Author Topic: 40 up still in business?  (Read 1840 times)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
40 up still in business?
« on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:04 AM »
I ordered 3 tip ups prior to Xmas and aside from a thanks for your order note I have not heard anything.  All emails to the have gone in answered.   Curious if anyone knows anything. 

Offline FishHawkVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 40 up still in business?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Curious to hear what others may know as well - I placed an order for some components in mid-December, received an email confirmation of the order, but nothing since. No replies to the 2 follow-up emails I sent, and the phone # isn't working either. I even tried emailing the address listed as the recipient for the PayPal payment and have had no response. Was going to give it a couple more days, but at this point it seems I'll be making a claim with PayPal.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:42 AM »
I've been wondering that as well because I need replacement parts but it looks like nothing is available. I also don't see their tip ups anywhere.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Supposedly they are based in my hometown.  I'll go knock on the door if you really want.
westernmas on the finder

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:30 AM »
perchnut PM sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:46 AM »
A lot of fishing gear is becoming scarce with Covid.  People either can't complete the product due to shut downs or are not showing up to work.  I heard for example the people who paint lure bodies are not essential workers and were not able to complete/paint the imported lure bodies. 

Offline WonderBread

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm as old as my nose, and older then my teeth 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:05 PM »
My wife ordered a 3 month subscription to the Mystery Tackle Box (ice fishing edition) in early December. The December box shipped around the 8th. I got it on January 4th of 2021.
I know, it's crazy.
I'd be a little concerned that you can't get any communication with customer service. Especially as they are working from home in most cases.
Lastly, you may want to contact the method of payment/provider or financial institution, and if the monies have been withdrawn from your account ~ file a dispute. And if the monies have not, cancel or block the transaction from even happening.
At any rate, I wish you Luck. 🍀
WonderBread
(Avatar: taking a rest, hiking along the moose river near the confluence of the black river. 2011)

Offline FishHawkVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:23 PM »
Perchnut: I decided to call FISH307, one of the Iceshanty sponsor sites and who sells 40Up products. The gentleman I spoke with confirmed they have gone out of business. Guess I'll be making that claim with PayPal now! Not sure what payment method you used when you placed your order, but I assume you'll want to pursue that as well.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Perchnut: I decided to call FISH307, one of the Iceshanty sponsor sites and who sells 40Up products. The gentleman I spoke with confirmed they have gone out of business. Guess I'll be making that claim with PayPal now! Not sure what payment method you used when you placed your order, but I assume you'll want to pursue that as well.

I had an order in that never shipped and submitted a Paypal claim. Took about a month but I did get my money back. Too bad they made a nice product, lots of shops are still selling them.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2021, 02:51 PM »
That's a shame because I like 40-up tip ups. They are simple and reliable.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2021, 09:22 AM »
That sucks big time because they made good stuff and their components were good quality.  Hopefully after the pandemic they'll come back.

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2021, 07:36 AM »
There was a guy on Facebook who said he was in the process of buying the company and his financial backing fell through. 

He had all sorts of people contacting him to complain about not receiving orders and not getting responses. He didn't know if they sold to someone else or just went out of business.  He was just posting all over the FB to clarify that the sale didn't go through and he wasn't affiliated with them.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2021, 08:50 AM »
There was a guy on Facebook who said he was in the process of buying the company and his financial backing fell through. 

He had all sorts of people contacting him to complain about not receiving orders and not getting responses. He didn't know if they sold to someone else or just went out of business.  He was just posting all over the FB to clarify that the sale didn't go through and he wasn't affiliated with them.

This is correct.  I was at Granby bait and it was a chinese investor/supplier who backed out on the guy.
westernmas on the finder

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2021, 10:23 AM »
Way back in the day I went into the 40up shop in westfield ma hoping to get a job as a young teen. There was one old timer running the joint. Sadly he wasn't looking for any help. I give him a lot of props, sad to hear they went under
if your not fishing, your not living

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.