Convertible hand auger or drill, Also a Nils 6 inch auger head. Jet sleds, and a  nice back pack basket.  You'll have to come check it out.  Office phone 978-6923424 open hours.  My cell 978-935-8013 when ever.  always check the ice we have spud bars.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 03, 2020, 08:02 AM »
fresh load of shiners in plus the cut baits

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:27 AM »
all stocked up with shiners 3 sizes, plus pike shiners.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Great to know that the place is always in good hands, whoever's they may be!

Hoping for some better ice soon, as the season has been spotty at best so far with little or no ice in eastern MA.
Long Sought had some workable ice along the west shores, but farther out it looked REAL sketchy.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline fishingeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Hoping for some better ice soon, as the season has been spotty at best so far with little or no ice in eastern MA.
Long Sought had some workable ice along the west shores, but farther out it looked REAL sketchy.

As of yesterday LSFP had 6"-7 inches on the Rt.40 side where the launch is. Solid 4" underneath 2-3" of white ice and snow. Past the point on the left and outwards it gets real iffy honeycombed ice 3-4". The middle parts had open water last Saturday and finally skimmed over.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Jan 29, 2020, 11:29 AM »
After this past weekend the ice will probably be shot until we get another deep freeze.

The season so far seems like, here in the eastern part of the state, it's better suited for open water fishing.

Unless you are willing (as I am) to drive north / west to find safe ice, it's going to be one heck of a short season!

I'm already starting to think about kayak season (I will be looking for a new ride come spring).

At least I've got a few weekend trips in store up to NH.....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Surprising that Long Sought for Pond had good ice, even after this past week's weather....
There were a number of anglers off the Rte. 40 side and no one near the Legion area.

I think I know why now, as my BIL and I were only able to jig up a few dinky perch.

I was shocked, since I had picked up a dozen excellent shiners from Tom's....I guess the fish were "staying home" Sunday as well.....

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 14, 2020, 11:19 AM »
With the changing (not in a good way) conditions at LSF pond, it's no wonder they weren't able to have a derby this year.

That's a shame, not so much as the chance to win some $$, but for the loss of a fun outing and the people it would have benefitted.

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:11 PM »
With the changing (not in a good way) conditions at LSF pond, it's no wonder they weren't able to have a derby this year.

That's a shame, not so much as the chance to win some $$, but for the loss of a fun outing and the people it would have benefitted.

Ya the legion was concerned if there was a lot of people it won't be safe. As it was Sunday they were all over it. Suppose to get cold wed night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.