Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607067 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16290 on: Jul 10, 2019, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Fair and 60* this am, high of 86 here today....91 down at the job site.

Steve...I’ve been using a 50/50 mix of beer and water with the traps, so it takes me about 2 cans of beer to set the traps. From what I’ve read up on or seen on videos, believe the smell is the attraction. Set a few last night with just a pinch of yeast in straight water....if that work’s, well,  the garden will be on the wagon!   ;D
  Marv...congrats on landing another tree job! Nice video of the little buck, hope we get to see more of him as he matures, awesome job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...water temp is climbing up fast, nice job on the walleyes and beautiful picture!  Best wishes sent to your wife with today’s appointment, have a safe trip to the City.    :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s to you and Mr.WW with those Erie eyes, what a great day!! Best of luck with today’s fishing!   :clap: :bow:
  Jeff...can’t ever remember seeing so many of these nasty little critters around our property, guessing the wet Spring and early summer weather conditions caused a spike...no idea, lol. Honestly, it was pretty depressing to see what they could do overnight, some of the leaves on the plants actually looked like fish bones, lol. Hope you had a great day with the grandkids and took it easy with the wood pile yesterday.     :thumbsup:

Going to be a good day for Gatorade today! We’re all set up and ready to lay some marble today. Will be nice starting while it’s cool and finishing up before the heat of the day really kicks in.
  Snapped a few more pictures yesterday around the job area. If you don’t mind Marv, I’ll send you a few this afternoon...
  Running a little behind again.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16291 on: Jul 10, 2019, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 62* and clear here on my hill another nice day ahead. ::)
                            Eddie.........We had a busy day with the kids, I turned the sprinkler on for them to run through, reminded me of when I was there age. :laugh:
                  I did some stacking early before I had to pick them up. :flex:
                            Steve.........My wife came home Monday just in time to entertain the grand kids. :clap:
                            Marv..........Nice little Buck you have like Eddie said, it will be fun to watch him develop. :thumbsup:
                            Wally great job on the Erie Eyes, keep it up. :clap: :bow:
                            H2L...........Sailing is a lot of fun as long as there is wind, I did a lot of it when I was a kid. :thumbsup:
                            No grand kids today, I'll be stacking wood and maybe get the grass mowed.
                            I hope everyone has a good Wednesday Hump day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16292 on: Jul 10, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

73 with air thicker than fleas out there :%$#!: The good news is this afternoon Les rolls in for a day or two :clap:

Eddie fire away with the pictures Sir! I will be on lookout for them so I don't screw up again ;D I told my sister about the beer for slugs, she was very interested.

IW don't over do it with the stacking :nono: The last thing you need is WW to get on you about it :roflmao:

WW you won't ever want to come home if you keep stacking them up :clap: Best of luck on the water today :thumbsup:

I am off for my walk in a bit, then taking the Trek for another spin. I will check the cards later but yesterday seemed quiet out there. Arrow turkey has been missing in action for the last few days, I am hoping she shows with a family soon.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16293 on: Jul 10, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Eddie, if I read your post right, you said "it takes me 2 cans of beer to set the traps" and now you are not even giving "them" any beer.

WW, a great day on the water. 27 incher must have been a beauty. Going to be hot for a day or two. Lots of water. Almost all reports are saying many short fish or ones just over 15" here. I know I haven't caught one over 17 since late June. Good luck the rest of the trip.

IW, sailed quite a bit years ago. Learned on a Sunfish. Sailed on a lighting a lot and also on a 30' E-scow. We once tipped the 30 footer over in late Sept. I haven't seen the guy that was with me, that day, this summer. He was from Troy and had a 32' Cat. at my uncles marina since the '60's.  I did see him out on it last summer but he was in his late 80's so may have quit sailing. I know I look for him every time I am on the water. He owned a German meat market and would bring us the very best hot dogs.

Time to get ready for our trip to the city. Lindsay (the one with the dogs) is going with us. They want to stop a "Trader Joes" on the way home, I will be able to take a nap if it isn't too hot......

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16294 on: Jul 10, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

Managed to scare up 6 eyes yesterday the biggest being a 5 pounder!! Trying a different spot today so we’ll see!!
WS...if you’re up to it could you post the pics I sent you please?? Can’t do it from my phone  ::) Thanks!!
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16295 on: Jul 10, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be another hot day. I tried to post yesterday but it didn’t go thru. Went for another infusion yesterday afternoon for my headaches. The infusion went bad. Made my headache worse and caused very violent vomiting which made my neck pain get worse. Ended up in the ER and they discharged me. Headache is still very bad. My wife is going to call the neurologist this morning.

Mason Eddie, Make sure you drink lots of Gatorade today. Going to be a hot one today. Hopefully your giving the slugs the cheap stuff.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife today. Safe travels into the city.

Whopper Stopper, Have a good walk. Hope the Arrow Turkey shows up soon with some babies.

Wally World, Your not going to want to come home. Can’t wait to see the pictures.

Ice Wanderer, Be careful stacking that wood today. Drink lots of Gatorade today.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and if your outside stay hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16296 on: Jul 10, 2019, 07:04 AM »
WS...if you’re up to it could you post the pics I sent you please?? Can’t do it from my phone  ::) Thanks!!

No problem WW................

This is Pat's 24 1/2" 5 pound walleye

This is one of the many Russ caught on day 1

Another one of Pat's, with a hot lure

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16297 on: Jul 10, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. I made a trip to the deep water but did not launch the boat as I was running late. I made a couple trips around it and a bit of spot fishing. The cliffs there are huge 100 ft. range and looking into water you can see underwater trees,rocks,and fish. There are white sand beaches too. I did see about a 2-4lb. bass cruising around a huge bolder in close but just outside the boulder you could tell the depth plummeted only 10 ft. from shore. I am excited to return and be ready to have at it from the boat. This place has also introduced a Elk population that is doing very well. Nice walleyes WW. WS I found someone selling ice castle siding unused in MN if you might be interested. Add had a phone # and I wrote it down. One sheet 24 ft. and a 1/2 sheet and a few smaller bits. It was 40 or 50 I can't remember.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16298 on: Jul 10, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Good afternoon Everyone :bow:

Drizzle and thick out, still waiting on Les to show up.

OG I will ask around, I personally have no use for any, but thanks for the heads up.

I grabbed the cards a bit ago things were fairly quiet. The morning videos are really suffering from all the humidity, it's not until the sun pokes out that I can get some clearer movies to share. Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Happy to see a new little buck checking things out.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16299 on: Jul 10, 2019, 12:58 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Beautiful but hot today. My wife had to darken the windows with drapes in the living room like we had in the bedroom at the other house. Light isn’t my friend today.

WallyWorld, Those are beautiful fish.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos.

I hope everyone is having a great day and staying hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16300 on: Jul 10, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Pictures outside our bird feeder.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16301 on: Jul 10, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Nice pictures 45 :thumbsup: Hope the dark brings some relief Sir!

Here is an extra video, the rain seems to be getting the turkeys wound up.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16302 on: Jul 10, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

I heard from WW today.  They had another decent day with 9 in the boat ranging from 19"-25".

WW got this nice 21"  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16303 on: Jul 10, 2019, 02:39 PM »
Thanks WS !!!!!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16304 on: Jul 10, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Beautiful fish
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16305 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:54 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 69* here on my hill, showers are in the guessers forecast today after 3pm. ::)
                         Wally.......You 2 are on fire out on Erie Eyes, good job. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:             
                         Marv........Nice videos, I'm sure the humidity fogs up the lens on the cameras. Good job posting pictures for WW. :flex:
                         Eddie.......I'm glad that you found an alternative attractant, you don't want to waste 2 beers. Lol :roflmao:
                         I-45.........I'm sorry to read that the infusion went south on you, I hope they can get things figured out soon. ???
                         H2L..........When I was 12 years old, my father bought a 36' sailboat from Norway, so he and my brother and I flew over and sailed it
               back across the Atlantic. It was a great experience.  :thumbsup:
                         My wife helped my stack yesterday, it look like about 3/4 of a cord left till MW delivers more. I also got the lawn mowed and even set up
               the 8' pool for the grand kids.
                         Today is my wife's and mine 4th anniversary. Out to dinner tonight.
                         I hope everyone has a great Thursday either at work or out fishing.

IW 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16306 on: Jul 11, 2019, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 64 degrees now but supposed to be almost 90 and humid. Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Bit of excitement yesterday. My wife walked out and there were 2 police cruisers. The woman downstairs has been in the hospital and apparently her apartment was broken into and 2 TVs were taken and jewelry. Police think it might be a neighbor who is known by the police. Wife is now concerned about leaving me alone. She’s also happy i’m No longer working as a paramedic where a Boston emt was stabbed.

Ice Wanderer, Happy Anniversary 🎉🎉. That was good your wife helped you stack wood. Hope you have a ride on mower.

WallyWorld, Hope you have another great day on the water. Look foreword to seeing pics.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16307 on: Jul 11, 2019, 05:13 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello! The s-i-l and I are going to head into the metro this morning to throw for muskies for 4-5 hours. I would expect crowds, guess we will see. This afternoon I need to get my tree equipment in order, I am going to start on my tree job Saturday.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16308 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:13 AM »
63* this morning.

Trip to the city went well. Everything looked good. This trip was for them to check her out after the issues she had after her infusion 2 weeks ago. Didn't get home until 10pm, stopped for dinner and the wife and daughter had to go to Trader Joe's.

WW, some good looking walleyes. They sure do look like they are eating pretty good. WS, thanks for posting the pictures.

Ice-45, headache is what the wife had after her infusion. They are not fun. Hope they get better.

IW, Happy 4th anniversary. Enjoy your dinner. That must have been some trip across the Atlantic. I don't miss stacking firewood.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16309 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:35 AM »
ww I wish I could get into some walleyes with out having to travel to the east part of the state. A 22 incher would be a dream over here. All of the walleye eggs come from a river over here but the fry do not seem to get planted around here any more.

Marv. The video with the longer spurs on the toms looks like they are at least 3 year olds. The last video is of jakes, one year olds by the bumps for spurs. The tails on them have longer feathers in the middle. Those short feathers even show in their first fall.

It has been a crazy week. I got a letter from the power company last weekend dated July 2 that the trimming crew would be coming through after the 17th. When I finally got ahold of the guy from the power company on Tuesday they were already done on my property. Normal communication from the power company. I went over yesterday as I was hoping that the guys from Trees Inc would take a big red oak down, that is just off of the easement, so I could move my tower blind off of the easement.  I talked to the foreman that said they will but will have to come back due to they can not take it down until after the 15th due to the fear of oak wilt. they had trimmed the side off of it years ago to take the lean toward the powerline as it towers over the lines. I have nothing but good things to say about Trees Inc.

Last week a guy from Ohio came on a back up at a bridge on the xway. He was not paying attention and the fifth wheel trailer he was pulling came off laying in the middle of the road. When he tried to get around the back up he ended going over the side of the bridge falling 20 feet almost landing in the road below. When I talked to the Trees Inc guy he said he was mowing 50 feet from where the guy went over the bridge. The trees kept the guy from going to where he was working.

The news just said some guy paid a fine at the court in Kzoo with a counterfit $20.00 bill. DUH

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16310 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Morning all,

Back home in my own bed last night  :clap: :thumbsup:  Three days on the water sure can tire a person out  :roflmao:

WS......thanks again for posting the pics for me  :bow:  good luck today, hook a big one  ;)2

IW.....happy anniversary to you and MrsIW, enjoy dinner  :clap:

IF45.....hope you find relief soon sir  :-\

TT.....every single walleye out there was chunky, they're definitely eating well  :thumbsup:  they sure are strong fighters  :flex:  well worth the 4 hour drive  ;)

Eddie.....another week almost in the books sir, always tough to go back after a long weekend  :blink:

Today is get things back to normal at home day  ::)  thunderstorms expected later so mowing will have to wait another day  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16311 on: Jul 11, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's   I45 hope your next Dr. visit brings better results. Hang in there man. IW forgot to say Happy Anniversary. Your Dad must have been a cool cat; crossing the ocean wow not many can say that. Way to go setting up the pool for the grandkids.  WW you and Mr. WW sure have been pounding the walleyes thanks to WS too for posting your pics and his own videos. WS hope your outing today gets a big fish. Have a great day and stay cool.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16312 on: Jul 11, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Good morning sunny currently in the low eighties heading for a high near ninety weather guessers calling for thunderstorms this afternoon and chance of more storms tomorrow. Also looks like a hurricane may develop in the Gulf of Mexico and cause damage in Gulf coast states before this week ends may any storm not be to strong in this part of the United States.
Eddie may the yeast and water mix work on the slugs. You may want to purchase a six pack of beverage called Goya Malta it may work I can tell you from cleaning up a few dropped six packs over the years this beverage has a strong odor which the slugs might like a six pck oft his drink should cost less then a six pack of beer.
Ice Wanderer Happy Anniversary to your wife and you enjoy tonight's dinner. Nice of your wife to help you get most of the firewood stacked in your wood shed. Quite an adventure for you as a preteen to make a cross Atlantic sailing trip. I'm sure your grandchildren will enjoy the pool good place for them to practice what they have learned at their swimming lessons.
Whopper Stopper best to you and your SIL with today's fishing trip. Remember to pace yourself with the walks/bike rides and upcoming tree job you do not want to injure your recently repaired knee.
Hunts2long happy to read all went well for your wife at NYC hospital. Hope the wife and Lindsay found the items they were looking for at Trader Joe's . Thank you for clarifying which of your daughters is the dog owner .
Wallyworld glad you and Mr.WW are home safe after a great fishing trip at Lake Erie. Thank you for taking some photos that 24 inch/5 pound walleye is one beautiful fish. Also a big thank you to WS for posting the photos for you :clap:
Icefisher-45 good to read your at home and doing better after the bad reaction to second headache drug infusion. You may want to look on the internet for black out drapes to help deal with light sensitivity. While on the "Net" also research "Simply Safe" wireless home security systems  this system should help your wife feel better when she is out and your home alone. May the police catch the burglar and recover stolen items.
Tom Turkey may you get the oak tree taken down at you second property. I wonder what new charges the fine payer now faces for passing fake money. Sad story about the gentlemen from Ohio . Have you launched the pontoon yet.
OldGoat may you get into the fish on your next trip to the lake.

Have a good and safe day. Best to those fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16313 on: Jul 11, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Update on the Raccoons, Tuesday, Was awakened at 11:00 PM to "There is 3 raccoons on the deck."  Got up to look, and Yup there were 3, and what looked like one in the live trap.  Turned out that the trap was holding not 1, but 4, Yes 4,  :o :o :o What a load, took the trap to the park, (10 miles) and opened it, out come Mother and 3 of the pups.  Back home by Midnight.  Then when getting up at 4:00 AM (Wednesday) to prep to go fishing, the 3 others had returned, with one in the trap.  :o so off to the park again.  Here it is Thursday and the other two have not shown up ??? only guessing.

Fishing trip to the wakeless lake only resulted in one small SMB, one stocker trout, one about 2# rainbow, and a crawdad.  Yup went to the wrong lake, The other lake was a hot bit for the Walleyes.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16314 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Beautiful day on the lake, I suppose that's why the lake place was nuts by 9am. We caught a few small pike and 2 bass but we didn't find what we were after. We talked to a couple other guys that had fished all night and they were sitting on skunks too. Tomorrow storms are supposed to move in during the afternoon so we are going to try a different lake first thing in the morning.

Bud good going on the raccoons :thumbsup:

I checked the cards a little while ago, we had a new visitor.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16315 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:22 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Weird weather here today. Sunny then cloudy a little bit of rain this morning. Neurologist is going to send me to another doctor. Says he can’t help me since the headaches never stop and they’ve gone on for so long. My wife is furious since we told him up front how long this is going on. She thinks it’s something with the neck as the headaches got worse after I saw the court appointed Dr and he manipulated my neck and shoulder.

WallyWorld, It must be good to be home. Looked like a great time.

Hunts2long, That’s good that your trip went well and your wife and daughter got to go to Trader Joe’s.

IFF, That’s great you caught the mother. My father use to catch the raccoons and drive them about 40 miles away. He always said anything less they would come back. I think he just liked the place he let them go.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing the videos. Silly question what type of lure do you use for Muskie? I’ve only used worms in the summer and shiners in the winter. Hope you got all your equipment in order. Go easy on your knee.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16316 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:52 PM »
BTW nice walleye WW  Next time I get a morning to myself will be after one on my home lake.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16317 on: Jul 11, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Thanks IFF!!! Hope you get that morning soon  ;)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16318 on: Jul 12, 2019, 12:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Another sleepless night. Supposed to be a rainy humid day. Prayers for those in New Orleans and surrounding areas.

IFF, I hope you get a Morning to yourself soon so you can go fishing.

I hope everyone has a great day and everyone stays hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16319 on: Jul 12, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!!
  69* and cloudy on the Hill this am, high of 77 today. Lost my post yesterday somehow.... :%$#!:

I-45... hope the headaches simmer down and you can get some sleep. Best wishes sent the new Dr. can get a better fix on what the heck is causing those problems for you. Hang in there buddy!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...good job on the fishing, hope today’s trip pays off with the big fish getting landed!   :thumbsup:   The videos are awesome, great contributions to the thread....Thanks for sharing them with us!    :clap: :bow:
  Wally....fantastic trip for you and Mr.WW.....Welcome home!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...wow, you hand your hands full with those raccoons! Hope you get that fishing day in soon....best of luck!    :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks for the tip, appears things have slowed down somewhat with the slugs, very few caught over the last few days.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff....Congratulation s and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!! Hope you enjoyed a wonderful evening together!     What a trip that must have been sailing across the ocean with your Dad and brother Jeff, how awesome!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  H2... glad everything went well with your wife on her appointment, excellent news!   :bow:  Good luck with the fishing if you’re heading out today!   :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the days end and some nice weather for the weekend. My two daughters surprised me with tickets to a Yankee game on Sunday for Fathers Day, so I’m kind of getting psyched up for that and hanging out with them for the whole day down in the big City.   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Have been gathering up some pictures of the job and will get them all together today for you Marv....Thank You for your help with them, very much appreciated Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Last shift coming up for the week...Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.