Author Topic: Quickfish 3 Bag storage aka 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular

Curious what sort of methods you all use to get the Quick fish 3 back in to it's ridiculously tight bag.  I struggled with putting it back in the bag this year while out in the ice and each time I thought to myself "there has to be an easier way".  Hoping you all can share some tips.
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Quickfish 3 Bag storage aka 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2021, 09:51 AM »
I bought some sleeping bag compression straps, it helps some, still a battle though.

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2021, 10:21 AM »
The bag for my Quick fish 3i is almost too big. I seen another thread about this and several people had the same issue. Had mine in the drive the other day to air out and easy peasy back into the bag.  Maybe it is for a different hub, not sure.
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2021, 11:38 AM »
I use one of those rubber coated twist ties through out the season ..never putting it back in the bag till season ends. I also fold down the top of the bag some and pull it over from the top down. I did see a FB post where a guy had a  zipper installed.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BRsnow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2021, 12:06 PM »
The insulated version comes with a cinch strap, so it fits nicely. The non might be different.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2021, 12:49 PM »
The insulated version comes with a cinch strap, so it fits nicely. The non might be different.

I concur... The QF3i goes back into the storage bag pretty easy and so does the FF 6120i that I have.  Both have the loose cinch strap to help bundle the folded hub pretty tight.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2021, 12:51 PM »
The trick is to fold up the material, but spread it while rolling.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline On The Lam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2021, 04:35 PM »
In addition to the included cinch strap, I added a couple more on my 3I.  I don't put it back in the bag after the day is done...no way I'm fighting that.  I just collapse it, cinch it and throw it in the sled.  At home, I unfold it loosely, and it stands in the shower in the spare bathroom until it dries out.  Once it's dry, I'll take my time snugging it tight and neatly putting it back in the bag for next time.  I also have an Otter hub and do the same, even though the bag is considerably larger and more forgiving.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Ditch the crap straps that come with the shack and get a couple sets of these.  Not only are they a million times better for anchoring your shack but at the end of the day when the fabric is stiff from the cold you can put one or two around it and pull them tight.

https://www.amazon.com/Pairs-inch-Adjustable-Heavy-Hanger/dp/B07VNVRPKG/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=rope+ratchet&qid=1616718384&sr=8-18
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Online HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2021, 09:53 PM »
One strap, no issues. Practice in your lawn this summer if you're having issues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.