The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: ICEHOLES  (Read 1777 times)

Offline big scott

• Team IceShanty Addict
ICEHOLES
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:19 PM »
anyone catch the two episodes of iceholes Friday night on nat. geo. ?
what'd you think??
...... saw "flaggs" on the first episode "king of the lake"

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
Re: ICEHOLES
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Watched it. What a terrible show. I saw Flaggs too. Good times....  :-\

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2014, 09:51 AM »
My letter to Nat Geo. So disappointed that they'd put this garbage on, yet not pick us up for a real ice fishing show that I tried out for last Winter......

Good morning,

I was finally able to watch Ice Holes this morning. All I can say is how disappointed I am in Nat Geo for producing a show of such low caliber. As an avid ice fisherman, I expected more from such a reputable organization. Your show made a mockery of the sport, and did nothing but show ice fishermen as complete idiots with drinking problems. I've been ice fishing for over 30 years and the people you chose to show are the lowest of the low in the hierarchy of fishermen in general.

Having watched this poor use of video space for two episodes, I can assure you I will not watch any more. If you're interested in what ice fishing is really about, and the ability and skill it takes, let me know. My friends and I would like to put this show and it's poor portrayal of what real ice fishermen are about, to shame.

I find it disturbing that Nat Geo would stoop so low as to produce garbage such as Ice Holes. Seems to me that ratings (however low because the show is terrible) are now more important than what I thought National Geographic was about.

Sincerely disappointed,

Mark McKay

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Mark, my hat's off to you for sending your letter, I will be sending one also.  The show stinks big time and is a terrible depiction of ice fishing and ice fishermen and women.  I have never fished with or met people like hat on the ice and certainly don't want to for that matter.  That Josh guy is a total jerk and no sportsman.  He should've been thrown out of the tournament for the way he was flying around and driving through other people's set ups.  This show makes ice fishermen and women look like a bunch of idiots who are always drinking.  Real sad, it could've been a good show.

Offline manitron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Gentlemen, it is about ratings and demographics. A serious show concerning ice fishing will never make the flagship channels only the smaller niche channels such as Pursuit. The larger stations are trying to attract larger audiences and the younger generations for income.They will only air Kardashian type BS and programs which feature imbeciles and ignoramuses who try to outdo eachother with their crazy antics. We have devolved to this.
Being on ice is nice but the tug is the drug.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Show is a joke! It actually irritated me! Bunch of IDIOTS!

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2014, 05:48 PM »
Ice Idiots.....poor show....

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2014, 08:41 PM »
the show stinks..

Offline MeatBall413

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Do you guys remember seeing a post on the Shanty looking for people interested in a TV show? Im wondering if this the same one. I think some of the statements made earlier are a bit extreme. We all know, or are, guys like the ones on the show. The show wouldn't be named ICEHOLES if it were meant to be state trooper serious all the time.
I always thought my buddies were being nice by letting me walk out first. Then I realized I'm a lot more buoyant than they are.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2014, 12:10 PM »
I don't remember that post, any chance you can find it and post it up here?  There's a big difference between being a complete idiot and drunk every show and not taking things seriously. 

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2014, 01:22 PM »
I think its funny and fun to watch
Never to many short poles

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2014, 10:51 AM »
This is the show from the same post for the casting call held in Meredith NH. Flaggs and I went up for it. We were both there at the King of the lake derby. IMO they need to make this show more of a competition like wicked tuna. It's ok to have some fun but you need something concrete to make it interesting.

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Meredith, NH Ice Fishers!
« on: Oct 14, 2013, 04:04 PM »
 LEFTFIELD PRODUCTIONS AND THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL ARE LOOKING FOR

MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE ACTIVE IN THE ICE FISHING CULTURE.

DO YOU GO OUT ON THE ICE AND FISH? DO YOU ENJOY THE FISHING COMPETITIONS?

DO YOU HAVE A BOB HOUSE AND SOCIALIZE ON THE ICE?

DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF INTERESTING STORIES TO TELL?

IF SO THEN PLEASE JOIN US FOR AN INFORMAL MEET AND GREET AT, GIUSEPPI'S RESTAURANT, AT MILLS FALL MARKETPLACE, MEREDITH, NH., THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19TH FROM 11AM - 5PM.

FOOD AND BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED AND IT WILL BE GOOD CLEAN FUN!

PLEASE RSVP VIA EMAIL TO [email protected]

OR CALL 212-564-2607 EXTENSION 2315 IF YOU CAN MAKE IT

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 2014, 02:40 AM »
Thanks for posting that.  I wonder how they picked these guys, I'm there had to be better candidates. 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Thanks for posting that.  I wonder how they picked these guys, I'm there had to be better candidates.

They were the only ones that could still stand when the booze quit flowing.  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 2014, 10:20 AM »
After the Meredith casting call they held one in Maine. We were interviewed in front of cameras. Our casting tapes were then sent to Nat geo in California who then picked the cast for the show.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2014, 10:48 AM »
After the Meredith casting call they held one in Maine. We were interviewed in front of cameras. Our casting tapes were then sent to Nat geo in California who then picked the cast for the show.

That explains EVERYTHING, now why didn't we figure out that the cast was picked by people in California?  What could you expect from people from a state that repeatedly elects Nancy Pelossi.   ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2014, 11:39 PM »
A menn to that cris great post :)
Never to many short poles

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2014, 10:57 AM »
I have plenty of ice fishing videos. I could put together a show that would actually be interesting, informative and not fools getting drunk and really having no clue how to ice fish. If the show's main point was to look like ice clowns acting like ice morons, then they are spot on. Otherwise its a flop!

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Aug 17, 2014, 11:07 AM »
You should create a channel on utube.  I would definetly watch that. 
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline big scott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2014, 03:03 PM »
.....as bad as it was, I still watched all of them. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.