The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62617 times)

Offline FragsFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #390 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03:20 PM »
I do not know the phone number. I called and it didn’t work either. Yes they are open. I stopped by there yesterday for some spikes.

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #391 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Thanks!!
Did you make it to Morrison today? Do any good?

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #392 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Question for my fellow Lansing fishermen. I tried calling grand river bait and tackle the other day, and the phone number was disconnected.  Does any one know if they are still in business? If they are, does anyone have a good phone number for them? Google gave me the same number I already had.
Thanks.

About a week ago I had the same experience. Drove out there, and yes they are open and I got some spikes. She gave me this phone number and it works. 517-420-4183.

Offline iceman J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #393 on: Feb 03, 2019, 08:57 PM »
I called that number and all I could hear was a scratching noise like a beard rubbing on the phone lol.  Jk they are open and have bait it's my usual spot for bait.

Offline Millertime122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #394 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:20 PM »
How’s the ice looking on Morrison fragsfishing?

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #395 on: Feb 04, 2019, 01:07 PM »
Plan B........anyone else read that thread? He said he got 20 keepers in a couple hours on Chemung. Might have to take a trip down there.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #396 on: Feb 04, 2019, 06:38 PM »
I tried their phone number also got same thing. Drove over they are still open. Phone rang and she answered but I forgot to ask about it.
Retired Great Lakes Charter Captain now want to learn Ice Fishing

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #397 on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:40 PM »
Fished several lakes in the EGR area again this weekend, the bite has been slow just about everywhere it seems. And I will blame it on the weird weather changes. Also hit Lake Lansing on Sunday with some friends. I flag, small bass, and two micro gills in 5 hours. There was close to two inches of water on top of the ice would be impossible to walk on without cleats. Sheesh. Think I’m gonna drive a little bit north next week and see if I can find anything.
I’m a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #398 on: Feb 06, 2019, 11:51 AM »
I went by Crego could see new holes in center of lake but looks like someone went through by shore

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #399 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:56 AM »
On break at work, and checking out iceshanty. I seem to remember someone from the Lansing hard water suggesting a get together of the Lansing fishermen. Was that last year, or earlier this year, that it was brought up? Sounds like a good opportunity to meet and do some fishing, as long as the ice holds up a little longer this year. Any thoughts or suggestions for putting this together?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #400 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Wings. It’s been brought up almost every year on this thread. But every year the ice gets more and more questionable lol Checked out the 5 day forecast. I think it will firm back up again one last time. If we did have a get together where would you guys want to go? Let’s make a list top 5. Let’s try and keep itsorta close so that way if it lands on a day that maybe a couple folks have other things to do they can at least come out and hang for a little bit. Here’s my top 5.
1. Lake Lansing
2. Total Firearms (if they allow it)
3. Interstate (apparently some good gills but hard to find, would definitely stay busy with the bass though)
4. Hawk Island (been told from reliable source there’s some nice crappie in there, just really hard to find them, plus some big bass)
5. Muskrat (hate this lake but, if we got a big group out there ya never know)
I’m a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #401 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Good idea.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #402 on: Feb 07, 2019, 03:22 PM »
For me  this would be more about meeting local fisherman than fishing
I have tried here casebook and another outdoor form to try find a local friendto fish with. With no luck so my vote would be Hawk Island. Big parking lot and tables if we want a lunch

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #403 on: Feb 07, 2019, 07:58 PM »
We might not get much fishing done there, WD; what about Lake Ovid? BTW, I never hear about it here...does that meann the fishing's petered out these days?
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline iceman J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #404 on: Feb 07, 2019, 10:05 PM »
I haven't fished ovid in a few years but it's always been a dinkfest through the ice for me. I've caught some nice redears out there in the spring sight fishing them and trying to put it right in front of the big ones but all I've ever caught is dinks through the ice

Offline iceman J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #405 on: Feb 07, 2019, 10:17 PM »
I would say interstate has the best fishing out of those 5 lakes imo. However I've noticed some of the fish have been starting to get a little grubby the last few years.

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #406 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:11 AM »
High of 18* today and an overnight low 5* firming everything up. Going to be a cold start on Saginaw bay tomorrow morning.  Good luck to every one around the Lansing area tomorrow. 

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #407 on: Feb 08, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Next Saturday, February 16, it is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 31*.
How does next Saturday sound for the get together?  We could do a Lansing spot as ORB has suggested. Or do an early morning breakfast and head out to a more (quality....bigger fish) lake.  That would allow people to at least meet everyone over breakfast.  Just an idea. I'm open to what the majority decides.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #408 on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Does anyone know how many Lansing area guys there are 3 of or 100? I'm a old guy who doesn't walk well who's having another surgery Wednesday. Last year I dropped over a grand on ice fishing. All new rods reels line lures camera heaters and I added a second flip over and auger(used)  I have a RZR with a built in Lowrance GPS added rakes to carry two shanties and a dog sled(needs to be picked up) to haul aluminum ramps. But with bad health and no friends it just sets. Sous I would like to meet a friend ;D     

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #409 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:21 PM »
I'm good for Saturday the 16th.  Hopefully someplace with fish, but just meeting the local guys that like to have cold stinky fingers would be great!   I'd go try someplace tomorrow the 9th, but I'll be in Jackson all day with my 11 and 12 year olds getting them their 8th? Taekwondo belts.  They've been doing Taekwondo, old school Japanese jiu jitsu. (Danzen Ryu), and a bit of Krav Maga for about 4 years now.  They come first.  They give up Minecraft for good stuff, I give up Fishing..:(
- Joe

Next Saturday, February 16, it is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 31*.
How does next Saturday sound for the get together?  We could do a Lansing spot as ORB has suggested. Or do an early morning breakfast and head out to a more (quality....bigger fish) lake.  That would allow people to at least meet everyone over breakfast.  Just an idea. I'm open to what the majority decides.

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #410 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:00 PM »
For those of you that are interested,  here is my Saginaw bay report so far.
Met up with Doeslayer, cool dude. We're out of Augres. 19* and steady wind about 10 mph. 
Nothing so far, but the magical walleye hour is approaching. 
Will post results of trio later. Time to start jigging.

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #411 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:22 PM »
Only one walleye on a tip up, just after datk. 22/23 inches with stout shoulders.  Going to taste good. Well worth the trip to learn something and to catch a meal. Hope the rest of you did well.

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
Any ice reports?
« Reply #412 on: Feb 09, 2019, 10:57 PM »
With the melt we had I imagine it got soft around the edges of lakes.  Is it firming up again?  Any reports from Interstate, Morrison, Jordan, Tupper or Total Firearms? 

- Joe

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #413 on: Feb 09, 2019, 11:09 PM »
If I can get my honey do list done in the in morning, I will be taking a drive over to Morrison tomorrow afternoon.  Any one interested in meeting up or riding together?

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #414 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Is fox still frozen? My wife and I might go this afternoon.
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #415 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Just left Total Firearms, and they're were guy's fishing.  Guy at fishing counter said guys did well last weekend.  Definitely an option for Saturday. 

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #416 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:25 PM »
That's great news!  I'll go to Total.  All day on a Saturday or whenever.  This Thursday will get slightly warm.  Other than that the next 10 days are cold.  :)    Can someone  tell me how the parking is for Fox Knoll?  Does it ever get full?  How far is parking from the lake edge?  It it ok for pulling a shanty on skis, or better for just carrying a couple of buckets?  I'm reaching the point that I have too much gear.  In the old days I just walked out with 2 buckets and an auger and caught a ton of fish.  Now it's like I have to bring so much crap. I don't fish as much.
- Joe

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #417 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:51 PM »
Parking at Fox can fill in quick, room for about 4 or 5 car to pull into the lot and then the rest is parking along the road. Its a dead end
so not much traffic.  I would recommend bringing a jet sled or carry in. It may be a couple hundred feet to the lake from parking
but its usually just a small path through the bullrush's.
Hope this helps
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #418 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Ok guys we have one vote each for hawk island and total firearms for this coming Saturday.  I have no preference and will go wherever  the majority decides. So far, counting myself, there are 3 people interested. Is anybody else interested in joining the group on Saturday?
One more thing to consider.......what time do we want to get together? Morning or afternoon? 

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #419 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:34 AM »
I'll do anytime. If we go morning, and the bite is poor, it will leave time to go try another spot. Today I drove from work on my lunch and looked around Jones lake. I didn't see any parking at all there. Do you just park along the edge of the dead end road?  The "park" closes at dusk. Can you still park there and night fish?  I might try it tomorrow night and report back.
-Joe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.