Author Topic: Dropped my flasher  (Read 822 times)

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
Dropped my flasher
« on: Mar 07, 2021, 11:58 AM »
Went out to the local lake before sunrise this morning and ended slipping on the path leading to the lake and dropped my brand new Marcum M5  >:(. It seems to be ok but I am curious if Marcum would cover any damage under warranty, or would it be out of pocket?  I totally understand if it was not covered but wondering if they would?
Still had a good morning after catching this pike in my crappie setup

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dropped my flasher
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2021, 12:46 PM »
If you validated the warranty, my guess would be that Marcum would honor it. They have excellent customer service in my opinion. Contact them and explain the situation. The worse they will say is that it isn’t covered. Good luck!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Was there any visible damage, and was it in a carrying case?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2021, 11:03 AM »
It was in the case that came with it, and no visible damage from what I am tell. I tried it again yesterday and it seems to be working. I guess I got lucky this time but moving forward, going to make sure it is secure in the sled.  It was a bonehead move in my behalf for carrying it down a dark icy path.

Offline HuyFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2021, 12:03 PM »
My guess is physical damage is not covered. Many companies will not offer physical damage warranty unless some kind of additional extended coverage is purchased before hand.

I have not read any of marcums policy but I would imagine any issues with manufacturer software issues, defects in the LCD, dead pixels, circuit board issues, camera condensation is all covered.

hard to say.
https://www.youtube.com/c/HuyFishin
Follow like and subscribe! Appreciate the support!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.