Author Topic: Hali Marmooska Jigs  (Read 1848 times)

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hali Marmooska Jigs
« on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Does anyone know where in Northern Illinois you can purchase these jigs? I don't want the HT version of them and I downloaded Hali's catalog but they don't seem to have pricing or order forms. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline 4ssss

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hali Marmooska Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I  just tried to find some for you, and I never realized they were so hard to find. Even Amazon doesn't have them. I'm kind of wondering if HT has a lock on the U.S. market. Here's Nils USA contact info if you want to try there.

http://www.nilsmaster.com/web2008_005.htm

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Thanks, I have emailed them twice, no response the first time and still waiting for the request I sent today. We do have a local bait store that stocks some private maker of tungsten panfish jigs, I'll try those if we ever get hard water.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Piatu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://myworld.ebay.com/piatu/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2011, 03:29 PM »
If you dont get aswer at there, you might email straight to manufacturer:

hali (a) halilures.com

And here is one PDF about marmooshkas, i'm not sure is english version same :
http://www.halilures.com/todl/morrit_marmooska.pdf

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:51 AM »
Thanks, strange that they don't reply. Maybe you have to be a distributor or something.

Offline CZMark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2011, 08:26 AM »

if you travel to Southern Wisconsin, Geneva Bait and Tackle has them.

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Thanks CZMark, I'm only about 20-30 minutes from there. I'll run up there and grab some.

Offline bearlyable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Not sure about northern Illinois, but Bob White's bait and tackle in Coleman Wis. carried a huge selection of the Hali lures, including the marmooska jigs. They have about every ice fishing lure available.

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Thanks, strange that they don't reply. Maybe you have to be a distributor or something.

I emailed them last year about something I saw on the website and they responded right away with a price and asked if I wanted to place an order.  I'm sure they are pretty busy this time of the year.  But, still they should have responded you would think.

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:49 AM »
Thanks guys, Coleman is a bit far but Mills may work for on line purchases. Doesn't appear that we will have hard water around here for quite some time, seems that there's no rush this season. :(

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:03 AM »
180 Pro, many years ago I found them in a bait shop in Antiock.  Grew up near Rockford and use to fish the Chain Lakes quite a bit.  Wish I could remember the name of the shop but I'll do some more looking for you.

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Thanks Charlie, I should have pulled the trigger on the Skandia Tungsten jigs at Mills last week. They are now $2.29 each and were on sale for $1.49 ea., oh well ya snooze ya lose, right.

I'm not familiar with the bait shops in Antioch but I do know a few of the Walleye tournament guys from that area and will ask some of them as well.

Thanks again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.