Author Topic: Weed-Ez or Reel Weeds???  (Read 5092 times)

Offline FrozenFisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Weed-Ez or Reel Weeds???
« on: Nov 14, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Has anyone used either the Weed-Ez or reel weeds through the ice?  Im just curious if they have worked well or not before I buy some of them.  Thanks for the input!!  :tipup:
""

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Weed-Ez or Reel Weeds???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Has anyone used either the Weed-Ez or reel weeds through the ice?  Im just curious if they have worked well or not before I buy some of them.  Thanks for the input!!  :tipup:

I got the single real weed for around my camera cord last year. Then, I picked up a 4 pack of Weed-EZ weeds yesterday. Really liked how compact and flat they store, the reel weed for my camera is a pain since it doesn't compact very well. Haven't really used them yet, but for $20 what the heck. I do have one question about the weed ez product. I see where a person would attach a single weight to the bottom of the plant, but does one need to add a float to keep the weeds vertical or is the very slima and small foam black disk enough to keep the weeds upright?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I own the reel weeds and they saw limited action last season. As far as I can tell here are the big differences

Weedez is made of a cloth like materal wich moves better in the water then the plastic aquarium style plant that the reel weeds are made of. I lose pieces each time out as they pop off,  you should not have this issue with weedez

Now on the other hand, a perk for reel weeds is that it comes with a foam float, the wieghted sinker ad well as a foam handel that allows you to easily deploy and retreive the weeds, it also holds them tight when not in use...my understanding is the weedez has neither of these three things

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:00 PM »
I have never tried either of these, but it does seem like a good idea. Do they bring in more fish?

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:17 PM »
the little bit I have tried some saw no appreciable difference.... doesn't mean I won't keep trying though!

I did run into a problem with a pike tangling in them once... :o
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline bowhuntnsteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:17 PM »
I saw the reel weeds in gander mtn tonight and then saw the products websight, so checked it out. seems like a cool idea and where I fish in our bay, we have many sandy places like the video with no cover at all. I pondered too & wanted to see peeps opinions.

If they'd only give a group buy discount to try them out!  ;D

Offline Hawk 27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I have a set of the reel weeds and only used them once last year. If your want to move around alot they are not worth it. I used them everytime 2 years ago with limited success. I tried several patterns and found that making a circled worked the best. If I knew then what I know now, I would of saved my money JMO.
Wherever you go.......there you are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.