Author Topic: Delete.  (Read 2578 times)

zwubalubadubdubz

Delete.
« on: Jan 28, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Delete.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Nice picture. That will do it for sure. I had a long stick and a clamp and it wasn't near that good.
<===Lefty===

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If I had some ice, I'd try that.. TY   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You can buy an ice transducer for most units , hey have a shorter cord and bottom weight and a diffrent cone pattern

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
You can buy an ice transducer for most units , hey have a shorter cord and bottom weight and a different cone pattern.

It just seems logical to spend 6 cents per year and come out so far on the plus side financially to enable on ice snacks to include spendy items for the entire season.   YUM !   

Thank you, OP (with the Swahili screen name) .    ;)2

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice transducers are sort of new these days, that's all you could get was a skimmer not too long ago..

That idea would have saved me a lot of time in the past..

Great idea, thanks for sharing the picture..

<°)))>{

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Yup, that'll work as long as your cord is still somewhat soft in the cold. Whenever I tried it, the cord was so stiff when cold that the ducer never actually hung level. Lowrances are TERRIBLE about that.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline mrmercman

• IceShanty Rookie
Been working for me for last 5 years.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
how I do it on my skimmer ducers also.simple.worked on my furuno fish finder and my lowrance 3x elite.havent got to try the 3x yet due to no ice :-\.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Yup, that'll work as long as your cord is still somewhat soft in the cold.
Mine usually shrinks to a ravel.      :woot:

Offline flyhaven

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks..I have an old sonar I  wanted to try on the ice at some point along with my lowrance
 elite 7 that I have with an ice ducer.

Offline Iceballs204

• IceShanty Rookie
Thx for the pic. As for the guy with no ice, that sucks buddy.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
The ice ducer is different on my marcum lx5. I bought the high speed transducer for use on my boat. It attached to my bow mount trolling motor and it will not show my jig under it like the ice ducer does. Even flat calm water and fishing it directly under the transducer. It must be a different cone angle or something different about it. Besides the pita removing it back and forth from the boat, I would recommend just buying the ice ducer.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
I definitely over thought the project years ago when using a FF on the ice. I had sticks, floats, and wraps of solder!!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My ice ducer will shoot through the ice without drilling. Not sure if a skimmer will do that

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
My ice ducer will shoot through the ice without drilling. Not sure if a skimmer will do that
Try that on 7" of white ice and get back to us with the results.     ;)2

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Try that on 7" of white ice and get back to us with the results.     ;)2

Worked great on 3 inches of white ice with 9 inches of clear yesterday . i throw it down to check depths sometimes when looking for a new spot but it's in a hole when I fish

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Worked great on 3 inches of white ice with 9 inches of clear yesterday . i throw it down to check depths sometimes when looking for a new spot but it's in a hole when I fish
And, there's a trick ~ put it in a baggy of water, on the ice.    ;)2

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah when it's wet it works best

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
May need some hooch in it on a cold day.   

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ha ha yeah. On a slushy day you can just drop the ducer on the ice and it looks the same as if it's ina hole. I'll have to check it on thicker ice and see why happens

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
I found an inch of snow kills it.   If it was too cold to snow and only make crystal ice, sweet.    :thumbsup:

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Auger your fishing hole, then another shallow one next to it. fill the shallow one up with water and set the ducer in it. Works pretty good most of the time.

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
This is how I set up my transducer. I took the bracket that attaches to the boat and put a bolt through it and then used a wingnut to hold it on. The bolt was heavy enough to counterweigh the transducer and hold it level. I haven't had any problems with fish hitting it yet or getting caught in it and I've probably pulled about 40 fish through the ice. It works great because my bracket/transducer set up can rotate about 120 degrees to make it level. http://imgur.com/GA4DSP7

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
When I first used my boat rig I mounted it with zip ties to an old tip up, then you just open up the trap and used that to keep it level and in the hole. You can get fancy and make the vertical adjustable to drop it further in the hole.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I keep a smell plastic spring clamp in my fish finder box. Just  clamp the cord to the side to hold it. The ice ducer has some real weight to it. It's like a rock on the end of the string . I will hug the ice all the way down and sit just under the ice nice and out of the way . I don't use a float

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
When I first used my boat rig I mounted it with zip ties to an old tip up, then you just open up the trap and used that to keep it level and in the hole. You can get fancy and make the vertical adjustable to drop it further in the hole.

This is sort of what I use for my Garmin transducer.  The Garmin DownVu 'ducer is long and mounts on the end, so I don't think there would be any way to keep it level otherwise.  I have mine screwed to the bottom of an old tipup.  Works great and it all fits in a long, skinny "6-pack" cooler so the transducer is protected during travel.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well isn't that clever!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.