The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fort peck lake trout  (Read 2728 times)

Offline my-marty

• IceShanty Rookie
Fort peck lake trout
« on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Anybody do any lake trout fishing on peck? I heard that is not froze up to the dam yet. I am thinking about trying the dry arm or flat lake this weekend.

Offline liprippin49ers

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fort peck lake trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Anybody do any lake trout fishing on peck? I heard that is not froze up to the dam yet. I am thinking about trying the dry arm or flat lake this weekend.

I fished south side of McGuire last Friday and caught 3 lake trout in only 26-28ft of water off the main lake. Jigged one after a school of herring swam by and the other 2 were on 5-7"sucker minnows. I've heard flat lake area has 6-8" of ice

Offline chuckd90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Just moved to Glasgow, but ready to get on the ice. Been planning on getting out this weekend and trying to get on top of some lakers. Let me know if you want company.

Offline hunterstier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Lakers!

Offline my-marty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Just moved to Glasgow, but ready to get on the ice. Been planning on getting out this weekend and trying to get on top of some lakers. Let me know if you want company.
never made it to peck today. Decided to fight a sinus infection instead. Hopefully I can make it up there in a couple of weeks. Could definitely use the company as I have not had much luck up there on previous attempts.

Offline chuckd90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:45 AM »
never made it to peck today. Decided to fight a sinus infection instead. Hopefully I can make it up there in a couple of weeks. Could definitely use the company as I have not had much luck up there on previous attempts.
Ended up going out Saturday and did pretty well (for me, at least). first one through the ice was about 27", the next two were about 32-33" each. Let me know when you're planning on heading this way next and we can slay as a team!

Offline my-marty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Ended up going out Saturday and did pretty well (for me, at least). first one through the ice was about 27", the next two were about 32-33" each. Let me know when you're planning on heading this way next and we can slay as a team!
That sounds great, I have yet to catch a laker in my life so it is definately at the top of my list, I think I may have had one hit a tip-up at rock creek last year. Whatever it was ran all the line out almost instantly and bent the hook straight. I think I can make it up there the 17th.

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:13 AM »
I'm looking @ 650 miles from southeast Idaho- This is on my bucket list- Hell's Creek looks like a good choice- I'm a Laker hunter but looking to expand - never fished for walleye or pike- everyone has bailed on me! Would like to meet up with others while I'm there- the weather looks frigid for the extended outlook- retired so am flexible on dates- if anyone has patience for a newby would love to hear from you!!

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Glmill....  I'll be at hell creek 2/9-2/16.  pm me if your going to be out there the same time.   I personally have never had any luck with the walleye out there, but I always manage a number of lakers each trip.   

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Was planning on it- but the frigid temps scared me off !! Looking at later on - maybe in March- looks like the ice will last awhile- My cousin was going with me - he bailed on me- in fact he lives in Missoula-

Offline boxl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:59 AM »
headed to the dam this weekend, sounds like better ice.  Any updates on the laker fishing?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.