The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster MAG 2000 problems  (Read 1599 times)

Offline bufford220

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Strikemaster MAG 2000 problems
« on: Feb 18, 2004, 10:26 AM »
I bought a new Strikemaster Mag 2000 several weeks ago. From the first time I tried to start the unit it took many pulls. After several trips ice fishing and a few dozen holes it still takes up to 30 pulls or more to get it running. Once it is running it runs great. I usually start it the night before I go fishing just to be on the safe side. I headed out Monday to the lake, an 1/1/2 hour drive, and walked out a good ˝ mile to my fishing spot. The first pull on the auger breaks the rope. I was extremely lucky and the motor just caught so I was able to drill a set of holes anyway. When I returned home I fired an e-mail off to Strikemaster stating my frustrations. They responded the next day and asked me to call the 800 number and talk to the VP, Ray Peterson. I made the phone call today and Ray asked me one question….what can they do to make this right. He offered to send a new powerhead. I told him I was in the middle of a short season and he said contact him when I am done. I told them in my e-mail I would post how I was treated…good or bad. I give them a thumbs-up in customer service!

Dan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.