Author Topic: All nighter  (Read 6125 times)

Offline johnnylimit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: All nighter
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2005, 08:28 AM »
Good question about the outhouse :o What do the do in the villages that you see on the ice.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Its dark...chum the hole if legal ;)2. Or feed the coyotes.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:16 PM »
The way to go is to have a cabin on the ice and fish from inside, we put reflective tape on the tip ups and hit em with a spot light every 10-15mins. Been plenty of doubles, gets a bunch of drunks tripping all over the ice. Harder to do in Canada with the limits on lines, but better cabins.
Yes we have crappie fish on chat. one night I guy got on the radio and said the dec was coming with dogs. Best have been plenty of guys with things they did not want em to see guys were running all over the place.
No DEC I guess Aprils fools day came in March!!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:30 PM »
This is one thing I have not done yet  and planning to do this season.   One thing i'm kind of afraid of though is getting hit by someone on a sled or a quad when i'm in my portable.  I've seen guys driving across the lake with no lights  and that looked pretty messed up.   I could also have light out but then I had few times when some snowmobilers were using me for a marker and drive around me. Like moth to a fire.  pretty annoying 'cause i was setting up for walleye.  I think I'll just get a lantern going and stay longer after dark this year.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:41 PM »
When I do all nighters I fish all night and go home in the morning and sleep (I worked 3rd shift for years).  If it is an all weekend trip I sleep in the back of my Explorer with a sleeping bag.  If I get cold I just start it up and run the heater a while.  My house is closer than the nearest hotel so that would be foolish.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.