Author Topic: The most expensive Ice Fishing Boots  (Read 3806 times)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The most expensive Ice Fishing Boots
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:16 PM »
I’m pretty disappointed in my DryShod Arctic Storms. The boots themselves are warm and all but the fronts of the boots where the soles are glued on at the toes are peeling away.
[/quote
Haven't experienced this yet
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:45 PM »
I have both Baffin titans, and Kamik mammoths for ice fishing. Quite happy with both.

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:59 PM »
I've had a lot of different boots. I like the Korker Polar Vortex, best 've had so far.
Same here. Good fit and support. Lightweight. Easy to walk in. Warm. Waterproof. Boa cable tightening system (no frozen or untied laces).
The different soles are cool. But I mostly leave my studded ones on. They only suck when you forgot something and need to go back in the house and no one's home to get it for you. The studs could harm some flooring if you walk on it.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2024, 09:40 PM »
Thanks for your input.  I ordered these boots from Sportman's Guide this morning.  `Most places only had a few size selections (8 to 9), but this place had my size.

Ya man you won’t be disappointed

Offline MJS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2024, 07:03 AM »
 I've been wearing the Cabelas Trans-Alaskan Pac boots for 20+ years and I can't say enough good thinks about them. They are on Clearance right now for $165-$220
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-trans-alaska-insulated-waterproof-pac-boots-for-men

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2024, 07:07 AM »
I've been wearing the Cabelas Trans-Alaskan Pac boots for 20+ years and I can't say enough good thinks about them. They are on Clearance right now for $165-$220
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-trans-alaska-insulated-waterproof-pac-boots-for-men

Yup, these are amazing

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2024, 09:51 AM »
I've had the Clam Sub Zero X boots for 2 years and they are good.  Comfortable, warm, quality.  Only knock I'd give them is I wish they didn't go up as high as they do but that is a personal thing.  Hard to find a short boot with the waterproofing that's needed for drilling holes.  Would like to find an option as with bibs on any water that splashes up move than 3-4 inches above the ankle should get blocked by bibs and not run into a boot.  Maybe I need to try the Korkers as they may fit the bill. 

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:11 AM »
Wow, bullpine.  You sound just like my wife!

I am actually a boot salesman.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:23 AM »

Well, boot salesman, what do you recommend? 

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:53 AM »
I've had the Clam Sub Zero X boots for 2 years and they are good.  Comfortable, warm, quality.  Only knock I'd give them is I wish they didn't go up as high as they do but that is a personal thing.  Hard to find a short boot with the waterproofing that's needed for drilling holes.  Would like to find an option as with bibs on any water that splashes up move than 3-4 inches above the ankle should get blocked by bibs and not run into a boot.  Maybe I need to try the Korkers as they may fit the bill.
I've always had taller boots so I wasn't sure I'd like my Korkers because they're a little bit shorter.
But, like you said, the pants stop the spray from going over the top. So I like them as they are.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:54 AM »

Should have guessed!

Offline Roughnek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2024, 11:30 AM »
I have the korkers. The interchangeable soles are nice I use the my studded soles that I use on my korkers dark horse wading shoes on the ice. They have a real good customer service if you have issues. The boa system works  for me easy on and off

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2024, 01:22 PM »
I have the korkers. The interchangeable soles are nice I use the my studded soles that I use on my korkers dark horse wading shoes on the ice. They have a real good customer service if you have issues. The boa system works  for me easy on and off

I'm leery of the Korkers Polar Vortex boots.  I have a friend who had bad leaks with his Korkers right from the start last year.  I read another fisherman, Dave Koonce, who had the same problem with wet feet.  Dave sent the company an email noting his wet problem, and Korkers did not respond after 4 weeks.  Others have said that their Korkers are completely dry.  Luck of the draw?  Who knows.  I just know I went with a different brand (Irish Setter Icetreks).

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2024, 01:55 PM »
I'm leery of the Korkers Polar Vortex boots.  I have a friend who had bad leaks with his Korkers right from the start last year.  I read another fisherman, Dave Koonce, who had the same problem with wet feet.  Dave sent the company an email noting his wet problem, and Korkers did not respond after 4 weeks.  Others have said that their Korkers are completely dry.  Luck of the draw?  Who knows.  I just know I went with a different brand (Irish Setter Icetreks).
I mucked around in 4" of water in mine last weekend (and some last year also) and my feet have never gotten wet. Just my $.02

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2024, 01:55 PM »
Korkers are scheme to get you to buy the soles every couple years.  I've had 2 sets, and the wading boots I wear now come with felt bottoms and studs and cost the price of the korker soles.  They last me about 2-3 years and I buy a new pair on sale at $65.  Wore out the sole in one pair of korkers, got a different style w the boa and it tightened up to the point they dig into your achilles.  I'll stick with permanent soles and buy a new pair every 2-5 years.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 30, 2024, 03:59 PM »
Hoffman Pac boots. Hoffmanboots.com

Offline CrappiePerchDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 30, 2024, 05:39 PM »
Korkers are scheme to get you to buy the soles every couple years.  I've had 2 sets, and the wading boots I wear now come with felt bottoms and studs and cost the price of the korker soles.  They last me about 2-3 years and I buy a new pair on sale at $65.  Wore out the sole in one pair of korkers, got a different style w the boa and it tightened up to the point they dig into your achilles.  I'll stick with permanent soles and buy a new pair every 2-5 years.

I couldn’t quite figure out why I had a negative reaction to these boots just from looking at them - but this is why!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2024, 07:07 AM »
Been running Cabelas Saskatchewan goretex boots for 3 seasons now. Warmest boot I've had. About 200ish.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #48 on: Feb 08, 2024, 11:22 PM »
Well, my Irish Setter Icetrek boots are supposed to me at my doorstep tomorrow.  I ordered them from Sportman's Guide, and the shipping department must have froze.  I'll post my thoughts on the boots when I receive them. 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #49 on: Feb 09, 2024, 10:30 AM »

My boots are here.  I like the way they are built.  Lightweight and comfortable.  The BOA lacing system on these boots is very slick.  Now I just need some lower temps to check out the warmth of these boots, but I don't know if we'll see that this winter. 

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 09, 2024, 10:46 AM »
I have the BOA lacing on my Korkers. I'm liking it.

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 09, 2024, 06:19 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the Norfin Klondike 2?  The foldable ice cleats in the sole are interesting. I have the Muck Arctic Pro Sport. I like that they are easy on and off and pretty warm, when I use toe warmer heat packs.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 12, 2024, 06:23 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the Norfin Klondike 2?  The foldable ice cleats in the sole are interesting. I have the Muck Arctic Pro Sport. I like that they are easy on and off and pretty warm, when I use toe warmer heat packs.

I have them- very warm, big and clunky, but lighter than you expect. No experience with the cleats yet, we get a lot of snow and slush instead of glare ice, but having it just under the arch is a concern- come down on your heel or push off with your toe and you might slip.

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 12, 2024, 07:03 PM »
Thanks Badger

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 17, 2024, 12:24 PM »
Interesting read. I really don't understand why people pay so much for boots. My white mickey's are 24 years old. I know because I wrote my name and address and year at time of purchase. Just in case. My black ones are 7. Feet have never got cold. I deer hunt, rabbit hunt and ice fish every year in them. But to each Thier own. If you are happy with them is all that's important.  Steve

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 17, 2024, 01:52 PM »
I'm in the market for new ice fishing boots.  I was wearing the Baffin Titans, but they have worn out, and leak like a faucet from the '70s.  Price is not my main concern, as I'll pay good money for the right boots.

I have been wearing these Cabela's Trans-Alaskan boots for 4 years, I tried many different kinds but these are the best for me when it came to needing a water proof and warm boot.  One dis-advantage is a lot of the ice creekers won't fit.  See the video and buy the ice creekers they show.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=crmas_sfp&p=cabela%27s+ice+fishing+boots+for+men#id=3&vid=9229c3f6cd175052bc7b105b4386ce2c&action=click

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Feb 17, 2024, 03:53 PM »

I put Kold kutter racing spikes in my trans Alaskans, 👍

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 17, 2024, 05:12 PM »
Interesting read. I really don't understand why people pay so much for boots. My white mickey's are 24 years old. I know because I wrote my name and address and year at time of purchase. Just in case. My black ones are 7. Feet have never got cold. I deer hunt, rabbit hunt and ice fish every year in them. But to each Thier own. If you are happy with them is all that's important.  Steve

I don’t like walking around with cinder blocks on my feet looking like PJ from In Depth Outdoors.

Just busting your balls, but a lot of guys like them. I have had so many pairs of boots I just want something super light, super warm, and waterproof. Usually a trade off somewhere, but haven’t regretted spending the money on those Irish Setters once

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #58 on: Feb 17, 2024, 05:15 PM »

I really don't understand why people want to die with a million dollars festering in the bank!  To each his own, brother.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 17, 2024, 05:27 PM »
I don’t like walking around with cinder blocks on my feet looking like PJ from In Depth Outdoors.

Just busting your balls, but a lot of guys like them. I have had so many pairs of boots I just want something super light, super warm, and waterproof. Usually a trade off somewhere, but haven’t regretted spending the money on those Irish Setters once

You couldn't pay me to wear Irish setters one of the worst pair of boots I have ever owned blew them out at the seems 3 times in 6 months they fixed them the first 2 times told me it would be $150 to repair them the 3rd time I took them threw them in the trash and bought a pair of Wolverines best boots I have ever owned feet don't get cold in them for everyday use. I still swear by Dryshod Artic Storm got hunting and Fishing once it gets below 20
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.