The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ottawa County Ice  (Read 6195 times)

Offline jiggn_yb

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ottawa County Ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Went out on Jenison Gravel Pit yesterday afternoon. We went to the first one on the right the big one was pretty busy. Managed a few dink gills but that was is. There was about 4" of ice.
}<(((°< ~

Offline gvfishman15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Went out on Jenison Gravel Pit yesterday afternoon. We went to the first one on the right the big one was pretty busy. Managed a few dink gills but that was is. There was about 4" of ice.

Went out there this morning and I had the same luck as you did.  hardly marked anything also.

Offline Smeltman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2016, 08:40 PM »
That pit gets hammered all year long surprised anything is left in it. It's a shame right by my house too. :'(

Offline pike bay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:18 PM »
quite a few years back we did okay on some decent gills and occasional specs in the pits but the last 5 years it has gone way downhill. Tried a couple times in the past 2 years just because it isn't to far from home and never caught a fish I would consider a keeper. Talked to a old guy that was just packing up one day and he said I could fish his spot since he just finished up a limit. He had fished the spot for 6 hours to get his limit and sorted alot. When he showed me his bucket of fish there wasn't 1 fish that went over the 6" mark. Most of the limit was around 5" fish. Still gave it a shot and caught a bunch but din't keep any. This winter I will skip fishing the pits and try some other spots with bigger fish in ottawa county.
Drove by Eastmanville yesterday and there were about 30 guys out there at 11 a.m. Today there were about 12-15 guys out there at 10 a.m.

Offline gvfishman15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2016, 03:33 PM »
There's some shady stuff that goes on at the "pits" in the summer time that's for sure.

Offline michiganoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Another good morning on the ice. I landed 20 fish all on micro plastics. Not any live bait for me. My buddy caught 17 with waxies. All in an hour and a half or so.

I'd rather be fishing!

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2016, 03:54 PM »
That pit gets hammered all year long surprised anything is left in it. It's a shame right by my house too. :'(
[/quote
are these the pits next to the airport I did well there last weekend got 7 nice 10inch specs

Offline jiggn_yb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Yes it is.

Went out Saturday at about lunch took my 3 year old daughter out for the first time. She lasted about 2 hours in which time we landed 3 keepers and a handful of dinks.
}<(((°< ~

Offline bluechem

• IceShanty Rookie
Eastmanville Bayou
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Spent a couple hours out on Eastmanville Bayou this morning. Very slow for everyone  (8 groups) out there. I saw a couple bluegills and a nice bass on the Aqua-Vu cam at the edge of a weed bed, but they wanted nothing to do with anything I offered. There were about 4 inches of white ice over an inch of clear ice where I was fishing...not my favorite situation for sure (I'm pushing 300#)...so I wore the PFD under my jacket. Weather forecast is promising after Monday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.