Author Topic: Season Progress  (Read 1532 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Season Progress
« on: Feb 04, 2024, 06:15 PM »
Well what a season it's been so far, the ups the downs. For a crappy winter, it's actually been damn good, we've Been on the ice since Jan 1 every weekend. Ice has been fine everywhere I've been, it's the bite lately that's got me stumped. Holdover trout fishing like we do, I absolutely expect that sometimes. But Even many warm water usual hotspots are making us really work for it. Regardless, no place I'd rather be as often as I can. Lots of beautiful weather days the past few weeks.
My not so little fishing buddy(taller than me now)  has been joining me a bunch which is a blessing since he usually wants to just do teenager things more and more. Hanging with Dad is sometimes no match for sports or girls these days. I feel like it was just yesterday I was dragging him out on a sled in his car seat. But today he kicks my ass fishing and I LOVE it!
Fishing has been steady for bows on the big lake but no real studs yet. Decent ice past 3 weeks on the big water given conditions . Fished on 14" ice on the big lake this morning, then moved out to 6-8" over 40' for Lakers/cusk.
Definitely looking better, I feel some night cusk trips very soon.
Lots of fishing done, lots of fishing left!!
Figuring out the plan and prepping for derby this week. Good luck to all.
Just a few.....

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Season Progress
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2024, 08:06 PM »
Well done, jealous that’s my type of fishing, waiting for those couple trout flags

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2024, 06:39 AM »
Congrats!   :tipup:

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2024, 06:42 AM »
Great report Jason! Glad to hear your son is still cool with going out fishing with the old man, one of these days way in the future it'll be him pulling you out in the sled. I've gotten out a few times but it's been super sketchy, spent the bulk of my winter so far chasing snow instead of ice, put around 160 miles on the sleds this weekend in the north country, sitting in the rental cabin very right now very glad I blew off work today to relax lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2024, 06:56 AM »
Nice work bud…that’s awesome your son still hangs out with ya..cherish it
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:31 AM »

Bet it felt like he was the 2 year old in 603's post just the other day.  Way to make the most of a sketchy season, I am sure it beats being sidelined.  Glad you are finding ice, fish and time with your son - win - win - win!  Way to go.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2024, 09:00 AM »
Great report keep at it they grow up way to fast!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:41 AM »
That's awesome! Glad you're both getting out there and getting it done. Cheers to the father and son team, nothing better.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2024, 05:55 PM »
Nice J! Same here with number of trips but the warm water bite for me blows..one  club all season ..hope for two big ones this weekend ..best of luck
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:54 PM »
Awesome work, Jason! Love to see you out with the not so little man. I am planning a trip up there for cusk as well. I know we both have our own missions, but maybe we can connect and hammer some fish. Good luck this weekend as well pal!
Just add water.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2024, 08:21 AM »
Nice job on a tough season and getting out with your son!  I have yet to fish with Hawkeye this season between his work, buddies and girlfriend however it is all good.  I have a comforting feeling that most of the hay is in the barn there and things are proceeding according to plans.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2024, 09:27 AM »
I love that pale coloration of the first bow. Awesome
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline Deepwaters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2024, 12:27 PM »
Congrats Dad.

I remember my teenage years, being too cool for my parents for the most part. That phase ends

I’m in my late thirties and my Father is the coolest person I know, and I rather hang out with him over anyone. He doesn’t live up here, so I don’t see him as much. But people like you and other Fathers like mine are the greatest. Thank you for that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.