Author Topic: Patching knees on bibs  (Read 2237 times)

Offline biotroller

• IceShanty Rookie
Patching knees on bibs
« on: Mar 03, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Wore a hole in my waterproof bibs. What have you used to patch yours? I'm lath inking of ordering some cordura or ballistic nylon from eBay, I'm not sure what weight to get. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Offline biotroller

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Patching knees on bibs
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I was thinking of going with something that I could cover the entire knee area similar to some of the ice suits out there have.

This is the material I was thinking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORDURA-OLIVE-BROWN-1000D-WATERPROOF-OUTDOOR-FABRIC-60-W-COATED-DWR-CORDURA-/281261434629?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item417c7ce705

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLISTIC-BLACK-1680D-NYLON-FABRIC-60-ORDER-BY-THE-YARD-/281266926506?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item417cd0b3aa

lastly:

this one is a little smaller than what I would like to use though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281215091835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I plan on gluing it on with a waterproof cement & possibly stitching the edges as well.  I don't care if it is breathable on my knees, I don't want any more holes in my knees & wet pants!

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2014, 11:11 PM »
Get your hands on some Neoprene, I was able to pick up a note book cover for 5 bucks, two great sheets in lots of colors...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:51 AM »
Get your hands on some Neoprene, I was able to pick up a note book cover for 5 bucks, two great sheets in lots of colors...
    Dollar store ...just picked up a tablet cover and two Ipod neoprene covers ....used them to keep my led lights protected/storage .....guess you could attach them via Aqua seal
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2014, 06:21 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. My bibs are in great shape but would like to do some preventative maintenance seeing as I prefer to jig on my knees and inevitably, regardless of material, it will wear through.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2014, 02:39 PM »
Was just on the Clam site. They sell patching for suits in many different colors.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Burtess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2014, 06:39 PM »
I wear Work King insulated overalls that are polyester outer with a polyurethane coating.  After a couple of years the knees started to seep a bit.  I cut up some old rain pants made of similar material and glued the patches onto the knees of the overalls with Aquaseal.  Just around the outer edge.  Works great.

Burt :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.