The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: please help find sleeper shanty for 6 in michigan  (Read 2523 times)

Offline fishermanswife

• IceShanty Rookie
please help find sleeper shanty for 6 in michigan
« on: Aug 01, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Hoping I can get some good advice for booking a surprise 40th birthday ice fishing weekend for my husband and his brothers. I've seen mixed reviews for Lyman's on Houghton Lake and I've looked at Adventure Outfitter all the way in Gladstone. I'd love to get them a sleeper shanty. Thanks!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: please help find sleeper shanty for 6 in michigan
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Burt and mullet lakes had a group that does sleeper shanties I don't remember there name nor have used them.. might be worth looking in to that and bay de noc I think had sleeper shanties to all depends on how far you want to drive?? We used to drive to wawa canada the equilvent of driving north same distance as going south to florida.. lol's..

Would love to try smelt at crystal lake Frankfort michigan my self

http://www.tinybubblescharters.com/ice-fishing-shanty-rentals.html

Also do searches for grand lake Alpena burt mullet lakes /chain of lakes..

Little bay de noc for white fish and steel salmon If looking for walleye go else ware lake michigan is a great white fish steel and salmon fishery but can be hit or miss on walleye .. also try Houghton for pike bass walleye..

Also Travers bay and little travers bay depending target species I think there are shanty rentals there too.. try finding some one who stayed at them .. cause more hits then missed is a big thing when it comes to fishing ..  when a big hit for that person as in good service.. is always a plus ..

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2018, 05:57 PM »
The guy running the shanties out of Burt Lake is pricy, but doable. If they want to make the trip to the UP there is an outfit on Little Bay de Noc that has sleepers. Sorry, I don't have names or contact info for either.... Good Luck, very sweet of you to plan this trip for him.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Stayed with Ray @ Adventure Outfitter last year in a 4 place sleeper. I'll describe as "utilitarian, spartan", nothing fancy but if you want to eat, sleep, fish it works. Ray is a standup guy, salt of the earth. I was thinking about the 6 man deluxe for this year. Looked bigger and  better equipped. Last year was a first time, going forward I'd have different expectations. For sure not like looking @ the MN Ice Castles but over 6 hours closer for us.

If you're short and are looking for someone to "chip in" PM me. I got a lotta free time, I like to fish and cook, hold up my end of the log (work and financial) and really don't irritate many folks (unless I want to  ;))
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.