The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy 3hp Model 30  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jiffy 3hp Model 30
« on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Hi

I ran into a little problem with my Jiffy on the weekend.  Long story short, when I was done cranking for a half hour trying to get it started and the sun had come up I was able to see hanging near the choke linkage a spring.  I guess I should be grateful that it didn't fall off into the snow but for the life of me I can't figure where it is supposed to hook up to.  One end goes to a little arm that rotates with the main accelerator mechanism but I can't figure out where it should be secured to.  I was wondering if some out there could take a pic of there Model 30 near the carb showing their spring so that I could get a clue to where it needs to hook up.  Either that or could someone send any links to Model 30 manuals that might show this linkage. 

Thanks in advance. 

I have tried surfing a bit for info but haven't found quite what I am looking for.  If things don't work out I will probably just take it in to a shop while I am away from the ice in Florida for the next two weeks ... taking in the Daytona 500.  Awesome.   ;D

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
Re: Jiffy 3hp Model 30
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:04 PM »
tookmy carb apart today mod 30 what dos the spring look like

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Here are a couple of close-ups I took of my Jiffy 30 ... they're as good as I could get with the flash in such a tight spot.

There's a small spring attached from a hole in the plate on the shaft that comes out of the top of the carb ... to a small hole at the end of the lower arm that's part of the throttle linkage. Sorry it's not a very clear explanation, but I'll check back occasionally in case it's not the same as yours or you have any more questions.

Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2009, 01:05 PM »
Thanks for all the assistance. 

I ended up taking it in to a pro who rebuilt the whole carb for me.  I guess the parts for this old model are really hard to come by up here in Canada so I now have a new model carb. 

That should last me another ten years or so with proper maintenance.  Cost me just over one hundred for the rebuild and tune-up. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.