Author Topic: The most expensive Ice Fishing Boots  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
The most expensive Ice Fishing Boots
« on: Jan 28, 2024, 01:52 PM »
I'm in the market for new ice fishing boots.  I was wearing the Baffin Titans, but they have worn out, and leak like a faucet from the '70s.  Price is not my main concern, as I'll pay good money for the right boots.
Here are some boots that I've found online for ice fishing.  I've included the price that was posted for each. 

Norfin Klondike 2 Boots  -  $200
Korkers Polar Vortex 1200G  -  $240
Refrigiwear Extreme Pac Boot  -  $280
Baffin Derrick Industrial Insulated Boot  -  $290
Schnee's Ultimate Winter Pac Boots  -  $400
Klim Adrenaline Pro S GTX BOA Boots  -  $400
*MY FAVORITE*  Scarpa Phantom 8000 Thermic HD  -  $1700

Let me know if anyone has a pair of these, or another brand that is not listed, that you have used and had good luck with. 

Offline Dan in NH

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The most expensive Ice Fishing Boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:38 PM »
I’ve been wearing the Cabelas Inferno for 4 years now. Never had cold feet with just a mid wt sock. Do order a size larger. They are thick, so might not fit under a pair of regular pants. Also- mine are lace up, not the boa. At this point I would buy another pair if needed, very warm and comfortable

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:55 PM »
$2000 boots?

Offline wolverine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I ain't gettin em I'm Lookin
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2024, 03:29 PM »
I can’t fathom why those extremely expensive boots would be needed, maybe in the arctic tundra

Offline donzov

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2024, 04:00 PM »
My Muck Arctic Sports are at least 15 years old. I think I paid 85.00 bucks for them, and thought that was a lot back then.
The only regret I have is that I got the tall ones. There is nothing wrong with them right now and I wear them at least 2 days a week.
My feet never get cold with them.
I will most likely still be using these boots when I die twenty years from now.
2 grand for a pair of boots is just nuts.
                                                                            Just my 2 cents, Don

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2024, 04:16 PM »
My Muck Arctic Sports are at least 15 years old. I think I paid 85.00 bucks for them, and thought that was a lot back then.
The only regret I have is that I got the tall ones. There is nothing wrong with them right now and I wear them at least 2 days a week.
My feet never get cold with them.
I will most likely still be using these boots when I die twenty years from now.
2 grand for a pair of boots is just nuts.
                                                                            Just my 2 cents, Don

I switched to Dryshod Artic Storm best boots I've ever owned never get cold feet
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2024, 04:59 PM »
 Pair of muck arctic ice and a pair of
 Trans Alaskans, both with Kold kutter racing spikes
 Trans Alaskans I only wear a cotton sock  they do run on the small side so order a size up

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2024, 05:38 PM »
I love my Irish Setters - feet have never been wet or cold and easy off/on with my Kahtoolas. Was tired of the muck boots and didn’t want anything bulky or clunky.

https://www.irishsetterboots.com/hunting-boots/big-game/IceTrek/03897.html

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2024, 06:01 PM »
I'll echo donzov about the Mucks.  There are some good competitors these days in that style that all do very well.  Unless you just really want to spend a few grand for clout or are planning on also using them to climb K2, go with the Mucks.  Great to slip on and off for snow-shoveling also.

Offline CrappiePerchDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2024, 06:16 PM »
Yeah - the Scarpa are nice -  but the price is crazy.  And they come with battery powered heat.  Unless you are climbing K2, buy some ‘regular’ boots and aftermarket heated insoles for a hell of a lot less.  You could almost have a different pair of boots and heated insoles for each day of the week for less….

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:09 PM »
I'll echo donzov about the Mucks.  There are some good competitors these days in that style that all do very well.  Unless you just really want to spend a few grand for clout or are planning on also using them to climb K2, go with the Mucks.  Great to slip on and off for snow-shoveling also.

For the same price dryshod is a superior much boot. One of the original founders of Muck started Dryshod after his 5 year do not compete clause
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:13 PM »
I love my Irish Setters - feet have never been wet or cold and easy off/on with my Kahtoolas. Was tired of the muck boots and didn’t want anything bulky or clunky.

I did not consider the Irish Setters.  Do you sit on the ice in one spot with these, or are you walking around hole hopping most of the time?  They just look like they would not be that warm if you are not mobil. 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:17 PM »

This is my experience with Muck boots..  I bought a pair a long time ago, and they were great.  Held up well.  After that pair, the quality went down the drain.  I probably bought 3 pairs of Muck boots over the years, and won't buy another.  I might look at the Dryshod brand, but I'm looking more for a removable liner to dry out the boots if need be. 

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:35 PM »
This is my experience with Muck boots..  I bought a pair a long time ago, and they were great.  Held up well.  After that pair, the quality went down the drain.  I probably bought 3 pairs of Muck boots over the years, and won't buy another.  I might look at the Dryshod brand, but I'm looking more for a removable liner to dry out the boots if need be.

My feet have never been cold or wet in side the Dryshods have yet to put them on the blood drier yet

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2024, 09:59 PM »

That's good to know!  Mine are going on 6 years and have started to crack at the flex point.  They still have life in them, but the end will come.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:30 PM »
I got a pair of the Korker Neo Artic boots last year and love them.  Way more comfortable and warmer than my Mucks.  I also like the built in cleats and interchangeable soles.

I got my son a pair of the Dry Shods, and they have also been great for him.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:36 PM »
I did not consider the Irish Setters.  Do you sit on the ice in one spot with these, or are you walking around hole hopping most of the time?  They just look like they would not be that warm if you are not mobil.

Yes debated between those and the Korkers, but didn’t want to mess with the soles. I’ve sat for hours and also hole hopped, but never have issues with warmth.

Weight/comfort/warmth/waterproofness -  honestly the best ice boot I’ve had and surprised they haven’t gotten talked about more.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:16 AM »
You should buy the $1700 boots.  You deserve it. 

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:23 AM »
Get a pair of Hollow Alpaca Socks and a mediocre pair of boots….  Good to go..✌️✌️✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:34 AM »
You should buy the $1700 boots.  You deserve it.

Wow, bullpine.  You sound just like my wife!

Offline brokefarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:35 AM »
Being wearing Baffin titans for close to 20 yrs on 3 Rd pair.  I am hard on them.  They are clumsy and a pain to drive in but always warm.  Easy off on.  Tried 2 PR's of muck boots... different models.... didn't like them not as warm.  Just remember to remove liner over nite.  Have no problem sitting or hole hopping .

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:32 AM »
I own the Klim Adrenaline boots above, BUT NOT FOR ICE FISHING!!! They are an incredibly stiff, purpose built snowmobile boot. You don't want to walk around in them, believe me. And if I am not mistaken, the Scarpa is a randonee/telemark ski boot. Not sure where you came up with this list. That being said, I am very happy with my Muck Arctic Ice for ice fishing. I also have a set of Baffins that have been great.   
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:38 AM »
I've run the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro side zips for 3 or 4 years now for hunting and ice fishing, with a fair bit of snow blowing and trout fishing mixed in. love them. I'm a fairly large guy, so the side zip is nice for not having my pant leg or thermals bunched up at the top of the boot.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2024, 11:01 AM »
Korkers here. Very happy with them.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Yes debated between those and the Korkers, but didn’t want to mess with the soles. I’ve sat for hours and also hole hopped, but never have issues with warmth.

Weight/comfort/warmth/waterproofness -  honestly the best ice boot I’ve had and surprised they haven’t gotten talked about more.

Thanks for your input.  I ordered these boots from Sportman's Guide this morning.  `Most places only had a few size selections (8 to 9), but this place had my size. 

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2024, 02:36 PM »
Get a pair of Hollow Alpaca Socks and a mediocre pair of boots….  Good to go..✌️✌️✌️

X2, layer of polypropylene sock liners and Hollow Alpaca Socks.  You could prob wear a pair of jordans and stay warm.
westernmas on the finder

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2024, 06:00 PM »
Muck made a 5MM lace up boot for a while, I have 3 pairs in queue. Should last me the duration. If it is really bad, I use a heated sock, which I can control with my phone. I think you would be unhappy with a full mountaineering boot for walking- they tend to be heavy and stiff, and these contain a battery and heating system. Get something moderate, and spend $50 on a pair of heated socks. If you are feeling flush, get extra batteries, and you will never be cold.

Offline GerGa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2024, 06:27 PM »
I'm in the market for new ice fishing boots.  I was wearing the Baffin Titans, but they have worn out, and leak like a faucet from the '70s.  Price is not my main concern, as I'll pay good money for the right boots.
Here are some boots that I've found online for ice fishing.  I've included the price that was posted for each. 

Norfin Klondike 2 Boots  -  $200
Korkers Polar Vortex 1200G  -  $240
Refrigiwear Extreme Pac Boot  -  $280
Baffin Derrick Industrial Insulated Boot  -  $290
Schnee's Ultimate Winter Pac Boots  -  $400
Klim Adrenaline Pro S GTX BOA Boots  -  $400
*MY FAVORITE*  Scarpa Phantom 8000 Thermic HD  -  $1700

Let me know if anyone has a pair of these, or another brand that is not listed, that you have used and had good luck with.
I would look at Hoffman double insulated Mountaineer pac boot.  9mm felt & shell insulated so may be warmer than the Schnees(& cheaper).
Unfortunately only got a chance to wear them in the yard so far but they feel good & are roomy.

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:35 PM »
I've had a lot of different boots. I like the Korker Polar Vortex, best 've had so far.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 29, 2024, 08:06 PM »
I’m pretty disappointed in my DryShod Arctic Storms. The boots themselves are warm and all but the fronts of the boots where the soles are glued on at the toes are peeling away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.