Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679584 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8160 on: Mar 29, 2021, 10:22 PM »
Well I am glad that you spread the word ..looks like someone on YouTube made a video of the deal ..had 51 views at the time the deal ran out of stock . It got my head scratching ..other retailers may be inclined to have deals as well ..as the 2803-22 is not easy to come by  ...although not impossible to find the 2803-22..not as easy to kick across . Maybe Milwaukee is discontinuing this model or its up for redesign ..just my thoughts .

My suspicions as well HD. I would expect to see an updated model of the Fuel 18 brushless drills in the very near future. It makes no difference at all to me since my original Fuel is the earlier version I think a 2704 model that is a bit larger than the 2803 but has been and remains perfectly functional after 3 full seasons on my Clam Plate. Running these drills on a 7 or 8 inch auger is quite a load to be sure however we also run them in a very clean environment devoid of the workplace dust and crap most drills have to deal with plus the biggest culprit for tools of this nature is overheating which our auger drills rarely ever experience unless they get used during the Off Season for standard drilling work. Mine is completely dedicated for Ice.

Thanks again HD, sold my 1st gen 2704-22 kit tonight and only cost me $20 for the upgrade. One thing to note on this drill is its only a drill/ driver where my 2704 was a hammer drill/ driver.  No biggie as I only used it as a hammer drill twice
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8161 on: Mar 30, 2021, 07:57 AM »
Thanks again HD, sold my 1st gen 2704-22 kit tonight and only cost me $20 for the upgrade. One thing to note on this drill is its only a drill/ driver where my 2704 was a hammer drill/ driver.  No biggie as I only used it as a hammer drill twice

That is my plan as well to sell my refurbished 2704-22.. it has served me well .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8162 on: Mar 30, 2021, 08:27 AM »
That is my plan as well to sell my refurbished 2704-22.. it has served me well .

With our 2704s there is no need to ever employ the Hammer function for ice drilling. The new drills without the hammer option are all we need unless you use the drill elsewhere for other duties. Just my opinion here but I have corded drills with the hammer setting and would certainly use them for drilling concrete long before I ever use a battery powered one. Cordless tools, even the higher quality ones such as Milwaukee, just are not as heavy duty as other corded ones in my experience. My new 2803 will be strictly dedicated to ice duty and the older 2704 will be in my shop for home duty but will probably never be used for hammer duty.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #8166 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Tool only?! That ain't no bargain in my book!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8167 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:48 AM »
The hammer drill part comes tool only, not the 1/2 inch drill/driver. You get a bag, a 5 AH battery, a 1/2 inch drill driver AND a 1/2 hammer drill for $250. Not a bad deal...
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8168 on: Apr 01, 2021, 10:21 AM »
Scheels has free shipping...no minimum today only.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8169 on: Apr 01, 2021, 11:09 AM »
Scheels has free shipping...no minimum today only.

Dont forget to use the chat function ...lower left.. for price matching.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8170 on: Apr 01, 2021, 11:18 AM »

Offline Extcat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8171 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:33 PM »
First electronics purchase.
From Ebay
Garmin echomap 73cv Panoptix ice fishing bundle.
New in box
$975 shipped
Come on fall!!

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8172 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:18 PM »
First electronics purchase.
From Ebay
Garmin echomap 73cv Panoptix ice fishing bundle.
New in box
$975 shipped
Come on fall!!

At first I thought you got livescope for this price, but re-read and saw it was just Panoptix. Hoping to see livescope 2.0 come out at ICAST this year and maybe the $1500 price tag on the 1.0 will drop some...

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8173 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:22 PM »
At first I thought you got livescope for this price, but re-read and saw it was just Panoptix. Hoping to see livescope 2.0 come out at ICAST this year and maybe the $1500 price tag on the 1.0 will drop some...

Then there will be a bunch of used Livescopes for sale, an opportunity for those that have been dragging their feet because of cost.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8174 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:26 PM »
Then there will be a bunch of used Livescopes for sale, an opportunity for those that have been dragging their feet because of cost.

Thats why I'm kinda waiting it out - would like to see what they have improved from the 1.0 and if its gonna be worth it to go with 2.0 or the discounted (hopefully) 1.0

Offline Extcat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8175 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Just plain Jane panoptix.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8178 on: Apr 05, 2021, 08:43 AM »
There may be a battery deal or two here with free shipping

https://www.farmandfleet.com/tool-battery-packs/?brand=DEWALT

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8179 on: Apr 05, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Northern tools is still honoring the discount code also. I just got a nice Aluminum drop hitch with 3 size balls and 2 locking pins at $139 plus $20 off.https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200738942_200738942

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8180 on: Apr 05, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Northern tools is still honoring the discount code also. I just got a nice Aluminum drop hitch with 3 size balls and 2 locking pins at $139 plus $20 off.https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200738942_200738942

Code  274607

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Online badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8182 on: Apr 08, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Direct Tools has the 750 in-lb Ryobi kit with 1 4AH and 2 1.5 AH batteries for $139- $7 shipping

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Products/RYOBI-ONE%2B-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-Kit-/p/P1813

Enough torque for 4-6 inch auger bits, and more if you have the 3:1 gear drive clam plate.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8185 on: Apr 10, 2021, 04:41 PM »
Not sure how good of a deal this is, but Amazon warehouse has a few Eskimo Quickfish 3’s. There is a limited time extra 10% off taking the price down to $140 shipped (before tax).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V31HD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_W41WPAAY722817Q8KJEQ?psc=1

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8186 on: Apr 10, 2021, 07:39 PM »
With our 2704s there is no need to ever employ the Hammer function for ice drilling. The new drills without the hammer option are all we need unless you use the drill elsewhere for other duties. Just my opinion here but I have corded drills with the hammer setting and would certainly use them for drilling concrete long before I ever use a battery powered one. Cordless tools, even the higher quality ones such as Milwaukee, just are not as heavy duty as other corded ones in my experience. My new 2803 will be strictly dedicated to ice duty and the older 2704 will be in my shop for home duty but will probably never be used for hammer duty.

Oh really cause I put my cordless to the test and I can drill 5-1 holes in concrete with my cordless hammer drill vs a corded hammer drill. I have the Dewalt 996
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8187 on: Apr 11, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Oh really cause I put my cordless to the test and I can drill 5-1 holes in concrete with my cordless hammer drill vs a corded hammer drill. I have the Dewalt 996

As I said,  "Just my opinion here but I have corded drills with the hammer setting and would certainly use them for drilling concrete long before I ever use a battery powered one."

I'll stand by what I said and won't argue if you chose to use your cordless drill for hammering in concrete. I have Metabo, Makita and a Milwaukee 1/2" corded hammer drills and unless I am away from a 120V source I would absolutely use them before I use a battery powered one. All three of the corded drills are bigger and much heavier duty than either of my cordless hammer drills.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8188 on: Apr 11, 2021, 07:11 AM »
As I said,  "Just my opinion here but I have corded drills with the hammer setting and would certainly use them for drilling concrete long before I ever use a battery powered one."

I'll stand by what I said and won't argue if you chose to use your cordless drill for hammering in concrete. I have Metabo, Makita and a Milwaukee 1/2" corded hammer drills and unless I am away from a 120V source I would absolutely use them before I use a battery powered one. All three of the corded drills are bigger and much heavier duty than either of my cordless hammer drills.

I'm not arguing with you either just staying if you get one of the heavier duty battery powered drills youlls be amazed at how good they are and perform. I hang gutters and we have to attach down spout to brick sometimes and not having a cord is a savor. Just saying the new cordless heavy-duty hammer drills will out preform corded any day of the week
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8189 on: Apr 11, 2021, 07:46 AM »

I'm not arguing with you either just staying if you get one of the heavier duty battery powered drills youlls be amazed at how good they are and perform. I hang gutters and we have to attach down spout to brick sometimes and not having a cord is a savor. Just saying the new cordless heavy-duty hammer drills will out preform corded any day of the week

Agreed! My Milwaukee 2704 and 2804 cordless hammer drills are great drills and absolutely up to the task of drilling concrete. I just mean if I have the choice between 120V cord or 18V battery I always would opt for the 120V. I was building decks and sinking heavy 1/2" lag bolts into concrete sonotubes and liked the weight and heft of the bigger drills. For drilling ice holes nothing I have found beats the light weight Milwaukee cordless fuel 18V brushless drills with 1200 In/Pds of torque so I save them for this duty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.