Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616030 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23520 on: May 20, 2021, 05:20 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....things have dried up nicely, looks like some rain next week  ;)

MrC.....glad to hear the new steps are done, hopefully they hold up well  :clap:

IFF.....hoping you didn't lose either one   ???

ZCM.....fingers crossed you get some drier weather, especially on your long weekend  :)

Eddie....once the hummingbirds show up it's nonstop action at the feeders  :woot:

WS.....it's way too early for MrMuggy to visit  :wacko:

Heading east in a bit, have baseball, soccer, field hockey and a regatta on tap for the weekend  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23521 on: May 20, 2021, 05:53 AM »
  Who's on??        ;D ;D     :P :P

Hard to believe 7 years ago this evening Dom asked this question and look what’s it become...  :bow: Happy 7th Anniversary to the 9:45!!  :bow:

Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Beautiful out this am, 59* and calm, but high around 80 again today.

Jeff...glad to read the pontoon is parked back in its summer spot again, will be looking forward to your maiden voyage!   :clap:
  Wally...wishing you and Mr.WW safe travels to Mass and a wonderful time with the family! Those treats look amazing...I’ll meet you at the Thruway exit on your way through!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z...that hot weather should dry things up quick, don’t forget the sunscreen like I did yesterday!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Bud...got the fingers crossed you found them both, yikes!  Losing either one sucks big time!!
  I-45...great news on your wife, looking forward to the same news on you soon.  :thumbsup: :clap: 
  Steve...glad to read the stairs are complete now, good deal.  :thumbsup:  I struggled with the 80* temps yesterday....please keep that 90* stuff down south if you can.   ;D
  H2...did you find any hungry walleyes yesterday? Best of luck today if that’s on the planner!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...my wife has a gang of hosta’s also but the dogs do a good job of keeping deer off the property...too good.  ;D  What’s on the agenda today?

Never did get the mowing done yesterday so that’s on the agenda first thing while it’s cool out...but first is breakfast with my granddaughter before school, lol.
  Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23522 on: May 20, 2021, 06:01 AM »
54* and sunny.
IFF, had to be great seeing everyone and the new great grandson.
Ice-45 glad Mr Dickens enjoy the visit to The Pines.
WW, you may have already left for the East, heard there is a "Pie Check" set up on the thruway at Amsterdam. Have a good time.
Eddie, good to hear that the garden is about in. Did you enlarge it this year?

I fished about 5 hours yesterday, not a single hit. Marked only ONE fish. Fished from 7 to 32 fow. The good thing, only used 2 worms. Water temp out on the lake 62*. Met the wife and Scout at the launch at 1pm and we took a ride up the river. There was a boat out in front of the house and they were swimming. Got pretty warm out on the water but not that warm.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23523 on: May 20, 2021, 06:05 AM »
Eddie, I see you checked in while I was, sorry but my Amsterdam "Pie Check" is West of yours. I let her keep ONE cookie for you....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23524 on: May 20, 2021, 06:54 AM »
Visit to animal shelter will be delayed some today, a forgotten DR. appointment to deal with  comes first.

Turned out my charging cord was the culprit, thank goodness the charging pad put life back in the battery,  for a bit was told all would be lost if it wouldn't come on.  Has to be on to be able to transfer what contacts were in it.  At least got to look at the newer phones, that are available as upgrades. 

Looks like I better do a little house cleaning, and stow away some things that don't need to be out until they are needed, or I will be stumbling over things.

A trip to a tackle shop sounds like a good idea, something to toss in the salt water when I get to SC  :unsure: but then could just wait and see what the locals use and go from there.  Less to pack along.

checking on 10 day forecast, its going to definitely going to be shorts and T-shirt kind of days with it being in upper 80's
d
time to get some breakfast, and coffee of course.  Maybe spaghetti eggs  ??? and post this before it disappears into some void.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23525 on: May 20, 2021, 07:27 AM »
The Geek Squad got a lot of things cleaned up  but there are still some problems like I can not get on IS through Edge, it is  jumbled up mess. At least I can get on IS using Internet Explore. I prefer it any way.

They picked up my van with the blown brake line yesterday. It was a different  driver. He is the son in law of the owner of the tow company. He had his wife with him. I told her how great a family she was part of. They are the only ones that I will let tow our vehicles.

Bud I lost the two books I had. One was my book with phone numbers, the other had all of my passwords in it. I can not get into my Hotmail any more. I have tried a few times to get that straight with no luck.

I wish you people would QUIT posting pictures of things this diabetic should not be eating.

marv My pointing lab breeder friend is headed to MN for a field trial that one of her dogs is in on the 29th. If the dog can win this one it will be his fifth win. Yesterday was he 59th birthday. She is not taking it well knowing the next one will be her 60th. Dang kids.

eddie Thanks for reminding us that today is the 7th Anniversary of the best thread on the internet with the greatest people on the internet on it.

I have not planted a garden in years as I can not get anything out of a garden any more. I could get a good crop out of the sand ground at the other place but not this ground.

Time to get breakfast and head north for groceries and a new grill as the old on is dying.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23526 on: May 20, 2021, 08:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

68 with rounds of rain expected today. No complaints on the water, good excuse to hang indoor.

WW....safe travels to you both, enjoy the game and visit :thumbsup:

IW.... you are cruising on the wood making :flex: Like Eddie will be looking forward to the maiden voyage :thumbsup:

TT... congratulations and the best of luck you your breeder friend. What an accomplishment with 5 wins :clap: :clap:

h2l....better luck on your next outing :thumbsup:

Eddie....I bet that breakfast will be remembered for some time :thumbsup: I need to get after my lawn also but it looks to be wet for a couple days.

Dave....Thanks for the tornado alert last night. You were right they all stayed south of the jungle :thumbsup:

I was able to get a walk in this morning without getting dumped on. Looking at the radar it would appear we are about to get a good soaking. Not sure what the day will bring yet.

Yesterday my wife got a call from her boss and he said June 1 she is supposed to return to the jungle for work, doing 3 days a week from there and 2 from home. They had quite a conversation, but in the end there was no reasoning with him about being more productive from home. I could tell she was pretty upset over the whole thing.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23527 on: May 20, 2021, 09:21 AM »
This weekend our members in NE CO, NW KS and SW NE need to keep their eyes on the skies.
Going to be some very nasty weather Friday-Sunday.

Was good that your storms stayed South of the jungle Marv.
Could get ugly next week as the low that is going to cause this weekends storms out West moves Northeast into Canada.

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23528 on: May 20, 2021, 09:14 PM »
Good evening another warm day high temperature near eighty and some humidity.Believe i may see some thunder storms on Saturday.
Icefisher best to your wife with her post surgery healing .sorry to read the blood clott and medications will keep you from having the neurostimulator surgery. The Cathedral of the Pines looks like a very scenic place I sure Mr.Dickens enjoyed the different surroundings.
Zcm-28 may you see an extended period of dryer weather. I hope your 5 day Memorial Day Holiday is dry and you can do some fishing.
Ice Wanderer sounds like you are making good progress with the fire wood processing. Guessing prepping the pontoon for the season is next on your to-do list.
Wally may the trip to Ma. have been problem free you and Mr.WW enjoy all the sports games and regatta. Best to your grandchildren and their teammates. please give us NY. 9:45 members some advance notice when you head to your son and DIL's this coming Thanksgiving maybe we can arrange a meet up and exchange some of your pies for food items for our gardens or items for our different regions of the state. H2L could bring some of his Nephew's maple syrup,Eddie some of his pepper jellies and I can bring some apple cider or apples.  ;D ::)
Eddie a good seventh anniversary of the 9:45 same to all the other core group members. deer sure do like Hosta plants one of my cousins battles the herd in her neighborhood every year. She and her husband have their garden enclosed with an eight foot high electric fence to keep the plants from being eaten by wild life.
Hunts2long may your next walleye outing produce better results it was a nice day to take your wife and Scout for a boat ride on the Sacandaga river.
IFF do you have a pet picked out or just seeing what the shelter has available for adoption. May you not have lost to much information stored on your phone.
Tomturkey glad Geek Squad was able to clean up your computer. Happy Birthday wishes sent for your dog breeder friend. Best to her at the field trail.
Whopper Stopper as our nation gets back to some type of normalcy believe many people will be returning to their job sites.
Drifter-016 certainly a mix of weather across the U.S. the next few days snow in the Pacific north west, rain and flooding along the gulf coast and in Southern great plains states and hot weather here in the North East. Have a nice Victoria day weekend.
SpitzoMT-Fish/hunt4ever may you gentlemen not see to much snow from the coming storm.

Everyone stay safe and healthy. A good night to all.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23529 on: May 21, 2021, 05:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 56* and clear here on my hill, I can see the sky has that orangey look, it's going to another hot one. ::)
                          Steve.........It is dry up this way, it got hot fast. :whistle:
                          Wally ........I hope you and Mr. WW have a safe trip east. :thumbsup:
                          Marv..........It seems some businesses are keeping workers at home and others are slowly bringing workers back. It's going to be a
                crazy world for sure. :cookoo:
                          Eddie.........I had it in my mind that our anniversary was close, I should have checked. What a great thread that Raquettdacker/ DOM
                started. It has brought so many people together. Thanks Dom. :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
                          H2l...........It must have felt good getting the boat out, sorry no fish were hungry enough to go after the worms. :whistle:
                          Tom.........Those guys a Geek Squad do great things on computers, glad they got your running better. :clap:
                          Zcm.........Hope fully you will see some dryer conditions soon. :unsure:
                          Well yesterday I had two choices, stack wood or finish blocking the rest of my wood. I chose the latter. I got down to the last piece on
                The stickers and saw that I had 2 log over  the bank, 2 turned turned to 4, they weren't too big so I got my 4 wheeler and tried pulling one at
                a time but the weight of my wheeler wasn't enough so I hooked my wheeler to my truck and pulled them up one at a time. Wood is all blocked up :clap:
                I'm taking the day off, the heat is just to much.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stat safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23530 on: May 21, 2021, 05:25 AM »
Morning all,

Made the trip east problem free, noticing a lot more traffic on the highway now.
Baseball game was a win for “our” team 13-1 !!!
Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23531 on: May 21, 2021, 05:48 AM »
58* and looks like another warm day. Too early in the season for mid 80's.
IW, glad you were able to get the logs back on top of the bank. Yes, it was nice to be back out on the lake. A lot of docks going into the lake.
WW, our last trip to NYC we saw the same, more cars and many more people on the streets. Glad you had a good trip and "way to go" team.
Mr. C, the fishing can only get better.
WS, I bet many people got use to working from home and I am sure that "good" employees got "more " done at home.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23532 on: May 21, 2021, 06:22 AM »

62 and drizzle. Mr. Muggy packed enough stuff to make it through the weekend.

IW.... Good idea taking a day off from the wood making :thumbsup:

WW....Congratulations to the team :clap: :clap: Talk about an old fashion horse whipping :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

h2l....enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Eddie...thanks for the reminder about the 9:45. Like others have said and like TT always says "The best thread on the internet" :clap: :clap:

Time is short this morning. Both my wife and myself have early morning hair pruning appointments first thing.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep heathy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23533 on: May 21, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunny and 64* at the moment, another warm one coming up, high of 84 today.

Marv...that’s to bad about your wife having to return to the office again, especially being more productive from home. Maybe management will see the benefit of the current work situation before long and switch it back...best wishes to Jo.   :thumbsup:
  H2...better luck finding those walleyes next trip out!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s to the team, talk about a spanking!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...great job on the woodpile, glad you’re taking it easy today.  :thumbsup:  This early heat wave sucks...got fried again yesterday.
  Steve...we could definitely use some rain. Took a peak at my 10 forecast, not seeing much of anything here until next weekend but at looks like  the temperatures will be a little better.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...are you starting to see some warmer weather yet up your way?
  Tom...hope the van brake line job is an easy fix and your not waiting long to get it back.  :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad the charge cord fixed your problems, good deal.  :clap:  Keep us posted about that new pup!

So far so good with the garden. Thought for sure I was going to lose a few plants with the sun blazing the last few days, but everything looks ok at the moment.
  Got my lawn all caught up yesterday less the weed whacking...taking care of that shortly and thinking some burgers on the grill for lunch is in order, maybe a few cold ones.   ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23534 on: May 21, 2021, 08:49 AM »
Long weekend coming up here in Canuckistan!!!! 
Weather looking good with highs from the high 40's to low 60's.

Seems I just can't catch a break though. Was working on the SxS on Wednesday after work and tweaked my shoulder aggravating an old dirt biking injury.  :'(
Gonna be hard this weekend as I'm swapping out the tracks for wheels on the SxS as well as some other work around the home.

Luckily I had some meds in the medicine cabinet to take the edge off the pain. Still have 1/2 a bottle of Tylonol with Codeine from a dental job that I didn't need to use.

Too much work to do to lay around the house in pain.  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23535 on: May 21, 2021, 11:18 AM »
Dang Dave......hope you get feeling better soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23536 on: May 21, 2021, 01:40 PM »

Dave........As we get older things don't heal like when we were younger. I hope you take a day and rest your shoulder, a day makes a big difference

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23537 on: May 21, 2021, 08:15 PM »
IDK Jeff, for me taking a day to rest anything it doesn't want to wake up  :roflmao: Just takes longer.''

Dave did you get in any fishing during your ice season ??

Pulled the cover off the roof A/C unit and found why the fan was not starting, the foam pieces that channel the hot air out both came off from the guess it was double sided tape had caught in the fan blades.  Works good now with the help of some Gorilla Glue.

My neighbor messaged me saying she got a call from Code enforcement that someone was complaining about trash cans left out, and along side of their garage.  Just so happens to be the day for pickup.   :cookoo:  Some people can't mind their own business LOL
Bud

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23538 on: May 21, 2021, 10:43 PM »
Good evening like many in he North eastern U.S. it was warm here today with high temperature in the middle eighties tomorrow's forecast is similar. I agree to quick of a warm up been running on of my AC units  as temperature in my apartment is reaching close to eighty degrees at times.
Ice Wanderer glad you had a way to get the logs back up over the bank. If this dry weather last through the memorial day weekend i hope people are careful with any outside fires.
Wallyworld good to read you had a problem free trip to MA. as Covid related travel restrictions have ended traffic volume is increasing on roadways. Congratulations on winning the baseball game.
Hunts2long with he nicer weather and easing /ending of some of the Covid regulations more people are traveling and resuming pre-pandemic activities. I'm seeing fewer people wearing face masks when out for walks hope there will not be an increase in infection numbers over the summer.
Whopper Stopper may the hair pruning have you and your wife's heads feeling cooler. good to read the coming weekend will seee  less muggy weather conditions for you.
Eddie may you plants survive this heat wave and you not have to start over with the garden.
Drifter happy for you Spring weather is finally arriving in the Yellow Knife area. May the tylonol help you deal with the shoulder pain so you can get some items knocked off your to do list this weekend.
IFF nice that you could fix the roof AC unit problem.Someone may have lost track as to what day of the week it is or has a problem with neighbor whose trash cans were left by their garage so they called city code enforcement office.
Have a good night. best to all fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23539 on: May 22, 2021, 12:42 AM »
Steve, i may be mistaken but when it comes to trash pickups, there I believe 5 different company's that have routes in the neighborhood.  That's how I know its Tuesday, because my neighbor directly across my street has his out for collection. Next to him, its Thursday for a recycling pickup LOL

No wonder the "Kids" ages (60), sleep till 10 or eleven, its past midnight  :whistle: I am parked right next to their living room window, that is open, as well as mine, amazing how sound travels at night.  :whistle: ::) so much for quiet time  :roflmao: :woot: shouldn't say things like that. :nono:

Eddie, I decided to pass on the puppy, and wait until getting home from all the traveling I want to get in while I am this mobile, I hope someone with the proper time for obedience training, gets him, they can sure be a hand full, at that age.

think I will find something to snack on.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23540 on: May 22, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 64* this am, high around 80 again today.

Bud... glad you were able to fix the AC unit, that will be a big plus when head South!  :thumbsup:  Understand 100% about passing on the pup, definitely a big commitment and much needed time for training etc.
  Steve... I haven’t run the AC yet, but putting in the window units has been added to my to do list, lol...maybe tomorrow. The garden is still holding its own, lost one lettuce plant yesterday...no great loss.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...that sucks about hurting your shoulder, hopefully the Tylenol helps.    Have definitely noticed over the last few years the healing takes longer as mentioned...hope you kick it down a gear this weekend, best wishes sent your way!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...best of luck to the teams this weekend, hope you’re having a great visit!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...did you start any of your plants yet in the garden?

Baseball game this am for my granddaughter and believe most everyone will be stopping by later today to sing Happy Birthday to one of my daughters....who turns the big 30 today!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Heading out to give the garden a drink before the temperatures rise....Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23541 on: May 22, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....happy birthday to your daughter!!

IFF....good to hear you were able to fix the ac  :)

WS....sorry to see MrsWS will be returning to the office soon  :(

No games yesterday, soccer and a regatta today  ;)

Have a good day.  Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23542 on: May 22, 2021, 05:42 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                            It's 64* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Bud........Good idea not getting a pup while traveling, house breaking one is a tough job better to do at home. :flex:
                            Steve.....You're right as this warm weather has brought out a lot of people, I drove through the village of Lake George
                  yesterday and you'd think it was a weekend in July. :cookoo: I know the governor has loosened up on mask wearing and businesses
                  opening but with only 58% vaccinated I wonder if it's to soon. :unsure:
                            Eddie......I'm glad to read that your plants survived the heat and sun. Just thionk if you were at work how would all this yard
                  work get done? ???
                            H2l.........Yes it's to early for 80+* next back to the 70's but I think it's going to be a hot summer, my educated guess. :whistle:
                            Wally......I'm glad you made it out to see the game, are there more tan one this weekend? ???
                            Tom........I hope they can get you brake lines fixed without waiting for parts to come in, it seems everything is slower. :cookoo:
                            I met with fishing buddy Jon for lunch and he brought me some plants for our garden, today my #2 son is coming up to help spread
                  some top soil then I will get my plants in. The zucchini and squash plants I started from seed have flowers on them, I'll pinch them off
                  and get them in the ground.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23543 on: May 22, 2021, 06:28 AM »
65* no wind, going to be another warm one.
Mr. C, the DEC has a fire warning sign at the launch. Last week it was at Moderate, Lindsay said "you don't see that very often". Most of the time it is at Low. Very little water flowing in the creeks.
Eddie, have fun at the game and Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23544 on: May 22, 2021, 06:45 AM »

Eddie......HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter. :clap:

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23545 on: May 22, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Well rained most the day yesterday and some rain this morning so far, back at work today and then fly tomorrow, guess the double time day to travel will not be too bad, uncle Sam will really like the taxes off this next check.  Well guess I better get back to it so I can get home and spend some time with the family before I head out again tomorrow, have a great weekend everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23546 on: May 22, 2021, 08:37 AM »

71 heading to an ugly 85 later today.

Eddie...Happy Birthday to your daughter :clap: :clap: Enjoy the game.

IW... it's nice that #2 will give you a hand spreading some topsoil :thumbsup:

WW....It sounds like you are having a good visit :thumbsup: My wife knew it was coming. She was just hoping they would rather have her getting more work done from home instead of sitting in traffic 3 hours a day :cookoo:

Time to hit the lawn and get it buzzed before more rain moves in.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23547 on: May 22, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Bud
Not a single hole did I drill this winter.  :'(

Steve
Spent the last couple of days in a painkiller fog but feel better now.
  :)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23548 on: May 22, 2021, 10:14 AM »
Good late Morning ER's    Bud if your still looking for those boat parts it looks like there is some on craigslist madison under boat parts add date is 5/11 has pic     

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23549 on: May 22, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Dave, I don't know if you have tried them, but ALEVE works wonders for me with all my aches and pains!! They won't leave you in a fog!! :thumbsup: ;)2 :bow: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.