Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1606933 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23340 on: May 02, 2021, 09:36 PM »
 Good evening sunny day with 10 to 15 mph winds at times  reached the upper seventies during early afternoon hours. Weather guessers calling for occasional rain showers tomorrow during daylight hours and steady rain overnight. Happy all of you enjoyed the lacrosse update for the colleges in my area of NY.
Ice Wanderer good work getting your lawn mowed. May you receive the fire wood delivery before temperature and humidity level gets to high .
Eddie seems Old Man Winter is slow in leaving this year. may your granddaughter have fun with the kitten . Your daughter should have your granddaughter help with Matilda's feeding and care.
Wallyworld congratulations on completing the blocking of the logs and getting lawn mowed. May all of the rain not cause the grass to grow to high in the soggy spots of your lawn. Hopefully Newburgh's boys varsity lacrosse team will be more competitive in future games. This is my humble opinion the lack of a JV and modified/freshmen teams until 2019 and no youth lacrosse programs in towns and city take make up the school district has hurt the performance of both Boy's and Girl's teams over the years.
Hunts2long to bad that you do not receive cell phone service at your home may things work out and your phone number remain the same. Good man dog sitting while your wife and Lindsay hit the garage sales.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read your wife eye surgery went well best to her during the recovery period. Congratulations to your friend and you on catching the eight fis. I assume they were tout or walleyes.

Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23341 on: May 03, 2021, 04:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Now that the trip to Tennessee is in the books, now back in southern Wisconsin, My daughter drove her car down to also scout out land for her family as well Driving through the night parked to get some rest, and as it was late did not drop off the friend, come morning was going to go to a picnic area on top of what they call a mountain. finding my self on a narrow road, at least for this 30 foot Motor Home of an RV on what turned out to be the end of the road.  Stopping at what looked like a wide turn around space was about to get the Blackstone grill out to make breakfast, when a rather beat up picked pulled up.  They seeing the Colorado license plates had to be thinking I was lost, which I was really,  as the google map had lead me astray.  Invited us to continue on to his home and park in his driveway.  Turns out when I mention we were looking for land to buy he said that he knew of some of what I then described.  Not only that but some that he owns .  To shorten what happened next was he could possibly be the biggest land owner in that county, and several counties in Southern Tennessee.  I was amazed at his home hidden so far back in what had to have been at one time a moonshiners hideaway.  Complete with not only a spring feed lake but stone work that rivals ancient stone works like what could be described as only made possible with the aid of alien beings. ( Machu Picchu )comes to mind.  When talking with people in town, that I was offered some land and where it was, they said I have to be kidding, and that I must have made quite and impression on him. That he would even offer someone to be his neighbor. 

The drive north was and adventure fighting strong winds for most of Illinois,  Temp upon arrival was, had to be at least 80*  Arriving at approximately 2:00PM got some sleep waking to a nice cool down to 63* around 9:30PM put on disk #3 of 6, of James A Michener's made for TV series "Centennial" 

Will take a couple days to visit with family, then back to Colorado got lots to do in the way of getting the house ready to sell.  Think I am sold on making the move.  Only time will tell.

Got caught up on what posts I missed the last couple days  and glad there was not a lot of bad news.

Now to enjoy some good sleeping weather, and get on with a new day.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23342 on: May 03, 2021, 05:04 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                             It's 49* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::) Showers for today. ::)
                             Bad.......That guy you met sounds like an interesting guy, are you going to take him up on his offer?
                             Eddie....No snow here, I think the wind helped with keeping it at bay. :unsure:
                             Wally....Good job on getting all the wood blocked up, now for the splitting and stacking. :thumbsup: :flex:
                             Steve...I got a text from the wood guy and he said sometime this week. :clap:
                             Marv....Yum, Crappie dinner. You can't beat it. :thumbsup:
                             Fish.....Good job on landing more eyes. :flex:
                             H2l......Your a good man watching Rocky while your wife and Lindsay go garage selling. :thumbsup:
                             I knocked out some more on the wife's To-Do list, only a few more things left.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23343 on: May 03, 2021, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 49* this am, rain coming in this afternoon again, high of 60.

Jeff...good luck finishing off the list today....only problem with that is the new one that always seems to follow!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Bud...excellent story, had me on the edge of my seat there for a moment when the beat up truck pulled up!  ;D  Sounds like it was your lucky day to me and a very beautiful spot! Congratulations and best wishes everything works out for you if that’s on your planner!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...Kennidy seems to be a good little helper so far with the kitten!   :thumbsup:
  FH4... congrats on the fishing and great news on your wife, best wishes sent to her on a full recovery soon!   :thumbsup:
  H2...more rain on the way will help the reservoir this week. Will be looking forward to your trips soon!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...nice job finishing off the blocking!  :clap:  The rain moved in before I got my my lawn done yesterday, looks like a waiting game with the weather this week.

Off to start an inside fireplace renovation for my daughter shortly. Someone had tiled it and it looks pretty crappy...going to stone veneer it and make it look like a fireplace again.  ;D   Cawfee’s on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23344 on: May 03, 2021, 05:34 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....sounds like fate played a hand in google getting you lost  :whistle: 

H2L.....sorry MrsH2 and Lindsay didn't find any treasures  :(

MrC....starting a sport in high school others have played for years definitely is a huge disadvantage, too bad there isn't a youth league for the kids  :-\

FH4.....congrats on the fishing  :clap:  best wishes to MrsFH4 for a speedy complete recovery  ;)

WS....what adventures do you have planned for this week  ???

Eddie.....really hoping winter is TOTALLY behind us now  :-\

IW.....took a walk thru the woods yesterday marking trees for the next log pile, discovered the blackflies have awoken  :%$#!:

Finally saw my first hummingbird of the season yesterday  :thumbsup:

Looks like another 1/2" in the rain gauge this morning  :blink:  more on the way  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23345 on: May 03, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning ER's !!

27° when I left the house, thick frost & very foggy which made for a slower trip to work. Forecasted to reach a high of 53° today.

Looks like a busy day here at work & the rest of the week looks to be the same.

Get my 2nd dose of the Phizer vaccine tomorrow, so I hope it goes as well as the first one did.

Hope you all had a great weekend & have a good day today as well. STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23346 on: May 03, 2021, 05:56 AM »
48* and cloudy.
WW, good going on the wood pile.
IFF, I guess you never know what awaits down the next road.

I think I would rather watch a "wild pack" of dogs before going to a garage sale. I did see one boat out front and I think they were casting the shoreline for bass.
Have a good Monday and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #23347 on: May 03, 2021, 08:16 AM »
Morning, All

Cloudy, 60*, supposed to get to 70*, chance of rain today, definitely rain for tomorrow

I.F.F. - You & I are racking up the mileage with the road trips - Pull the trigger, make the move to Tenn., the new scenery is the start of a new chapter, it has already started
          with making a friend of 1 of the locals

Mrs. W.W. - You are correct, I can't wait for the road trips back and forth to NJ to be over, I'm giving names to the rough road spots-been over them enough times that they
                  are old friends now - How is the wood pile shaping up?

I got everything done on the 'chore list' except the trailer work-lights & the tail gate locking pins, today is paperwork day-plenty of it to do too

Time for more coffee & a bite - be back later

Be Safe
Stay Warm or Cool
Have Fun
Tight Lines
Records & Limits
Safe Travels
Good Eats & Drink
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Get Well Soon
Thoughts & Prayers

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23348 on: May 03, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Wrll started raining last night and still sprinkling so far this morning everything is looking good and starting to get green. Some of the trees are starting to get some flowers on them and the leaves are starting to grow. Spring has sprung it looks like. Got the minnows moved over to the ditch to see how that goes this year. Just have to make sure they do not silt in. The wife still having dilation in her eye and having light sensitivity but getting better by the day. Welcome to may everyone going to be a busy one for me. My coworker will be here with me for today and tomorrow then he goes over to his taxidermy show this week and the off to Ohio. Then towards the end I switch with him until I come home on the wife's b day. Have a good start to the week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23349 on: May 03, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

51 heading to 6o by afternoon. The big weather event today will be the 35mph winds by noon through the night.

Bud.... Good story, may things work out for you :thumbsup: You just never know when the stars are going to align. Not too surprising that you would make a good impression on a person :thumbsup:

IW.... Good going hammering through the list :thumbsup:

Eddie... Good luck with the fireplace renovation. Hope you take a few pictures before and after :thumbsup:

WW.... I am watching intently for any hummingbirds around here. No big adventures this week ;D I have heard rumblings that Thursday I am going with the s-i-l fishing in WI. She bought a brand new kayak so I would use her old one. Her main interest is bass, not sure what's all in the lake. I guess when I am told that "I am going" I should listen.

I was able to get a walk in before the wind kicked up. I am heading out to throw some wood on my dump trailer. I think I have a cord of odds and ends that I can haul to the shack. If I do, then I will haul it up tomorrow and take care of the tipped trees before they hit something.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23350 on: May 03, 2021, 10:31 AM »
Well winter seems to be coming to an end up here in the great white North.
Highs above freezing as far as you go. It means the ice is sure to go fairly quickly, although the ice is still over 4 feet thick at this point. Should still be able to get a couple more weeks out to the cabin though. Then I can do some stuff around the house.

Took it easy at the cabin this weekend. Took out 800#'s of pellets for the stove and on Sunday went Paul Bunyan on a bunch of trees lining my trail. Going to take the SxS out next weekend and have some fun with it.
  ;D

Almost forgot to mention we have a COVID outbreak going on in town. Two schools have multiple cases and they have shut down the schools. Hundreds of people are now isolating. They aren't saying but I believe it has to do with the earlier cases a week or so ago. One of the schools is where the one family member goes and she went to school after her isolation was done but she had the Rona with no symptoms. The other school has to be connected I would think. Anyway we under a mandatory mask mandate, all schools are closed and only essential travel into and out of town is advised.
It's the UK variant that's making the rounds.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23351 on: May 03, 2021, 09:46 PM »
Good evening weather guessers were right raining outside currently. Took a friend to his eye doctor appointment earlier this evening no change to his vision since last visit. Doctor dilated his eyes so i was asked to drive to and from doctor's office.
IFF nice that a chance meeting has given you a connection in Tennessee who maybe willing to sell you some of his land holdings.
Ice Wanderer good to read your firewood should be delivered next week.
Eddie good little Kennidy is helping with the new kitten may her interest not fade over time Matilda could still be a family member when Kennidy reaches he teenage years so a big commitment for your daughter's family. Good Dad renovating the fireplace. :clap: :thumbsup:
Wallyworld thank you for the photo enjoy all the birds that visit your feeder. I agree about not playing a sport until high school years puts one at a disadvantage when facing other who have played that sport since earlier in their youth. There is the Mid Hudson Lacrosse league which does have a Newburgh area team sadly like Ice hockey lacrosse is an expensive sport to play so many of Newburgh's inner city families can not afford the costs occurred if their child were to play.
Hunts2long we all have different interests I'm not a big garage sale person either but many people enjoy the thrill of possibly finding a bargain price item.
Capt. Jim good work knocking most of the items off of your chore list.
Fish/hunt4evwer glad you are starting to see sings of Spring around your home.
Whopper Stopper may all go well if you get to the shack tomorrow Enjoy the fishing trip on Thursday. I thought your SIL only purchased a new kayak last year or was that your wife.
Drifter must be nice to see some warmer temperature and sings of Spring up there in the Great White North. May the lake ice hold up until you have everything you need for this Summer's projects out at the cabin. Have fun with the SXS this coming weekend. Sorry to hear there is a Covid outbreak be careful in your travels around town.

Everyone keep up the good work and stay healthy.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23352 on: May 04, 2021, 05:12 AM »

Good morning ER's
                         It's 44* with light rain falling. ::) So what's new. lol :roflmao:
                         Eddie.........I hope the fireplace renovation went well. :flex:
                         Wally..........Yesterd ay was a better day than forecasted so I took advantage of the day and tilled the garden area, and yes the
                blackflies came out here also. :%$#!:  Pesty little creatures. :cookoo:
                         Marv..........I hope your wood hauling to "The Shack" goes as planned. :thumbsup:
                         Dave.........I hope you can escape the Rona this time around, stay safe. :flex:
                         Steve........Good job helping your friend, I guess I should have my wife go with me when I go to the Eye Guy. Never thought of it. :blink:
                         H2l...........My sentiments exactly about garage sales. :whistle:
                         Today the new broadband is being installed here. Not much going on.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23353 on: May 04, 2021, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 48* here this am, high of 59 today.

Jeff...hope all goes well with the installation today!   :clap:
  Steve...nice job helping out your friend with the transportation, best wishes to him regaining his vision soon.   :thumbsup:  Had most all of the materials to do the fireplace leftover from jobs, so it will be a win/win for both of us!   ;D
  Dave...will definitely be looking forward to your SxS adventure!  :clap:  Sorry to read about the Covid outbreak, hope they can keep it under control.
  Marv...have a safe trip to the shack today if that’s on the planner, and best of luck to you both with the fishing trip Thursday!  :thumbsup:
  FH4... glad the weather is finally making a turn out there...won’t be long before we’re complaining about the heat again, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Capt. J...hope you got the paperwork caught up yesterday... hope the trailer fix goes well for you.   :thumbsup:
  H2...thought of you yesterday driving by one of our local reservoirs...no shortage of water there, filled up to the brim and running over the dam wall.
  Spitz....good luck with the 2nd vaccination today, sounds like another busy week for you....hopefully it goes by fast.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I’ve been keeping an eye out for the hummingbirds, no sightings yet. Any fishing plans this week? 

Got all the tile removed on the fireplace yesterday and made a trip to a local quarry to get a hearthstone. Set that, so today I can start laying some stones. Time to get moving...Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23354 on: May 04, 2021, 05:39 AM »
48* fog and light rain.
Eddie, GSL is slowly coming up. Still has about 3 or 4 feet to go but she will make it. There has been a lot of rain but most has been to the South.
Drifter, have fun with the SxS.
Mr. C, wife did find something for me at a garage sale back in the early 90's. A used Troy-Built tiller. She took me to look at it, I bought it for $100 bucks and have used it since. Also one year she came home with a (what looked like new) an Orvis trout net. She paid .50 cents for it and it listed for $75.00. Just too many people for me to get into it.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23355 on: May 04, 2021, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope all goes well at the shack today  :flex:  safe travels   :)

Spitz.....good luck with today's shot  ;)

Eddie....kudos for the fireplace renovation  :bow:  you Dad's are the best  :thumbsup: :clap:

IW.....the weatherman's forecast for yesterday was WAY off  :wacko:  it turned out that it WOULD HAVE been a nice day to fish  :%$#!:

MrC.....very nice of you to give your friend a ride  :bow:  it's too bad money ends up playing such a big role in kid's sports  ::)

Drifter......sorry to hear there's another round of covid in your area  :'(   glad you're vaccinated  :thumbsup:

Another rainy day with nothing much planned  :-\   MIGHT be able to get some fishing in Thursday or Friday if the forecast holds out  @)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23356 on: May 04, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone !!

34° at the house with a rain/snow mix. Headed to 53° for a high.

Another busy day at work & looks like we'll be working overtime Friday.

Have a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23357 on: May 04, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

42 with a stiff north wind making the furnace kick on this morning.

It sounds like everyone is keeping busy :thumbsup:

I have everything ready to go for my run to the shack. I have to wait around for an 8:30 rheumatologist video chat before I can hit the road. If I go to the clinic the Dr is always 1/2 hr late. Now that he is working from his house he is usually 45 minutes late ???

mr.clean.... I can't keep up with the kayak purchases. I think my wife got hers last year, the s-i-l the year before. I know the s-i-l has 4 and my wife has 2.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23358 on: May 04, 2021, 04:16 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

It was a cool 50 degrees at the shack, of course the rain (the guessers screwed that one up) and wind didn't help. I was able to fill the woodshed with enough wood that we should now be good for 2 seasons if nobody steals it. I was also able to get the two tipped poplars down without any problems. I got them cut up and piled by the fire pit, all that's left to do is crack them with the maul.

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23359 on: May 04, 2021, 09:54 PM »
Good evening received some rain overnight, sunny and dry today believe more rain is forecast for later in the week. I see NY.NJ. and CT> are lifting Covid mandates on May19TH hopefully we do not see problems in late June or July.
Ice Wanderer may all have gone well with the broadband installation.
Eddie my friends vision is fine other then needing to wear eyeglasses. In my experience once you reach fifty many eye doctors like to dilate your pupils when giving the yearly exam this makes your eyes more sensitive to light and the drugs used for dilation take a few hours to wear off so that is why i took my friend to his appointment. Nice that you already had some of the materials need for your daughter fireplace renovation.
Hunts2long I think that is part of the appeal of garage sales to some people don't know what you will find and be able to purchase at a bargain price of course a lot depends on how badly the owner what to sell.
Wallyworld it is sad that some children can not play organized sports because of all the costs. May you be able to get out fishing later this week.
SpitzoMT sorry to hear you will not have a three day weekend.
Whopper Stopper thanks for the info. on the "Girls" kayaks. Glad in spite of the weather you were able to get the poplars down and firewood to the shack nice that your trailer has a dump feature makes unloading the wood easier.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23360 on: May 05, 2021, 04:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 52* and raining, what else is new. ::)
                        Marv........Good job getting the wood stacked and the trees cut and split for campfire wood. :thumbsup: :flex:
                        Wally........You almost have to be ready to go fishing everyday, the guessers are so far off on their forecast. :cookoo:
                        Eddie........Good going on the fireplace, hope you didn't get rained out yesterday. :unsure:
                        Steve........The broadband installation went smooth as silk. The guy showed up at 8am and was done by 10. Everything is so much
                faster. :thumbsup: :clap:
                        H2l............I'm like you, I don't want to deal with the people. Not only that I don't want to buy anything that I might need down the road.
                 Stuff takes up too much space. :blink:
                        Dave..........I hope you are well up in the great north? ???
                        Looks like another rainy day here on my hill, so I'll need to find something to do to fill the day.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW
                  IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23361 on: May 05, 2021, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Looking like off and on showers for most of the morning here today, drizzle and fog, 50* with a high of 55 today.

Jeff... glad to read everything went smoothly with your installation yesterday, excellent!  :clap:   Hope you find something to keep you busy today with this crappy weather... I have a garage in desperate need of a major cleaning if you need something to do today?   ;D
  Steve...I look at states like Florida and Texas that have been open for quite awhile with less cases than states locked down and scratch my head about all this. Hopefully people will use their heads and practice safety...I know I’m ready to see some normalcy again.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the pictures, nice job on the firewood and getting the trees down!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Ready for tomorrow’s fishing trip?
  Spitz...have a good day, hopefully Friday won’t be too bad with the OT.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...X2 on Jeff’s reply, lol, it’s a shame when the guessers are way off! Best of luck with the forecast holding up tomorrow...we need some fish porn!   :thumbsup:
  H2...looking like more rain off and on over the next 10 days on my weather app. Is the boat ready to start the new season?   :thumbsup:

Had a good day yesterday, got quite a bit accomplished until there was a power failure at my daughters house around 2pm, lol. Not sure what the problem was, but there were several power company trucks along her road when I called it quits.  Back at it again this morning, should be wrapped up by tomorrow. 
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23362 on: May 05, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

34 heading to 55.

IW....Glad the installation went well :thumbsup:

Eddie....Good to read you got a lot  accomplished on your project :thumbsup: Not sure on the fishing trip. Frost warnings in the morning and breezy. Wouldn't be bad in the boat, not the best in a kayak.

WW.... Hope things get dried out for you and warmer temps move in.

I think I am going to give the lawn it's first buzz today if it doesn't rain. If I don't it will be Monday before I will have time.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23363 on: May 05, 2021, 06:17 AM »
54* cloudy and drizzle.
WS, good job with the wood pile. Can't say I miss it, other than the smell of it once in awhile.
Eddie, the boat takes about a day to get ready to go. Early season, me a little longer. The has come up some and I am seeing a lot of junk floating. Talked to a guy coming off the lake on Sunday and he said surface temp was 48* out on the lake. Said he marked a few fish, but no takers.
WW, good luck if you get out.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23364 on: May 05, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....nice work at the shack  :flex:  how did your video appointment go  ???  hope you get to hit the lake tomorrow, Mother Nature sure can mess up your plans  ::)

Eddie.....fingers crossed there will be pics of the finished project  ;)2

MrC....a bit surprising to see all the mandates will be lifted, still quite a few events around here being canceled for this summer  :unsure: guess time will tell  :blink:

IW.....glad to hear the new install has quickened things up for you  :thumbsup: if it isn't pouring down rain keeping us off the lake, it's gale force winds  >:(

H2L.....walleye bite will be better when the water warms up a bit  :whistle:

Looks like almost 3/4" of rain in the gauge this morning  :%$#!:  more on tap today  :pinch:  seeing all the standing water on the lawn I would guess we've more than made up for any lack of snow pack  @)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #23365 on: May 05, 2021, 08:24 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

40*, supposed to be getting to the low 70's, clear, no wind at present

W.S. - The wood shanties look good

Mrs. W.W. - Hope the water drains quickly, wet grass is a pain to cut, good luck fishing if & when you get out

Mason - Any of the grandkids helping Grandpa with the work?

I.W. - Anything need to be organized in the basement or shed? - Glad the new service is working well

H2L - At least you aren't spending time on the water for a boat ride, getting reports from people coming off the water - Floating debris-yuck-just something else to clog
         the motor

SpitzoMt - Do you think you will ever get time to fish this year, with all the O.T. your working?

Had a small family emergency here Monday-Tuesday with Andrew, had the grandkids here both days, that put a dent into my paperwork not getting done :P, need to get
     it finished before I can go back to NJ for another load, emergency was a logistics thing, he had to work a priority job that wasn't in the schedule and Ellie & I watched the
     kids while Suzy(d.i.l.) was in school (college), always something

Time for a bite to eat & another cup

Be Safe
Stay Warm or Cool
Have Fun
Tight Lines
Records & Limits
Safe Travels
Good Eats & Drink
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Get Well Soon
Thoughts & Prayers
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23366 on: May 05, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Had to make a quick trip into the office yesterday and found that the city is a ghost town with the COVID panic going on.
The roads were deserted along with most of the parking lots.
On Monday we had a new KFC open up. Our last one closed in 2015 and we've been without since.
The line up fer chicken was 60 cars long!!! People in the North love their KFC.  ;)
I'm dying for some myself but waiting for the hype to die down. LOL

Temps around 50 degrees for the next week and then in the 40's the following week.
Lows around the freezing mark during that time.

OH, and we can blame this whole COVID outbreak on a frigging grad dress!!!!
Person zero just had to have a nice grad dress so the whole family went South to Alberta to purchase it and brought back the Rona along with the dress. So now they have a new dress but all the schools are closed and more than likely the grads will be canceled so how did that trip work out for ya honey?   ::)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23367 on: May 05, 2021, 05:15 PM »
A memorial grad* Dave ??
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23368 on: May 05, 2021, 06:15 PM »
A memorial grad* Dave ??

High school grad.
She just had to have that grad dress and the fam took her South to Alberta (one of the worst spots in Canada for the Rona right now) and now there are about 30 high schoolers in 2 high schools infected with the Rona at last count. Haven't heard todays #'s. There are about 1,000 people isolating due to the outbreak as well. Including 13 of my coworkers and 11 students at the college.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23369 on: May 05, 2021, 08:31 PM »
There are a lot of events, and happenings so far that I would rather not remember.  And no you don't get 3 guesses  :P

While I was camping I thought I had my lap top able to log into the internet via my I-phone.  Started out just fine, created a large post, only to have it get dumped as the internet link, (Via Wifi) had disconnected, and never was able to get to hook back up. 
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.