New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Guffin Bay  (Read 3265 times)

Offline sinkyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • thin ice is such a rush
Guffin Bay
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Fished it 2 days caught 12 nice sized perch but that was it .awful fishing  for a bay that for the most part is pretty good .  I don't know if it was that big weather system that came thur or just slow fishing ........ keep your tip-up

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Guffin Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:12 PM »
We went up on saturday and had about the same luck when did you go?How was the ice?

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:13 PM »
well hopefully it picks up soon.  Me & a few buddies will be up there next weekend.  How was the pull?  Any other tips you wanna share?
;

Offline sinkyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • thin ice is such a rush
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I went the 5th and 6th . I live on pillar point side of guffin . as of today on my side there was 9in of ice But theres a foot of snow and some  slushy spots . I had my wheeler on it . cafeful on the chaumont side or sawmill bay side of chaumont bay  new ice ....  guffin is slow but I chumed with some perch eggs I started to catch some nice sized perch . Hope it's OK to use eggs like that but it seemed to work ' than I had to go . today nothing...Hope that helps   

Offline walleyehunter01

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/Ice
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:08 PM »
well hopefully it picks up soon.  Me & a few buddies will be up there next weekend.  How was the pull?  Any other tips you wanna share?
just to let you know,the marina offers round trip rides onto the bay for $5.last weekend me and 2 of my buddies took advantage of it.it was not $5 per person either,it was for all of us.

Offline fishit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:25 PM »
The people at Guffin Bay Marina are great people and are some of the most helpful you will find...I would rather spend what little money I have with the small businesses than give it to the big chain stores...

The Subway sandwich shop near the bay is convenient but the shops down in town have alot better food...

Fish.it

Keep your eyes open there is a rumor floating around that Esox Slayer has been catching a frequent ride with the guys from Guffins...kinda like an Elvis sighting...

Fish.it
.. Go away or I shall taunt you a second time...

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2010, 09:25 PM »
The people at Guffin Bay Marina are great people and are some of the most helpful you will find...I would rather spend what little money I have with the small businesses than give it to the big chain stores...

The Subway sandwich shop near the bay is convenient but the shops down in town have alot better food...

Fish.it

Keep your eyes open there is a rumor floating around that Esox Slayer has been catching a frequent ride with the guys from Guffins...kinda like an Elvis sighting...

Fish.it

Couldnt agree more they are some great people there.He is one of the only people that I have ever talked to that actaully told me that the fishing wasnt the best one time.Saved me a hour and a half ride.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:29 PM »
A good day on guffins today....for some people.....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.