The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Strikemaster Lite-Flite w/ Dewalt Drill - and a BIG Pike!  (Read 4013 times)

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
I finally upgraded to a drill auger!  Went with the Strikemaster Lite-flite due to the comparison videos I saw and went with the DEWALT 20V MAX XR drill (DCD996B) since I already had the batteries for it and heard great things! Extremely impressed with how well it drills holes and how light it is!

2 additional drill auger tips: Keep your batteries warm and make sure you hold on to the drill  handle with your other hand because if/when it catches it can rip it right out of your hand and hurt your hand in the process!

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Strikemaster Lite-Flite w/ Dewalt Drill - and a BIG Pike!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Nice 1!
 :tipup:
Dont ask

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 01:53 PM »
same auger set up i run, 5ah batteries and your set
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2020, 02:14 PM »

2 additional drill auger tips: Keep your batteries warm and make sure you hold on to the drill  handle with your other hand because if/when it catches it can rip it right out of your hand and hurt your hand in the process!

Clam Plate with the K-Drill adapter .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2020, 04:38 PM »
Good job!  Time for a cold beer my friend.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2020, 10:09 AM »
same auger set up i run, 5ah batteries and your set
It works so well! :D

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Pretty sure they have 12ah batteries for dewalts now too.
westernmas on the finder

oldschoolben

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Wondering how that setup works in thick ice 18" or more ,how many holes ,can you get and how it handles thick ice

Offline mtgrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2020, 06:33 PM »
I have Makita 18volt battery drills. I noticed that they have 5-6 amp batteries now but they are not compatible with the older drills. If I have to buy a new drill, any brand, what is the best one for the ice auger?
Tight Lines,
Montana Grant

Offline Walted

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Wondering how that setup works in thick ice 18" or more ,how many holes ,can you get and how it handles thick ice
I have no experience with the Lite-Flite but I use the exact same drill with a 6ah battery attached to a nils auger and last year I was on about 14'' and must have punched nearly 50 holes on one battery.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2020, 05:11 AM »
I have the SM LF 8” with a RIDGID Octane, 9ah battery. We have just under 3’ of ice last year and it handled it fine!! Popping 20 or so holes. Still had 1/2-3/4 battery.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline MT_BAFL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Any issues with the connection bolt coming loose on that strike master? Have a Milwaukee Fuel drill and debating between the strikemaster and pistol bit. Read/watched a few reviews on the strikemaster that mentioned the connection coming loose and to either get a longer bolt with lock nut or keep the allen key with you on the ice.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2021, 08:11 PM »
Any issues with the connection bolt coming loose on that strike master? Have a Milwaukee Fuel drill and debating between the strikemaster and pistol bit. Read/watched a few reviews on the strikemaster that mentioned the connection coming loose and to either get a longer bolt with lock nut or keep the allen key with you on the ice.

Been noticing that as well, considering adding some locktite or something because it loosens after one hole

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2021, 07:54 AM »

I have the same set up as in the video, Loctite the bolt and I always do about 4 or 5 wraps of electrical tape over the bolt. just something I started doing on somethings, bolt may get a little loose but it cant back all the way out with the tape around it.
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.