Author Topic: ice fishing boots  (Read 24194 times)

Gillman

Re: ice fishing boots
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2004, 03:58 PM »
I use the Lacrosse Extreme PFT's and they are unbelievably warm and 100% waterproof, plus they were only $130

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Been snowmobilling and ice fishing for past 30 yrs. many many many boots later I can honestly say cabelas predator boots, are by far the best boots I've ever owned.

Their a pac boot which meens they have much more insulation in the bottom of the boot than normal boots do. They have a removeable felt liner and the liner has a small pocket under the toe area to slide in a heat pack. The heat pack is normally unnececery, but just to be on the safe side on those extreme days I'll use this feature.

I've allways had a problem with getting cold feet, I dont mean frost bite type cold , just slightly uncomfortable. These boots are now my standard wear for snowmobiling and especially ice fishing. Did I mention you can actually walk quite comfortably in them all day.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2004, 07:21 AM »
   Moderate dry days Lacrosse Ice Kings,  slushy or extremly cold days Lacrosse PFT's.   Bowhunting from a stand or all day icefishing adventure no cold feet here.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 09, 2004, 06:51 AM »
Another vote for Ice Kings. The funny thing is the liners are only 400 grams if I remember right and they are the warmest boots I have ever owned.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 09, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Just picked up a pair of Ice Kings at Gander Mountain.   I can finally toss the old Sorel's (served me well over the last 15 yrs). 

I can't wait for some ice and try them out! ;D
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2004, 12:39 AM »
hey slipbob, what part of upstate NY do you fish?  I am heading up to the Rochester area in a few weeks and would love to hear of a good spot to do some fishing?

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2004, 08:37 PM »
 I like my mickey mouse boots,100% waterproof,very warm,and not a bad price if you can find your size.  HIGHFLAGS  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I just got a pair of Irish Setters 1200,  rated to -125 F.  They are still on sale at Cabelas from 140 to 90 bucks.  I'm very impressed with these,  very light (4.4lb),  great lateral support and agressive soles with roller speed lacing.  They don't look like moon boots at all.  Cabelas screwed up my order at first and substited Irish setters with Cabelas  Snow Squal (if I remember correctly) and those were very uncomortable, heavy and sloppy.  They were same price,  same comfort level and very nice hardware but  were very stiff and pinched  my foot.  Seemed like they would need to be broken in.  So unless I start whinning about cold feet in a month or so,  I vote for my Irish Setters right now.    ;D

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2004, 02:07 PM »
...almost forgot,  they run a bit on a large side.   I wear 10.5 sneakers with 11 boots.  Irish Setter 11 were one size too big and 10.5 was a perfect fit with a heavy sock and toe room to wiggle.

Offline Penguin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishermen walk on water!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 22, 2004, 10:05 PM »
I've had Ice Kings going on my third season after wearing out a pair of Ice Man over 12 years, love 'em. I double layer with Cabela's polypro under a heavier wool blend. They're really light, too. I don't deer hunt anymore, but sure wish I could have had these when I did.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Just picked up a pair of Ice Kings at Gander Mountain.   I can finally toss the old Sorel's (served me well over the last 15 yrs). 

I can't wait for some ice and try them out! ;D

Just got back from two days of crappie fishing (iced 41).  The Ice KIngs were warm and comfortable!  One disadvantage over the old sorel's is their larger size.  I had to be careful not to kick everything around when I was in the shanty! ;D 

No Politics............Ju st Fish!

camanchefisher

« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Today, after i went fishing for like 6 hours my feet got cold and wet, so i went and spend 90 bucks on lacrosse/1000gram thinsulate rubber boots, hope they keep my feet warm.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #42 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Tried out my new Rocky icestalkers yesterday 1000 gram with flip out ice cleats really nice they are bulkier than some of the other boots but flip out cleats make it worth it
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2005, 04:46 PM »
The kamik rubber boots with the laces and removable liner work great and they only cost 35-40 bucks they only last 2-3 years but for that price why not, got mine this year and my all beetween deer hunting and ice fishin my feet have not gotten wet yet nok on wood

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Basshuntah

« Reply #44 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Just bought a pair of Field and stream boots, I always just thought they were a magazine, but their alot more. These boats have made ice fishing in sub-zero temps a pleasure.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.