The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Tanaka/Nils Question  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Suspect

• IceShanty Rookie
Tanaka/Nils Question
« on: Nov 07, 2010, 11:33 PM »
I got a tanaka auger last year as a gift, and instead of the matching blade it was shipped with an eskimo bit and crappy adapter.  Instead of getting a refund and waiting till this year to get a Nils (everywhere was sold out by that point), I went fishing.  So now I'm stuck with an amazing power head turning a heavy, wobbly blade that is way too tall for most of the season and puts the handles at eye level (and I'm 6'2").

I'd like to just get a Nils hand auger and slap it on.  Is that possible?  I can't get any confirmation, but from pictures it looks like their power heads are modified where they connect.  I'm guessing that won't work and I'll end up at a machine shop trying to make it fit.

What are my other options?  I did see someone using a newish Tanaka with a black bit but didn't ask what it was.  Is there anything else that will fit?

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tanaka/Nils Question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Yes the Nils hand augers are made to fit the Tanaka powerheads, when I got mine it also came with a handle to use as a hand auger, I love mine with the 48" bit.

Offline Suspect

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2010, 11:59 PM »
I think I've figured it out, but I'm out of town and can't check for a couple days.

Nils uses the TED-270PFDH, while I'm pretty sure I have the bigger TIA-350PFS.  Either way, the connection I see on the Nils power head is a lot different than what I have on mine.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2010, 09:28 PM »
I have the 270 cant see needing anything bigger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.