Author Topic: ESKIMO Shark Auger Blade  (Read 1095 times)

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
ESKIMO Shark Auger Blade
« on: Sep 13, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Does anyone have a line on either a 8" or 10" blade (no power head) just the auger blade for the Eskimo Shark series Augers? I am looking for one, maybe someone with a 8" who wants to go to a 10"??

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ESKIMO Shark Auger Blade
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2012, 08:00 PM »
I know you can buy a replacement bit (the drill portion) directly from Eskimo.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2012, 08:29 PM »
I know you can buy a replacement bit (the drill portion) directly from Eskimo.

Ya I am looking at spending less than the $150 from Eskimo, would like to grab one for about half that if there is one out there.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2012, 08:35 PM »
I'll keep my eyes open but I think the shipping costs from the Pennsylvania U.S.A. would be pretty expensive.  What about checking at your local sporting goods stores?  I don't know if it's an item they carry regularly but a thought.  Also what about repair shops that work on augers, maybe someone brought one in that has a bad motor and you could get a deal that way.  I think all the bits have the same size female connection to the power head but I could be wrong.  I can't see an auger company making different size bit connections and don't think they do because if I'm not mistaken all the extensions are the same for all Eskimo models.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I just checked Eskimo's website and all the extensions fit all the aguers so all the female connections to the powerheads are the same size.  At least that'll help you out since you don't have to worry about getting a bit for the exact same model auger as you have.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2012, 04:20 PM »
You can buy the auger flighting from wholesale sports here in Saskatoon. I have an 8 inch attached to my Z71 now and it cooks through the ice when the blades are sharp :P. Wore them out on last mountain lake now I need to find someone local to sharpen them.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2012, 06:11 PM »
My last 10" i bought a factory second from moreoutdoor4you that is eskimos warehouse for $80 i think. It had a paint smudge. Not sure how bad shipping would be, but i would check it out if i was you.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2012, 08:29 PM »
You can buy the auger flighting from wholesale sports here in Saskatoon. I have an 8 inch attached to my Z71 now and it cooks through the ice when the blades are sharp :P. Wore them out on last mountain lake now I need to find someone local to sharpen them.

I'll have to call them tomorrow and see what they have in stock and maybe order something in. Also sent an email to Canadian Tire to see if they could get Eskimo parts as I have a $150 gift card for there.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 AM »
It wasn't till November when wholesale got their auger flightings in and they only had 3 when I got mine but I'll keep an eye out for you, they aren't the best costumer service around. I was tempted to buy a mako just together the auger size I wanted till I found out the flightings were for sale at wholesale last year.

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2012, 06:29 AM »
Strikemaster will also work on an eskimo, you may have to drill out hte hole to fit.  I have a strikemaster and boght a 6" Eskimo that I drilled out to fit my strikemaster.  I prefer that over the 8" for panfish and Walleyes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.