Author Topic: crescnt lake  (Read 1057 times)

Offline big daddy d

• IceShanty Rookie
crescnt lake
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Has anyone done any good at crescent? G&P summer nettings show there are a lot of good fish there, but you never see anyone fishing it. I am going to try it next weekend.

Offline icecker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: crescnt lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:14 PM »
had 3 friends their on thursday. zero bites zero sightings
Tight lines, big eyes!

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Fished it last year.... skunked... Talked to a couple guys that had talked to a biologist that said it didn't take off as good as blue had, bit there was still some good fish in there.... I moved around probably a dozen times. Nothing..... How about Island?????...
Hard as Ice!!

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Last year 5 of us cut the lake up from the boat ramp South and didn't mark anything larger than a minnow. Talked with Joe from Alliance G&P office and he said they found some dead crappie at ice out, but this summer's gill net survey still looked good.  ??? Maybe the crappie all move North to the mud bottom in winter. Hope ya find em. :tipup:

dc   

Offline swampdonkeyice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:06 AM »
I fished it a couple weeks ago, I thought that if there was crappie in there I could find em, didnt mark a fish in 5 to 6 hours.....whats the deal with that lake.

Offline SolidH20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Fished it twice determined to find fish. From the dock N. and then around to S. and didn't mark a fish either day.

Offline Vlasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:35 AM »
I talked to a couple guys that tried it Thursday that said the exact same thing.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2014, 11:48 AM »
We had planned on trying Crescent also, but it sounds like there is no reason to continue to try to ride the dead horse.  Maybe in the future it will perk back up like Blue has.  Happy trails.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:35 PM »
I know some guys who fished it in the summer looking for fish and didn't find any.

Offline Docholiday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I have fished that lake twice and nothing but a dead sea. I love it when someone asks where they should go for a certain species and people post look at the reports, those reports can mean didly. Crescent should be very good but I have not marked a fish there yet probably not worth punching a hole in again.
Hit em Hard Water Style

Doc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.