Author Topic: Location Location Location ???  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Location Location Location ???
« on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:44 PM »
I'v seen this more then once where someone askes a question and it goes world wide
here the heck are you from ???
Are you hiding from someone ??? or maybe its the wife..
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Location Location Location ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:58 PM »
location?

It's super easy to figure out when you add a location to your profile!! Go do it if you have not already!

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:10 PM »
This was also started on UMO.Is that where you got this from????? Next thing i knew a pic of my farm place was on the screen so don't give out to much info.Won't do that again.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:15 PM »
What us UMO?

No black helicopter pilots are employed or contracted by Iceshanty. ;D

Even just the state/province in your profile is better than nothing.

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:17 PM »
I don't need to have your address...but state and county would be nice!

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:17 AM »
Why would you need to know a persons location if they haven't asked a location specific question?... unless you're just nosy. ::)
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Why would you need to know a persons location if they haven't asked a location specific question?... unless you're just nosy. ::)
Boy are you being obtuse! (look it up). The reason is because a persons location can determine the answer they get, if any! Even a general question can have regional considerations! Another thing GCD is that it is just plain common courtesy to put that information on your profile! It should be mandatory! Not your home address but at least your state and the area like S,W,N.E. or whatever!! And yes, some of us are nosy!! :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:43 AM »
The reason is because a persons location can determine the answer they get, if any! Even a general question can have regional considerations!

... but if they don't ask questions, no one needs to know... other than just plain nosiness eh?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:22 AM »
... but if they don't ask questions, no one needs to know... other than just plain nosiness eh?
DON,T WANT TO OPEN " CAN  O WORMS, but then they catch h*ll for being LURKERS!!!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:25 AM »
I think a location would be nice when asking a question about a specific lake that could exist in more than one area or state. Kind of like here where we have more than one Clear Lake in which case it is nice to see the question asked about Clear Lake, Blank County. There are people on here from all over the world and there are lakes by the same name all over the world also. I guess I would call it common courtesy to let a person know what area you are asking or talking about.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Why so secretive GCD? In the heart of dixie "eh"? Didn't you say your from Manitoba? Hows the ice in Alabama anyway?LOL

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:38 AM »
I'm not hiding...I'm over here!!!
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:05 AM »
Why so secretive GCD? In the heart of dixie "eh"? Didn't you say your from Manitoba? Hows the ice in Alabama anyway?LOL

LMAO!!! You're the one that said I was from Manitoba! ;D I don't know where you got that, I've never claimed to be from there nor have I ever been there! :woot:

Yeah, I'm from the Heart of Dixie (google it to see where that is), but I have in-laws in Ontario, Alberta, and Nova Scotia Canada... now do you see my connection and interest in ice fishing?

If I ever ask a location specific question, I will include the specifics like Cold Lake Alberta or Lake Scugog Ontario.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:18 AM »

If I ever ask a location specific question, I will include the specifics like Cold Lake Alberta or Lake Scugog Ontario.
I think that's what this thread is all about.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:49 AM »
LMAO!!! You're the one that said I was from Manitoba! ;D I don't know where you got that, I've never claimed to be from there nor have I ever been there! :woot:

Yeah, I'm from the Heart of Dixie (google it to see where that is), but I have in-laws in Ontario, Alberta, and Nova Scotia Canada... now do you see my connection and interest in ice fishing?

Yup, Manitoba. Dixie can be their too if someone feels like using Dixie as an interjection. :whistle: So since I don't know where your from, it's Manitoba from now on. :blink: I assumed that in a post when you posted about slot regs. That was not you I checked and confused 2 posts. So anyways hows the fishing up in Manitoba? ;D  ;)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:53 AM »
I wanna see a moose report....and not on the now defunct Manitoba Moose team... ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Yup, Manitoba. Dixie can be their too if someone feels like using Dixie as an interjection. :whistle: So since I don't know where your from, it's Manitoba from now on. :blink: I assumed that in a post when you posted about slot regs. That was not you I checked and confused 2 posts. So anyways hows the fishing up in Manitoba? ;D  ;)

Read this Bubba. ;)

http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/al_intro.htm

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Read this Bubba. ;)

http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/al_intro.htm

Thanks for the history review. Should I leave a reference for Illinois. First off lets start with our rich history of crooked politicians..........L OL. The heart of Dixie is a state of mind man. I know because my reformed yankee aunt told me so. ;D She used to be as much a Chicago girl as could be. Then she married a guy from Bama and now I can't understand her when she talks anymore. It took all of 4 or 5 years to develop a southern drawl like no other than Dixie land. I hear of some unbeatable largemouth bass fishing down their. I almost went down to visit/fish and ride. Great trails too I hear.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2012, 05:34 PM »
I am nosy as an old housewife that hangs out in the beauty shop when she is not in the church basement!! ;D

Seriously though, in a place like MN, it gets frustrating... They post "is the ice good on long-mud-round lake?". The first post after that is "where is it?" or "the one by genericville?"

Better yet is when guys post stuff on the general section and you have no idea what end of the planet they fish. :P

Offline bpfohler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2012, 05:59 PM »
No hiding here,  I'm in Northern Ny near the Canadian border eh!

Offline lipripperAl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing w/friends, it doesn't get any better.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Kinda funny, a guy from 'Bamy ending his sentence with "eh" instead of "ya'll", eh?

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Kinda funny, a guy from 'Bamy ending his sentence with "eh" instead of "ya'll", eh?

My Canadian wife taught me how to do that eh!

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:06 PM »
My Canadian wifes taught me how to do that eh!

Um......... My contention is that GCD is a Manitoban spy sent to infiltrate Bama with ice fishing propaganda. Therefore rendering himself king to all in the heart of dixie in the event that another massive north American glacial ice sheet should slide that way. ;D

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:07 AM »
Look at it this way i'v mailed out over 65 vexilar
stickers if i wanted to be butt head and give out them adderss i would
but im not that type of a guy. whats so fliping head
to tell us where your from ???
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com