Author Topic: Fenwick HMG or Elite Tech Ice Rods  (Read 1587 times)

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
Fenwick HMG or Elite Tech Ice Rods
« on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I am looking for feedback on the the Fenwick HMG and Elite Tech ice rods.  I will be using the rod exclusively for panfish and am looking at the ultra light action in the 23" and 25" sizes.  I was a big fan of the Frabill titanium spring bobbers until I finally tried a 24" UL HT Ice Blues and 24" UL Schooley's rod this winter and I am starting to prefer a lighter action rod without the need of a spring bobber.  I see that Glen's has a good sale on both of the rods currently but want some feedback before placing an order.  Is the price difference justified from the HMG up to the Elite Tech rod?

Thank you,
Zubie

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fenwick HMG or Elite Tech Ice Rods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:58 PM »
I have four of the elite techs in varying actions and I love em. Great rod for the money
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Do you own any in ultra light action, if so do you fish without a spring bobber for small jigs?

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:17 PM »
None in ultralight actually. I normally run a medium light for jigging simply because when out for panfish there's usually a pretty good chance I'll hook in to something with some size. I usually fish small tungsten jigs and I can feel the jig just right with the medium light.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:21 PM »
I own 6 elites I think. Nothing below ML. I wonder if the guides they use would be a little heavy though. They're not lightweight rods but I love the action.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.